Wheelersburg Pirates 2012

lebronjames
Waterboy

Wheelersburg Pirates 2012

Post by lebronjames »

Pirates come off a shocking 7-3 season for some. How will the 2012 team size up?
Last edited by lebronjames on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates 2012

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

So, they are going to be a period??

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

they will be in the mix for another conference title

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

With the experience the young players gained this year, they should be very solid next year. Sophomore Eddie Miller lead the team in all-purpose yards this year and will likely take over as the QB next year. There are several solid freshmen that will move up to varsity next year and also a very nice 8th grade class moving to high school next year. It's way too early to make any predictions, but the future looks very good!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I would rather see them leave Eddie Miller at wideout and make Austin May the QB. He has a decent arm and can run with the best of them. In the Freshman game against Portsmouth, they couldn't stop him running the ball. He also threw a couple of nice passes that were dropped. Give him two good receivers in Eddie Miller and Dylan Miller and he could put up some nice passing yards too.

Eddie proved that he can pretty much catch anything close to him. If he grows a little more, then that would make him ever more dangerous. Just throw it up and let him go get it.

Most of the O-line will be back, with a year of experience under there belt. If some of those boys hit the weightroom this summer, they could be tough.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

May at QB is quite possible too. Who do you think will be in the backfield next year? Cunningham, Claxon, Gifford, Hutchinson, McAlister?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I would like to see them to go to no RB and go 5 wide. They have two good receivers coming back in Eddie and Dylan Miller and anyone of those 5 boys you mentioned are more than capable of catching the ball. Out of that set, May can either throw the ball or run it, which he would be very dangerous at. With his speed on the new turf, he could rack up some nice yardage.

I watched 3 of the state final games and seen all kinds of different offenses. I liked the offense that Kirtland ran in that they had three RB's in the "I" and handed off to the FB the majority of the time, but had the option of handing off to a faster back or running the option with the QB. Burg could definetly run that offense.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I agree about the kirkland offense. would like to see the burg coaches give that a look. did you hear the anouncers compare their offense to whites offense at hilliard. 5 wide would put a lot of pressure on a soph qb.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

fbnut wrote:I agree about the kirkland offense. would like to see the burg coaches give that a look. did you hear the anouncers compare their offense to whites offense at hilliard. 5 wide would put a lot of pressure on a soph qb.

Yep. It is a very effective offense. A lot of different weapons to chose from.

I think Austin would be okay running a spread offense. Run it like Kenton did with Ben Mauk where they would send all the WR's on the flay and then the QB would just take off running with only having to beat one defender. 5 of them would be with the WR's, another 5 would be being bloced by the oline and that would only leave one man left. More than likely he is going down field with the WR's.

Burg will have the speed next year, just need to take advantage of it, especially on the turf.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

How about orange field turf?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

4th n Goal wrote:How about orange field turf?

Man, that would be nice but I bet the OHSAA has some kind of rule against colored turf.

Put a big Pirate head right in the middle of it with Wheelersburg in one endzone and Pirates in the other

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Is there going to be turf? Whats the update on the other contrsuction? Last I heard the BOE had refused all bids for the project.

As far as the team, to me wheelersburg is the team to beat in SOCII this year. Woodward took a team with ok talent and won 7 games. The experience those young guys got will make them very tough to beat this year. Depth is Key I think. They were thin last year but stayed healthy, are more guys going to be out next year?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

IRONFALCON wrote:Is there going to be turf? Whats the update on the other contrsuction? Last I heard the BOE had refused all bids for the project.
All of the bids were rejected, but are being rebid now. From what I have heard, this is not uncommon for a construction project. The construction bids for the new school were rejected 5 times or something like that before they were accepted and construction began. Yes, the turf is a separate project from the stadium, but will be happening at the same time.

The varsity roster should have more kids than last year. There were only 6 seniors and there were 21 freshmen that will be moving up to varsity. Also, the 8th grade class coming into high school has 20+ kids playing, so numbers should be up all around.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that would look sweet.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

What schedule changes are there for next season? Does the Jackson series start in '12 or '13?

Ironton
@Coal Grove?
Portsmouth
@Jackson?
Rock Hill?
Northwest
@Waverly
Minford
@Valley
@West

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If that is the schedule, that is a nice one. Glad to see them pick back up Coal Grove and Jackson. Those two games were always dogfights back in the day. Those first 4 games should be dandies.

Looking at that schedule and if Burg does get turf, they will be playing 7 out of the 10 games on turf, which should really benefit the speed they will have.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I was telling some of the guys I work with from the Burg a couple months ago they need to get a orange field.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

luvbigcats wrote:

I was telling some of the guys I work with from the Burg a couple months ago they need to get a orange field.
They could wear those all orange uniforms and be practically invisible.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:If that is the schedule, that is a nice one. Glad to see them pick back up Coal Grove and Jackson. Those two games were always dogfights back in the day. Those first 4 games should be dandies.

Looking at that schedule and if Burg does get turf, they will be playing 7 out of the 10 games on turf, which should really benefit the speed they will have.
Actually it would be 8 games on turf. Valley, Jackson and Coal Grove all have turf.

gobengals
Waterboy

Post by gobengals »

The 2013 game vs. Jackson is at Jackson. I'm assuming that means the 2012 game will be at Wheelersburg.

Return to “Football”