South Gallia 2009

honey roy palmer
Waterboy

Re: South Gallia 2009

Post by honey roy palmer »

My apologies to Coach Burleson and South Gallia. I meant no ill will towards him, his staff, and the school. He has done a very good job of establishing some tradition at South Gallia. I must have hit a nerve with some people. No one wants to read testimonials. South Gallia played a lot of young kids and I look for a big improvement from them next season.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

WOW!

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

The Rebels have one bad season out of the past four and everything seems to go down the drain. We will see a huge imoprovement next year for sure. Our team had around 30-35 players I would say and twenty of them were either a Freshman or a Sophomore. We will be okay.

I just look at it this way. Nobody was talking about us when we opened up and in the early 2000's and now alot of people talk about SG in a good way, and some bad. Atleast we are on the map now. That is somewhere that we did not used to be. Lets just say the next 1-3 years for SG will be a complete 360 from this year.

Marshall_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Marshall_Fan »

It amazes me how ADULTS get on here and act, and we wonder why our youth act the way they do...some of you should be ashamed!!!!!!!!

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Marshall_Fan wrote:It amazes me how ADULTS get on here and act, and we wonder why our youth act the way they do...some of you should be ashamed!!!!!!!!

What amazes me is that at least once a day someone gets on here and posts something like the above quote. I say, if you don't like what you read on this site, or this thread, don't read it. But the soap box sermon will continue to go unheaded, as usual. :twisted:

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

If the topic is about South Gallia, don't you think that South Gallia people are going to read it?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

lets talk about the kids,and the team...

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

What amazes me is that at least once a day someone gets on here and posts something like the above quote. I say, if you don't like what you read on this site, or this thread, don't read it. But the soap box sermon will continue to go unheaded, as usual.

I guess if youdont like getting on here and reading things people put on ourthread then stay off of it and go back to the ones on Trimble. It wasnt long ago you and some others was hijacking all of SG's threads and bashing us. I have to give it to you though, you seem to have stopped that. But if you dont like what is on our threads, than stay on Trimbles.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

What about Clyburn next year? He should be pretty good.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

What about Clyburn next year? He should be pretty good.

If he can stay healthy he should have a good senior year.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

post moved!!!
Last edited by madpolecat on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

KarlAgathon wrote:Are Patterson and Houchens planning on staying with the Blue Devil football team next season?

I'm assuming you posted this on wrong thread but I will ask anyway.... What do Patterson and Houchens have to do with SG football?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Yep, wrong thread...

Goofy one, am I...

:aaaaa30 :aaaaa30 :aaaaa30

jimmyjones
Waterboy

Post by jimmyjones »

Wrong Kool-Aid there Karl!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I thought maybe they were coming to coach SG so Burleson could take the GAHS coaching gig.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote:I thought maybe they were coming to coach SG so Burleson could take the GAHS coaching gig.

I really don't see Burleson taking the veer to GA and the fans up there being bored to sleep. Gone are the days of split back counter traps and play action out of the I in Gallipolis. They have moved on to the 21st century of football and have been making it work. Back to the topic though, I look for the Rebels to have at least a 7-3, maybe 8-2 season next year. They will be pretty good!!!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I really don't see Burleson taking the veer to GA and the fans up there being bored to sleep.

THE VEER IS NOT BORING!!!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

It was a joke. I do think Burleson is a fine coach.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Its not boring, when you are like Delphos St. Johns and Hilliard Davidson and mix in the pass with it when you need to and have the players to do it and score with it more times than not.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

mercerville monster wrote:
What amazes me is that at least once a day someone gets on here and posts something like the above quote. I say, if you don't like what you read on this site, or this thread, don't read it. But the soap box sermon will continue to go unheaded, as usual.

I guess if youdont like getting on here and reading things people put on ourthread then stay off of it and go back to the ones on Trimble. It wasnt long ago you and some others was hijacking all of SG's threads and bashing us. I have to give it to you though, you seem to have stopped that. But if you dont like what is on our threads, than stay on Trimbles.

Well first of all, I never wrote that I don't like what is posted on these threads. Just telling others the same thing you told me above.

Secondly, if a person is on here reading and understanding what they read, I have to assume they are at least HS age. I think they can handle anything I have read on here anyway. I haven't seen any personal attacks on any kids. As for the posts about a coach maybe leaving, the days of coaches staying at one school forever are mostly gone. So for any player or fan to think that most, if not all coaches are not at least interested in seeing what other jobs are out there are only kidding themselves IMO.

As for hijacking SG threads, nothing could be further from the truth. I simply responded to you folks who were ripping Trimble due to a post by a supposed Trimble fan. You are the ones who kept saying that you beat Trimble several years ago in basketball, and gave excuses why you wont play them in football.

IMO you people like bashing others, then go cry to the mods when someone gives it back. I will give you one thing, at least you have stopped talking about the one time you ever beat Trimble in anything.

If someone posts something about me or my team that I don't like, I simply either respond, or ignore it. In reality nothing posted on here should offend anyone IMO. It is mostly annymous people, (excepting a few like the Polcyns'), who are either trying to stir things up, or have an axe to grind but are afraid to do it in person.

As for me reading SG threads, and posting, I have every right to do so. So if you don't want me to read and comment about what you post, I suggest you use the PM venue. Have a good day, and a great season. Maybe you will get a chance to play us again in the tournament. :122245

Return to “Football”