Varsity

SEOAL Future

Post by camnott »

What's evryone's thoughts?

moonshine
SEO

Re: SEOAL Future

Post by moonshine »

Within 2-4 years Both Logan and Chillicothe will be members of the MSL. I don't care what all the print people have to say. Just remember what James Carville and Bill Clinton said "It Is The Economy Stupid"

The _Big_One
Freshman Team

Post by The _Big_One »

Let's make the tvc a power house baby!!!!! :twisted:

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

The _Big_One wrote:Let's make the tvc a power house baby!!!!! :twisted:

Everybody has made FUN of the TVC for being the seoal little brother..
What do thier fans do now...I know for a FACT..That even before Logan
or chilli..Even talked about leaving..Gallia jackson..warren...Were ALL.
Looking to JOIN THE TVC...Fact are facts..And yes even LOGAN WERE COMING TO THE League meetings
And was one of the Main teams Pusing for a 3rd division..they wanted
LOGAN
JACKSON
ATHENS
WARREN
GALLIA
NY FOOTBALL ONLY
MEIGS...ALL OTHER SPORTS EXCEPT FOOTBALL...I KNOW FOR A FACT!!!!
IF i do remember right..Ironton was mentioned in the mix also..along with wheelersburgh...

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

hopes that SOME league......allows the Trojans to join when the SEOAL folds.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Also...from my ties from the MVL..Tri valley is looking north..
Was told Big IF tri valley leaves..that sheridan was also gone..This leaves
NL CROOKSVILLE..That would fit in the TVC...For a fact crooksville has been to league meetings..also

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Between 1984 and 1992 the SEOAL had 5 & 6 teams and they are still here in near 2012

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

noreply66 wrote:Between 1984 and 1992 the SEOAL had 5 & 6 teams and they are still here in near 2012

This is true, but I see one key difference between then and now.....

Back then you had.....Athens, Warren, Marietta, Jackson, Logan, Gallia Academy.

*IF* Chillicothe and Logan leave for the MSL, the SEOAL will have.......Warren, Jackson, Gallia Academy, Portsmouth.

Back then, Warren had close geographic league rivals in Marietta and Athens. Now Warren is kind of out on an island all by itself in the league. Likewise, Portsmouth is kind of out there on an island all by itself.

The six team SEOAL of the 80s was far more geographically compact with more natural geographic rivals.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

I understand that the economy is causing major changes in leagues throughout the state and that everyone wants to play a schedule that makes the most sense geographically. However, it is impossible to have any league in which noone has to travel over 35 minutes for a game, large metropolitan areas not included. There are just too many factors to overcome.

Sure, it would be great if Portsmouth and Ironton could join the SOC2. It would be nice for Logan if they could join a more northern league with very minimal travel requirements. I could go on and on, however, most of these things will likely never happen.

Being an old SEOAL guy I would like the following teams in the league:

Athens, Warren, Marietta, Jackson, Logan, Gallia Academy, Point Pleasant

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If and I say IF Logan and Chillicothe would leave I can see some old teams coming back.
Some of these league that people are talking about wouldn't give the votes for either one.
In the TVC you are going to have Athens winning about everything soon.And after awhile that won't be going over too well.
Some teams in the TVC will get together to make a new league to get away from Athens. Athens is starting to come back in all sports now that they are playing smaller teams and this is getting more boys and girls going out to be on a winning team.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Athens have been dominateing the TVC since they joined.
nobody has won half as many league titles has they have in that time

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

For Portsmouth it would be bad. The SOC2 wont let them in so that most likely means independent witch i don't like one bit !

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

NY BUCKS wrote:Also...from my ties from the MVL..Tri valley is looking north..
Was told Big IF tri valley leaves..that sheridan was also gone..This leaves
NL CROOKSVILLE..That would fit in the TVC...For a fact crooksville has been to league meetings..also
Serious doubts about this concerning Crooksville.

Jackson and Gallia need to seriously consider joining the TVC Ohio if the SEOAL continues to lose members. The TVC needs larger schools, not smaller schools, if they are going to expand.

If and when Logan and Chilly make a move, other dominos will start falling too.

Just my opinion.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Crooksville listened to a pitch from the TVC Ohio about 3 years ago and said no. Crooksville was also courted last year by the MSL small school division. That kind of fell apart as the MSL dealt with many teams leaving in the next couple years for the new LCL.

Tri-Valley is not going anywhere. So Sheridan is not going anywhere. The MVL will stay with 9 teams for the years to come. Strongly considered an SEOAL team that wanted in a couple years ago (not hard to figure out - look at geography), but decided to stay with what they have.

I hate to see the SEOAL fall apart, but it is not looking good. I suspect the TVC will pick up most of the teams left after a couple schools head to the MSL.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I think we just need to wait and see what happens north of us before we look at any TVC expansion, or the demise of the SEOAL. THE MSL IS losing Canal Winchester, Licking Valley and Licking Heights. Not sure about Newark Catholic, but the other ones are forming a Licking County league and Canal is going to the OCC. The MSL has to decide if they are going to only have 2 divisions, or try to replace the schools that are leaving. They could go either direction. Once they decide what they are going to do, then all the chips will start falling. Either the SEOAL will remain with the 6 schools they have now, or the ones that dont go north will have to look to add or join another conference. I believe the MSL holds all the cards right now.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

NY BUCKS wrote:

Looking to JOIN THE TVC...Fact are facts..And yes even LOGAN WERE COMING TO THE League meetings
LOGAN
JACKSON
ATHENS
WARREN
GALLIA
NY FOOTBALL ONLY
IF i do remember right..Ironton was mentioned in the mix also..along with wheelersburgh...
I know for a FACT that anyone officially representing the Logan-Hocking School District was not at this meeting.

Logan HAS talked to the Mid-State League. The Mid-State League has finished with their expansion exploration and they are not extending an offer to Logan or Chillicothe.

Logan has NOT talked to the TVC. If someone "from Logan" was at a meeting with the TVC, they were not officially representing the school district.

The SEOAL, as it stands, will carry on. In fact, I believe the SEOAL will be expanding before it contracts again.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Im glad to see that it looks like the SEOAL is going to stay, but Locos, who is the SEOAL looking to expand with?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

indianabuck -

I'm not sure who or when - but I also don't think anyone in the SEOAL is going anywhere. Unless the SOC suddenly decides to let Portsmouth in at least.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Thats excellent considering ALL the sports in the league are competative. That is the kind of league that all the other leagues need to be.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

LoganLocos wrote:
NY BUCKS wrote:

LOGAN
JACKSON
ATHENS
WARREN
GALLIA
NY FOOTBALL ONLY
I know for a FACT that anyone officially representing the Logan-Hocking School District was not at this meeting.

Logan HAS talked to the Mid-State League. The Mid-State League has finished with their expansion exploration and they are not extending an offer to Logan or Chillicothe.

Logan has NOT talked to the TVC. If someone "from Logan" was at a meeting with the TVC, they were not officially representing the school district.

The SEOAL, as it stands, will carry on. In fact, I believe the SEOAL will be expanding before it contracts again.

That's great news if it is true Locos. I think the SEOAL will have Athens circled as the prime target. They are the bridge to Warren. Some in the TVC might not admit it, but it's pretty clear that it was a mistake letting them in the conference.

Logan
Athens
Warren
Jackson
Gallipolis
Chillicothe
Portsmouth

That would be a tremendous 7 team conference.
Last edited by Daniel Larusso on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”