2012 Minford Falcon Football

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

2012 Minford Falcon Football

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

What do my fellow Falcon Fans think about next year?

Going by last years roster, there will be 12 Seniors and 20 Juniors so there is a lot of guys that have been around a while. There were also a good mix of younger guys that gained some good experience later in the season this past year. Some other young guys might be able to step in and contribute also by next year.

I think with the peices coming back the Falcons should have a good year. Of course it all starts in the weight room, right now. The work has to be put in starting now to win next year. Summer is too late to be committed to football.

I think Coach Daniels and his staff will have things back to the way they were before this past season. Minford should compete for the SOC II, and have a good shot at the playoffs again IMO.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: 2012 Minford Falcon Football

Post by Bleeding Red »

Agreed. Minford was a young team this year and arent losing many players to graduation. Gaines will be missed, but they will have a very good line and should have some really good skill players on the field next year.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Don`t know about that. One can only hope.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Anyone know the schedule yet?

I think the contracts with Meigs and maybe someone else are up. It will be interesting to see who Minford can pick up. I think the schedule is ok, but a tough early match-up would help the Falcons prepare for playoffs and SOC play. Of course there has to be a balance there as well.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

From what I have heard Minford will be playing Rock Hill game 1.......that means both must find another first scrimmage if true.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

We need to pick up The Grove Again. Good game, good gate.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

footballfan wrote:From what I have heard Minford will be playing Rock Hill game 1.......that means both must find another first scrimmage if true.
Will prob go back to scrimmage South Point, although they need to go back to Amanda ClearCreek !

Falconfever
Waterboy

Post by Falconfever »

This coaching staff will have them ready come august . There are some shoes to fill only a couple tho

Falconfever
Waterboy

Post by Falconfever »

There will be some shoes to fill but theres a lot of talent coming up and the weight room is full already

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

grove is open week 4. would like to see this game happen. was a very competitive series between 2 good football programs

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Ironton has slots to fill. I'd love to see Minford start playing them.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Playing Ironton would be a good idea but will never happen especially after the 2011 season. Minford needs to right the ship soon and playing Ironton will do nothing but sink the ship.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Blackjack wrote:Playing Ironton would be a good idea but will never happen especially after the 2011 season. Minford needs to right the ship soon and playing Ironton will do nothing but sink the ship.
I would agree to a point. If Minford gets back to what it was the 4 previous years for the next 4 years, it could be discussed. Maybe someday, but not right now.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Can't say I agree. In that 4 year stretch Minford would have competed with them. I mean, if Oak Hill can schedule them, so can Minford.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

FF - sure you can schedule them just like the Oaks, as long as you realize it will be a lost just like the Oaks will experience.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Oak Hill might come up a few oaks shy of a bushel against the Tigers. But, I just don't think the Minford-Ironton matchup would be that bad of a game. Even if Minford lost a close game to a good Tigers team, that would help them in the long run. A strong schedule might mean a couple more losses in the loss column but, I'd rather see a deep playoff run with not the best record as opposed to one and done with an unblemished record come playoff time.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

I agree with your logic FF but I just worry about the Falcon program over the next handful of years. I don't see a huge talent pool coming up from the ranks.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Absolutely they would have competed in those 4 years, maybe even won. But I think before you schedule the most successful program in this part of the state you need to know that you can compete every single year with them. We are still building in Falcon Land. Remember this is starting the 6th season for Coach Daniels, he is still tweaking things here and there to get them how he wants them.

When things are built to where you know you can compete every year, you schedule the big schools. Until then you need to stair step up. Last year of the first 5 games, one team had a winning record, the previous two years only two teams per year. Of course that is no ones fault, you make schedules in advance and talent goes up and down, but you can't jump from that to Ironton IMO.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Minford might as well make the jump sooner rather than later. I even hear Ironton might be down the next couple years. Minford already has arguably the most successful football program on the schedule from Scioto county in Wheelersburg. Who does Wheelersburg play every year for better or for worse? Yes, Ironton. Minford in the past several years has been very competitive with the Pirates. I want to see Minford and Ironton play. It's never happened and both schools are rather close. Not just in location but in size as well. Same region in the playoffs now. Maybe we will see it soon....

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Ironton will be an excellent team next year. I honestly do not know what they have coming up after though. Minford, imho, will be a very talented team for years to come. This year may be disappointing but coming up Minford will be very good.I've watched the current freshmen to 6th graders and every grade will complement each other. Honestly, Blackjack I do not know what you have seen but Minford's talent pool is anything but bare. I really wish Minford would at least entertain the thought of playing the Tigers but some things do not work out. I know we tried for Portsmouth but they wouldnt come to Minford to play.

Return to “Football”