TVC still alive: Wahama (12-0) vs Williamstown (12-0)

Who wins the game?

Total votes: 0

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

TVC still alive: Wahama (12-0) vs Williamstown (12-0)

Post by 93Bulldog »

Figured I would go ahead and start a topic for this game ... I know its in West Virginia - but its kind of cool both teams are close to the Ohio border, both are undefeated and Wahama is a member of the TVC.

Eaglepapaw
S

Re: TVC still alive: Wahama (12-0) vs Williamstown (12-0)

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Good luck White Falcons,get a win for the TVC.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Eaglepapaw ... Help me out here buddy - where exactly is Williamstown? I am probably going to go watch this game, I might want to know where I'm heading ... lol ... I know its around the Marietta area, I think ... So what am I looking at, an hour drive or more from Athens you think?

WVUME
Waterboy

Post by WVUME »

Williamstown is in a conference called LKC. It's a small school conference just like the TVC. So this game matches up the TVC-Hocking champion vs. the LKC champion. We hope to represent the conference well.

Last year the LKC champion was Wirt County. Wahama played them in the semi finals and beat them with ease.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

93Bulldog wrote:Eaglepapaw ... Help me out here buddy - where exactly is Williamstown? I am probably going to go watch this game, I might want to know where I'm heading ... lol ... I know its around the Marietta area, I think ... So what am I looking at, an hour drive or more from Athens you think?
Williamstown is just outside of Parkersburg/Vienna.You can take 7 to Belpre and cross over Memorial Bridge into Parkersburg,not the new bridge that you will come to prior to coming into Belpre but it is a toll bridge at 7 and Main street in Belpre.After you cross the bridge go to the 2nd light which is Murdoch ave and turn right. Stay on Murdoch and it will change to Grand Central Ave and that runs all the way to Williamstown.If you would rather stay on freeway roads take the first bridge on 7 where it says Parkersburg US 50, I77.Take 50 to I77 go north on 77 to Williamstown exit.Either way it should be approx 1 hour

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Cool ... Thx Eaglepapaw.

I've only got one hang up, the TVC basketball preview is Friday night ... I need this game to be played on SATURDAY! Any chance of that happening anyone? A day game in the sunshine would be even better ... lol

Who has the connections to make that happen? Whos wheels do I have to grease?

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

93Bulldog wrote:Cool ... Thx Eaglepapaw.

I've only got one hang up, the TVC basketball preview is Friday night ... I need this game to be played on SATURDAY! Any chance of that happening anyone? A day game in the sunshine would be even better ... lol

Correction,if you take the toll bridge in Belpre you will turn LEFT on Murdoch,not right.Must have had a "Papaw" moment while typing. You can only go left on Murdoch.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

93Bulldog wrote:Cool ... Thx Eaglepapaw.

The wv supreme court. They helped decide AAA last year. Lol.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thx for all the info ... If anyone finds out the date of the game - please post it.

BTW ... I put some stuff up on the TVC web site featuring this game: http://trivalleyconference.com/Home_Page.html

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

in the state of west Virginia. the home team chooses location. visiting determines date and time of game. And as far as directions goes. i would you just not come over to route 7 take it into Marietta and cross the bridge there go up 3 blocks and school and football stadium will be on your right.

Sgrebel_654
Waterboy

Post by Sgrebel_654 »

Good luck wahama bring home a win

RJ7171C71R
Riding the Bench

Post by RJ7171C71R »

I think Wahama takes this and Joins my Point Pleasant Big Blacks in the Super Six at Wheeling :)

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

kvnchambers wrote:in the state of west Virginia. the home team chooses location. visiting determines date and time of game. And as far as directions goes. i would you just not come over to route 7 take it into Marietta and cross the bridge there go up 3 blocks and school and football stadium will be on your right.

You are correct kvnchambers,going to Marietta on 7 to the Williamstown bridge would be another option to get there in the same amount of time.Easier to get to high school also.

masonite
Waterboy

Post by masonite »

Tough task for the White Falcons this week. Williamstown is one of the largest single A schools in WV. We would like to invite all the TVC fans to come out and help support us. Were very proud to be members of the TVC and do our best to represent our conference.

WVUME
Waterboy

Post by WVUME »

The game as been scheduled for Friday night at 7:30 PM

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Goodluck wahama as a TVC fan i hope you go all the way and represent the Tri Valley Conference.. I also would like to see NY drop BU for Wahama for regular season in the future .. Goodluck guys

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

WVUME wrote:The game as been scheduled for Friday night at 7:30 PM
Arrrghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

buckeyeguy wrote:Goodluck wahama as a TVC fan i hope you go all the way and represent the Tri Valley Conference.. I also would like to see NY drop BU for Wahama for regular season in the future .. Goodluck guys

I agree!! Wahama is a div 5 school in Ohio so it would def be scheduling up.

Mr. Wing-T
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Wing-T »

buckfan84 wrote:
buckeyeguy wrote:Goodluck wahama as a TVC fan i hope you go all the way and represent the Tri Valley Conference.. I also would like to see NY drop BU for Wahama for regular season in the future .. Goodluck guys

I agree!! Wahama is a div 5 school in Ohio so it would def be scheduling up.

I've seen this discussion on this message board in the past, but am a little confused as to why some think that Wahama would be division 5. They are a combined Jr./Sr high school with total enrollment of over 400 in grades 7-12. Division numbers for Ohio, I think, are based on grades 9-12 or 9-11 or something (not sure). According to online enrollment statistics, Trimble had approximately 283 grades 9-12 for the 2009-2010 school year. Wahama is basically the same size, maybe smaller, if you only include those grades. Why is Trimble not division V and scheduling up?

Not trying to stir the pot, just had a legitimate question. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

Ohio goes by division cut offs based on the number of boys or girls in the school. Not combined total. The have 152 boys 9-12. Division 5 is 171-120.

Return to “Football”