Round 2 Ironton vs. New Lexington at JACKSON

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

jkumpiretriesagain
Waterboy

Round 2 Ironton vs. New Lexington at JACKSON

Post by jkumpiretriesagain »

I cannot wait for this one!

It ought to be a great matchup! Congrats to the Tigers on a big win over a tough Westfall Team, it sounds like that game was a real war.

Well Tiger fans, where do you think the game will be held?

My guesses: 1. Peden Stadium ????
2. Logan
3. Jackson
4. any convenient parking lot?

Let's get the talking started!!!!!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Playoffs- Week 12 D4 Region 15- Ironton vs. New Lexington

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Lancaster!!!

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

Should be a good one. In my opinion, this game should be at Jackson, probably the best high school stadium in Southern Ohio. Peden is nice, but it's still a college stadium and would be best fitted for a regional final or even a state semi.

100 percent
Waterboy

Post by 100 percent »

This will be the end of the road for the Ironton Tigers. New Lexington will be too much for those cats to handle.

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

New Lex....

8/22 A Fairfield Union (5-5) [3:12] W 31-6
8/29 H West Muskingum (4-6) [4:15] W 43-14
9/5 H Philo (3-7) [3:11] W 44-14
9/12 A Morgan (1-9) [3:11] W 68-7
9/19 H Maysville (0-10) [4:15] W 35-0
9/26 H Crooksville (6-4) [5:19] W 21-14
10/3 A Bishop Hartley (7-3) [4:15] W 7-3
10/10 H John Glenn (6-4) [3:11] W 28-3
10/17 A Tri-Valley (7-3) [2:7] W 19-7
10/24 A Sheridan (10-0) [3:12] L 0-7

Ironton....

8/22 A Wheelersburg (9-1) [5:19] L 22-23
8/29 H Our Lady of Mount Carmel (ON) (6-1) [1:0] W 54-6
9/5 H Gallia Academy (5-5) [4:15] W 42-6
9/12 H Ashland Blazer (KY) (6-3) [3:0] W 18-6
9/19 A Logan (10-0) [2:7] L 10-35
9/26 A Chillicothe (7-3) [3:12] L 9-17
10/3 H Jackson (5-5) [2:8] W 54-6
10/10 A Portsmouth (1-9) [4:15] W 37-6
10/17 A Nelsonville-York (8-2) [5:19] W 43-28
10/24 H Warren (4-6) [3:11] W 31-6

DAC10
Waterboy

Post by DAC10 »

Jackson would be nearly a hafway piont for each team. I agree it is an outstanding facility!

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Lancaster!!!
And I thought you were a nice guy :122247

I hope the game's at Jackson. Great facility and a nice easy drive up one of the best highways around (OK, I lied about that last part.)

I think New Lex is a better team than Westfall but the FIGHTING TIGERS will "show up" and we'll see what happens.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Re: Round 2 Playoffs: Ironton vs. New Lexington

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

As for the site, yes I'd like to see Jackson get it. Ironton comes up 93 and New Lexington goes down 93 and you meet in the middle.

Let me shed some light on this situation since I've written about the matter more the once.

In the past two years, Jackson — because the former AD did not apply the site as you are supposed to on an annual basis — was ineligible to host. Don't get me started on that subject.

However, Jackson — with Bob Kight as its athletic director now — applied before the year began and is indeed eligible to host this time around. Trust me, Jackson businesses are feeling better about that already.

Logan is an unlikely choice because they won and they will be playing on the same night as New Lexington and Ironton.

Last year, Peden Stadium did not apply to host, and I don't know if they have for this year or not. Also, OU is supposed to play at home on Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m., so does OU want to take the time (which would likely mean paying its employees overtime) and try to get the stadium ready for a Friday night game then turn around and clean up and get it ready for the Saturday OU game in the afternoon? Realistically, less than 15 hours to work with there on a Friday night/Saturday morning.

My guess is that Jackson will get it, and playoff football returns to Alumni Stadium after a two-year absence.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

gahs4ever....Your point is well taken and I know what you are talking about. But seeing as Jackson is eligible....again....finally....I would be quite surprised and even disappointed if it didn't get this game.

When I heard last year that Westfall-Waverly went to Teays Valley, I was stunned. Until it was discovered that Jackson's former AD did not apply the site as he was supposed to and then tried to grasp for straws for an explanation when I asked him point blank why we didn't get it.

Nothing against Teays Valley at all, but there was no excuse for that Westfall-Waverly game not to be played at Jackson.

However, the individual responsible for costing Jackson's local businesses a buck or two that night is.......to quote Ron White....in G-E-O-R-G-I-A.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Good luck Tigers from Ptown!

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

GO IRONTON TIGERS

Keep it going TIGERS take this one.

GOOD LUCK

FROM BUCKEYE LAND

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Hosscat, hope you can make this game :122249

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I'll be there! :lol: :twisted:

earp
S

Post by earp »

Lancaster?UGH! Fulton Field has been a "House of Horrors" for Ironton over the years! :122246

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

gahs4ever wrote:OHSAA has done the unthinkable on more than one occasion and logic doesnt always have anything to do with it. I seem to remember a few years back when Ironton was a #1 seed and had to go all the way to Zanesville to play Bellaire; not even in the same galaxy as a mid point.

Lancaster seems to be an OHSAA fav, and in years past we have had games at Hillsboro, Portsmouth, and Chillicothe in addition to Lancaster. One thing all of those fields have in common is a grass surface, and I would certainly hope that any rug would be better than any grass surface in week 12, but that's just me.

I don't know what Ironton has done to make people mad at OHSAA. I THINK it was the 99' state final run when Ironton played Germantown Valley View. If memory also serves correctly, Ironton was ranked higher. OHSAA promptly placed the game at Dayton .... 3+ hours for Ironton and only 20 minutes for VV.

Anyway, it would not surprise me one bit to see this game at Lancaster or Zanesville. Another possibility could be Groveport-Madison (I'm pretty sure they applied). As everyone has stated, Jackson would make the most sense.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

lancaster and groveport, would be a crime to send this game to either place. not even close to neutral. i am sure new lex wouldnt want to go to portsmouth or lucasville, or rock hill. jackson is far and away the best choice. i can live with athens but i dont know if the bobcats play at home on saturday. might not be able to get the stadium ready by sat. if they play there. i have been told that jackson has applied for a playoff game. which i would think would be common sense on their part. lets hope that where the ohsaa in all their wisdom send us.

earp
S

Post by earp »

The sites get announced tommorrow right?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson makes good sense....but is a tad easier drive for the Ironton team.....New Lex is about 15 more miles I think.As for a fair midpoint with maybe being a little closer to New Lex......I'm not sure there is one. Lancaster is nowhere near fair to Ironton and Athens and Logan don't make sense as keyser explained.

Before choosing the best site......they should wait on today's D5 outcomes as PWest or Burg might make more sense to play in Jackson. Jackson is the logical choice for week #13 if Burg or West wins in the first 2 rounds.

NLPanther
Waterboy

Post by NLPanther »

From googling every possibility, Jackson is almost twice the distance for New Lex. I don't know about the field or if they applied but the midway point would actually be in chillicothe.

Return to “Football”