hardest high school football hits ever seen?

sports87
Riding the Bench

hardest high school football hits ever seen?

Post by sports87 »

your opinion ?

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Re: hardest high school football hits ever seen?

Post by NICKNEVADA »

1990-DBRADFORD FROM EAST HIT BSTRICKLAND FROM NW, VERY NASTY!

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

Without a doubt the hardest hit I ever saw was in Wytheville, VA at a high school game. There was some bad blood between the to players that this happened to. The kid from Wytheville his girlfriend went to the other school and some of the players had given her a hard time and one had gotten personal with her. So during the game there was some issues. Wytheville had to punt to the other team and the kid from the other team was on the about the ten yardline as the punt came down, the kid who had gotten personal was the returner, the kid whose girlfriend was abused hit him at about chest level and drove right up through his helmet. The hit was so hard the returner's helmet flew off and landed in the endzone then rolled through the rest of the endzone across the 8 lane track and about 5 feet up a bank then rolled back down on the track. This was a distance of about 40-50 yards that the helmet went before it stopped. They transported the kid and treated him for whip lash and a concussion. The hit was very load.

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

dang purple I liked to see that. Now days wonder if its on youtube lol.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

When Matt Jenkins, for Wheelersburg, got blasted on a kick off return by a South Point Defender. I can't remember his name! Chris Smith's main receiver I believe!
I believe he got knocked out cold for a few.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I have seen a few...but the one right off hand is Wes Workman his junior year maybe when they played at Burg hit a kid and popped his helmet off. Also the hit from Howard from East this year against Notre Dame on a punt return.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Steve Fox from Fairland laid a guy named Howard from Ports East out in 1997 on a punt return!Anybody remember that?The guy was out cold!He hit him so hard that pieces flew out of the helmet! :122246

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

just_a_fan to many years ago for it to be on youtube, but it was with out a doubt the hardest hit I ever saw and I've seen, received, and given some hard hits.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

In my years of watching Jackson...Chris Daniels on special teams, Lee Adkins on special teams...Geoff Mathews at LB and the most consistent hard hitter Jackson has had IMO was Craig Cusack a middle-to small size LB from the great Ironmen teams of the mid 90's.

But the hardest hit I've see came in a regional semi playoff game between two teams that averaged 40+ points a game. Jackson vs Hillsboro. Johnny King of Jackson our super fast back was trying to get to th ecorner and was being led by Jackson's hardest hitter and part-time FB FB Craig Cusack.......out of nowhere 6'3 235 lb stud TJ Turner of Hillsboro blew through Cusack knocking him back into King for about a 5 yard loss. Turner was a man among men......he went on to start at Mich St as a frosh and made the critical stop on 4th and 1 in 1997 vs OSU to defeat the Buck 28-24......the #1 rated bucks...and then was drafted by the Patriots and was a special teams player and backup LB.......the Patriots had some young QB named Brady who took over for vet star Drew Bledsoe and they won the Super Bowl....unfortunatley Turner got into trouble and missed out on all the great runs of Brady and Co.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Ironman92,

I thought of the Turner play when I first read the thread title.

The weather was pretty terrible that night, but TJ Turner was unreal defensively for Hillsboro. Jackson was able to get the win, but Turner did everything he could to shut down that explosive Jackson offense. I wish Shannon Smith would have been able to play that night...would have loved to see the FB/LB collisions between he and Turner.

kylecompton21
Waterboy

Post by kylecompton21 »

Back in the 2000 season a guy named Brandon Colman for West hit a Northwest player on a punt return so hard that his ear pads came out with his helmet still on and strapped up. Thats the hardest hit ive seen. Zach Evans used to smash people pretty regularly back in '02 for the siders.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

Neutron Man wrote:When Matt Jenkins, for Wheelersburg, got blasted on a kick off return by a South Point Defender. I can't remember his name! Chris Smith's main receiver I believe!
I believe he got knocked out cold for a few.

Hmmm A receiver from SP knocked jacob cooper of northwest's ear piece 20 feet in the air once....But the one I think of was when Joe Shackart of northwest hit the valley QB in "04" when they were playin at valley it was crazy!

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

I remember a good one back in 2000 a Sr. WR I believe his last name was Dillon can't really recall his name now. I was in the 8th grade and was a water boy and the WR did a crack block and laid the dude out. They had to stop the game and take the kid to the ER (for safety reason).

And I have to blow my own horn my Sr. year in 04 on a punt return I laid a kid from River Valley out kid did a back flip. It sprung out return guy for a big return.

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

maybe not the biggest but this year athens vs nelsonville #27 robby glass blew up lead blocker #31,foreget the name,butt robby glass blew his world up and knocked his helmet clear off...huge hit
Last edited by bulldog0909 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

Another great hit hit was by my late friend Bobby Jenkins against Fairland our senior year. To set it up we were down late in the 4th quarter and had to punt. Bobby was at the right guard and I was at the left guard and Fairland didn't cover us so we were able to go as soon as we got our count out. As I'm running down the field I can see the punt returner eyes up waiting on the ball. I can also see what he doesn't Bobby about to blow him up. As the ball came down, Bobby came through the returner and the ball went flying headed for the sideline. I recovered it just before it went out of bounds. We then went down the field and scored to win the game. Bobby was one of the best players I ever played with and even though we never hung out he was always a friend.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I got three that I can think of.
#1. In 1993 Ironton played Fairland 1st round of the playoffs at Portsmouth. Jermon Jackson was running the ball and the big stud linebacker for Fairland Worm Leep had a bead on him. Out of nowhwere came a flying Wes Jackson. He layed a hit on Leep that knocked him off his feet. It was a devestating hit. It was awesome.
#2. In 1994 we were playing Olentangy at home. I think in the second quarter or maybe opening kickoff in the 2nd half I cant remember. Anyway Lenny Barrow took the kickoff and somebody forgot to block one of the outside guys for Olentangy. That guy basically got a 50 yard run at Lenny and he hit him like a truck. The guy never stopped running he jsut layed Lenny out and kept going. The ball popped out abut 20 feet in the air and another Olentangy guy caught it and scored. We had to carry Lenny off the field.
#3. When I was at Walsh we played Tri State University. They tried to run a little dump pass to the wide out. Our corner had it sniffed out and hit the guy as soon as he caught the ball. It was a perfect form tackle. He ran to thru and beyond the guy. To the recievers credit he held onto the ball, but he paid for it. You could here the hit all over the stadium. It knocked him out and later we found out it broke 3 of his ribs. It was one of the most vicious hits Ive ever seen.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I was hoping no one would bring that one up Tigercannon!I am sure Worm remembers that one!I saw him the other day actually! :lol: Ya he got hammered! :122246

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

1989, Week Ten, Kyger Creek at North Gallia.

North Gallia punts to KC; the KC returner, upon fielding the ball, starts toward his left, away from the called blocking wall.

After several yards, the KC returner reverses his field and breaks for the wall, which has been closing in to try and make blocks. The wall is moving toward the coverage at a sprint, and the lead man on the wall takes out the first NG coverage man at a dead sprint. Several other NG coverage men are de-cleated; you can actually here the KC cameraman counting the bodies (There's one; There's two, there's another).

The lead coverage guy for NG enjoys up with a broken jaw and a bad concussion. For several minutes he sits kneeling on the field in daze. Rumor has it that he was spitting up blood and teeth.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

I believe JT Conley's hit on Shawn Grimm during our game versus Johnson Central was really nasty...Grimm, who was a really hard runner at his RB position, had just intercepted our pass attempt and then was almost immediately decleated by JT causing him to fumble...which we recovered. Grimm kinda laid there dazed and confused and then finally got up and staggered off the field.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

1992, at the Coal Grove vs. Ironton scrimmage, Jermon Jackson was coming around the end and Brian Topping and I forget who else both took shots at him one at the legs and Topping took Jacksons head clean off, it was vicious.

Return to “Football”