HOW ABOUT THOSE LIBERTY UNION LIONS!!??!!

bigdaddyblitz
Riding the Bench

HOW ABOUT THOSE LIBERTY UNION LIONS!!??!!

Post by bigdaddyblitz »

The Lions held the Bishop Ready Knights to one field goal to win 13-3. What a show by the special teams. A blocked punt to make the score 7-0. Then, Tenant, the #2 field goal kicker in the central district kicked a 50 yarder and a 47 yarder.The number 1 kicker(Ready's kicker) was 1 for 2 and missed an easy one.Our defens played lights out.And to the Burg fans that thought you coulda beat us deep--- the Knights tried all night to go deep, with a Qb that could throw and still didn't get squat. This team can do it all. What a ride it's been. The community is so proud of these young men. Every week we're told that we 're lucky to be there "Ready will kill you" etc... but guess what?? we're still playing. On the "other" thread we had to hear the ready fans talk so much crap all week. Man it feels good, especially when a bunch of farm boys beat a private school. Next weeks gonna be even tougher, and Im sure no one will give us a chance, but no one has thought we'd be this far. DIVISION 5 REGION 19 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Playing in the FINAL 4

GO LIONS!!!!! LION PRIDE

A special thanks to the parents who made signs all the way out county rd13 to St rte 33 and even on I270. WOW this is fun!!!!

JoeGatto
JV Team

Re: HOW ABOUT THOSE LIBERTY UNION LIONS!!??!!

Post by JoeGatto »

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome game!!!! Way to go Lions! Keep rolling next week.
Hey bigdaddy, at least Nelsonville-York, Wheelersburg, and Bishop Ready can all say they got beat by the best in the region, the champion LU Lions! I hope they all root for the Lions to win it all. If the Lions were to get beat, I'd want the team that beat them to win it all.

GO LIONS!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bigdaddyblitz wrote:The Lions held the Bishop Ready Knights to one field goal to win 13-3. What a show by the special teams. A blocked punt to make the score 7-0. Then, Tenant, the #2 field goal kicker in the central district kicked a 50 yarder and a 47 yarder.The number 1 kicker(Ready's kicker) was 1 for 2 and missed an easy one.Our defens played lights out.And to the Burg fans that thought you coulda beat us deep--- the Knights tried all night to go deep, with a Qb that could throw and still didn't get squat. This team can do it all. What a ride it's been. The community is so proud of these young men. Every week we're told that we 're lucky to be there "Ready will kill you" etc... but guess what?? we're still playing. On the "other" thread we had to hear the ready fans talk so much crap all week. Man it feels good, especially when a bunch of farm boys beat a private school. Next weeks gonna be even tougher, and Im sure no one will give us a chance, but no one has thought we'd be this far. DIVISION 5 REGION 19 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Playing in the FINAL 4

GO LIONS!!!!! LION PRIDE

A special thanks to the parents who made signs all the way out county rd13 to St rte 33 and even on I270. WOW this is fun!!!!

Easy there fellow. If you remember Burg's TD was set up by a long pass as the Burg WR was way behind the DB. It was there all night for Burg, the QB just couldn't get it there for some reason or another.

Congrats and enjoy. You still have two games to go and it looks like LU will be matched up against Ursuline. A big task but a game that can be won by LU.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best of luck to you the rest of the way.

lionpride
Waterboy

Post by lionpride »

Maybe the Burg QB couldn't throw deep becasue he was under pressure most of the second half. He took a couple of hard shots and didn't seem to like it. LU made an adjustment at half time and shut down Burg passing in second half.

Ready was not effective passing tonight either. They had a couple of nice play calls that netted them some nice yards but overall neither team moved the ball tonight. Awesome goal line stand by LU to start the fourth quarter and hold Ready to a FG.

These boys are so tough becasue they play as a team and never give up. You never know who will step up and make plays. Great job tonight boys - keep on doing what you do and Bring It Home!!!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

way to go L.U!

enjoy the ride biggdady......

SittingBull
Waterboy

Post by SittingBull »

Congrats to The Lions from re-settled Valley Indian Warrior married to a Lady Lion basketball alum!!!

And if it matters,
I, also, was at the Burg-LU game, and the only REAL reason I saw that the deep pass was there for the Burg was because they had one or two recievers who were like 6'4 and 6'5.... Guy(s) that could obviously both out-run and out-position most DB's anywehere around here....

Regardless, Good Luck Lions, make us all here in Region 19 proud and keep it going...

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Congratulations to LU on this huge win tonight! I don't believe that many folks on this site expected you to win. Way to overcome!

Now, I'm a little disappointed in the NY followers, as they were paid a huge compliment in today's Columbus Dispatch, and not a one of you commented on it. Doesn't anyone read the newspaper (actually, a real newspaper!) anymore????

The Dispatch does a once-a-week feature, interviewing a H.S. athlete, throughout the entire school year. This week's interview, with Liberty Union's QB,
Andy Mix, contained the following excerpt from an interview with the Dispatch reporter. Here you go, Buckeye Fans:

Q: You had a close game in the first round of the playoffs, a 15-14 win at Nelsonville-York. What was that like?

A: I knew we had to steop it up a little bit. We didn't pass much going down the field for the last touchdown. We got good field position and ran it in. We were pretty excited, but we didn't push the celebration penalty. We were pretty tired on the bus ride home. That was the most physical game we played all year. We could hardly walk to the bus

I believe that this speaks volumes about the program that Coach Boston is building at NY. Can't say that I've seen a better compliment from an opposing player than one like this, at least this year!

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Andy Mix is a great kid with tremendous talent both on the field and in the classroom. He's getting a full ride (half academic and half athletic...baseball) to Toledo. I would expect nothing less than these comments from him. Actually all of the Lions have respect for the teams they have played along the way both in their league and in the playoffs. You get this far and you know it's going to be a battle week-in and week-out. NY, Wheelersburg, and Bishop Ready have been major tests for Liberty Union and hopefully these games have prepared them for what lies ahead in the state semi-finals.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

FR9 - No doubt that this is a kid who is very smart, and was raised the right way. I'm just happy to see LU move on to the quarter-finals, it is quite an accomplishment! And these kids just keep on winning with class, which is all that you can ask as a parent or supporter of the program. Good luck to LU!

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Steely Dan wrote:Congratulations to LU on this huge win tonight! I don't believe that many folks on this site expected you to win. Way to overcome!

Now, I'm a little disappointed in the NY followers, as they were paid a huge compliment in today's Columbus Dispatch, and not a one of you commented on it. Doesn't anyone read the newspaper (actually, a real newspaper!) anymore????

The Dispatch does a once-a-week feature, interviewing a H.S. athlete, throughout the entire school year. This week's interview, with Liberty Union's QB,
Andy Mix, contained the following excerpt from an interview with the Dispatch reporter. Here you go, Buckeye Fans:

Q: You had a close game in the first round of the playoffs, a 15-14 win at Nelsonville-York. What was that like?

A: I knew we had to steop it up a little bit. We didn't pass much going down the field for the last touchdown. We got good field position and ran it in. We were pretty excited, but we didn't push the celebration penalty. We were pretty tired on the bus ride home. That was the most physical game we played all year. We could hardly walk to the bus

I believe that this speaks volumes about the program that Coach Boston is building at NY. Can't say that I've seen a better compliment from an opposing player than one like this, at least this year!

That is quite a compliment, but in fairness to NY faithful and in reality most of SE Ohio, the only sport news I read in The Dispatch is about those other Buckeyes. There are not many mentions of this area and rightly so.

Congrats to LU.

bigdaddyblitz
Riding the Bench

Post by bigdaddyblitz »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
bigdaddyblitz wrote:The Lions held the Bishop Ready Knights to one field goal to win 13-3. What a show by the special teams. A blocked punt to make the score 7-0. Then, Tenant, the #2 field goal kicker in the central district kicked a 50 yarder and a 47 yarder.The number 1 kicker(Ready's kicker) was 1 for 2 and missed an easy one.Our defens played lights out.And to the Burg fans that thought you coulda beat us deep--- the Knights tried all night to go deep, with a Qb that could throw and still didn't get squat. This team can do it all. What a ride it's been. The community is so proud of these young men. Every week we're told that we 're lucky to be there "Ready will kill you" etc... but guess what?? we're still playing. On the "other" thread we had to hear the ready fans talk so much crap all week. Man it feels good, especially when a bunch of farm boys beat a private school. Next weeks gonna be even tougher, and Im sure no one will give us a chance, but no one has thought we'd be this far. DIVISION 5 REGION 19 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Playing in the FINAL 4

GO LIONS!!!!! LION PRIDE

Easy there fellow. If you remember Burg's TD was set up by a long pass as the Burg WR was way behind the DB. It was there all night for Burg, the QB just couldn't get it there for some reason or another.

Congrats and enjoy. You still have two games to go and it looks like LU will be matched up against Ursuline. A big task but a game that can be won by LU.

I know, Im talking about all the Burg posters that said,if Ready's QB could throw the deep ball, the Lions would go down

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

lionpride wrote:Maybe the Burg QB couldn't throw deep becasue he was under pressure most of the second half. He took a couple of hard shots and didn't seem to like it. LU made an adjustment at half time and shut down Burg passing in second half.

I am not from Wheelersburg, but they could not throw deep because their QB doesn't have the arm for it. He is a great runner and does a nice job hiding the ball but doesn't have the arm strength to throw deep. Keep in mind though he is a sophomore and Burg's QB#1 was out all year. I expect Lang will be QB1 next year.

That being said, congrats to LU on the win. I am surprised but very pleased to see you all beat Ready. With all the recruiting they do, I really thought Ready would be the team to beat in Region 19 and it is good to see them knocked off. I bet Ole JJ on the Puddle is not happy right now since they are one of his chosen teams. Good luck in the State Semis. You will have all of Region 19 pulling for you.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Good Luck!!!!

bucksbacker
Waterboy

Post by bucksbacker »

congrats lu on being regional champs from this buckeye

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Congrats to the Lions and good luck this week. I really like the style of football that you play, cram it down your throat and play tough, physical D. Love that old school football.

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

They get Youngstown Ursuline at New Philly in the state semis

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Steely Dan wrote:Congratulations to LU on this huge win tonight! I don't believe that many folks on this site expected you to win. Way to overcome!

WHAT DAY WAS IT IN ?

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

Congratulations LU keep up the hard work and fight for that STATE TITLE.

FROM BUCKEYE LAND

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Congratulations to the Liberty Union Lions on another nice win. Keep it going for a couple of more games.
Wheelersburg will be pulling for you. You have a very nice team.

GO LIONS !!!!!

Return to “Football”