Portsmouth athletic complex finally started!

battlecats
JV Team

Portsmouth athletic complex finally started!

Post by battlecats »

This project has finally started but will it be ready for the fall? I hope so...
One thing I don't get is if you have seen the construction site this week they are building what looks to be the field house parallel to Gallia St. but in the picture above it has the field house along Waller St. I believe so does anyone know whats up with that?

coop
SEOPS

Re: Portsmouth athletic complex finally started!

Post by coop »

I have in-laws working on that project....I heard an "approximate" opening date, but I'm not going to share that just yet...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

coop , was the date for the football phase, or the enitire project?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Both....

I was actually given a "stadium grand opening" date....but I really cant share it. I was also told about all the details of the field house and etc.

Sounds pretty good!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yeah I wasnt given an exact date, but was told approx.

I know they ended up skimping some on the fieldhouses though, and on the lay out of the field, but stil...it should be pretty nice.

best of all, like Valleys , it wil be connected to the School grounds, like a campus.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

what kind of things did they skimp out on? and is this gonna be anything unique or just like every other new high school football stadium?

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

another cold pile of concrete and steel with no history..... i will miss spartan stadium...

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

If that is the fieldhouse they are building right now then that is a pretty good sized fieldhouse...Hopefully the 2 property holdout sell soon or that could become interesting.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

If is opened next year it looks like the first game ever played in it will be West at Portsmouth.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Great to see the work has started!! Spartan Stadium has a lot of history, but it's time to start a new history with a brand new stadium..........GO TROJANS!!!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Hopefully the outcome will be different than the game in 02, lol. And is it offical that the stadium will be done in time for football season?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

battlecats wrote:If that is the fieldhouse they are building right now then that is a pretty good sized fieldhouse...Hopefully the 2 property holdout sell soon or that could become interesting.

I was told, that ALL the property was a done deal, the other day.

not sure, but thats what I heard.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

I guess i will await to see a game there until 2010...but will see it's progress often as i visit the Ribber....the only good reason to ev er be in Portsmouth.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

I sure hope so...That one house is right smack in the middle of everything so it would be like the old days trying to dodge a goal post but instead trying to dodge someones front porch.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

85inside wrote:I guess i will await to see a game there until 2010...but will see it's progress often as i visit the Ribber....the only good reason to ev er be in Portsmouth.

yeah?...maybe someone could talk to Mr. Mault, about building one in Ironton,,,then there could be at least one reason to be there also :lol: :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

battlecats wrote:I sure hope so...That one house is right smack in the middle of everything so it would be like the old days trying to dodge a goal post but instead trying to dodge someones front porch.

yeah , but who ever lived there could grill on the porch, and have front row seats to the games 8)

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

another cold pile of concrete and steel with no history..... i will miss spartan stadium...

New history will be made every friday night.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

I am looking forward to driving the 600 miles to see Portsmouth's new stadium complex.
Maybe they can sell the naming rights. Maybe call it 5th/3rd Complex or possibly the Great American Football field.(LOL).

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

if that thinking held out everywhere the 'shoe would have been history long a ago, the tank razed with the high school and putnam stadium gone instead of remodeled

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

History means old ,and run down...bring on the new pile of steel and bricks,and the ne modern restrooms,fildhouses, etc....our KIDS deserve it.

even though Spartan has "History" most people that like it are only people from the home town, all we heard from most visitors is how un safe ,and how they hated coming there.

even if it were to be fixed up, it would not be the same as a "new complex", so most of us wil take our new complex and be happy.

Return to “Football”