Ironton Football Dot Com - Updates

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Ironton Football Dot Com - Updates

Post by kantuckyII »

First, it was mighty nasty shooting last night in the rain, so we done the best we could. A big thanks to Joe 'The Toe' Lutz for holding an umbrella over my head while I did. He took off before I got to say thanks..and no doubt to change his soaking wet shoes and socks. I hope he didn't catch a cold or anything, he's gotten mighty delicate over the years ;-)

Game photos from last night's game with Warren are on line

Also, our very own RiverRatRay has an interview with "The Voice Of The Tiger's" Jason Philyaw on IFC's new blog that is a nice read I think people will enjoy. Jason and Kevin are, in our opinion, in a league of their own doing broadcast. They make you feel like you're there. Check back often this week as there will be several articles added to the blog as Ironton prepares to host the Westfall Mustangs in their 26th Playoff Appearance!

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Re: Ironton Football Dot Com - Updates

Post by RiverRatRay »

I would like to thank Jason and Kevin for allowing me to do the article.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I've never listened to Jason call a game, but I have gotten the opportunity to work with him on a couple of projects the last couple of years and can say he is one of the best media guys around the area involved with high school football.

He joined me on my SEOAL Podcast last fall and made himself available each, and has also been a big help along with Paul Boggs of Jackson and a few others in tracking down individual stats to keep on SEOALfootball.com.

Keep up the good work Jason and everyone else that works with WIRO and of course the guys at Irontonfootball.com. Great work.

God luck to the Tigers in week 11 and beyond.

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

Thanks so much for the pictures! They are awesome! I appreciate you taking the time and your money to do this. I look forward to seeing these pictures every week and thank you for taking pictures of the team regardless of weather or distance. Thank you so much. :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

I love the new Ironton/Warren picture you have up on the front page. You do good work, even in the rain!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

a Top notch site. Really a great asset for the kids of Ironton.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Is there a newspaper site or a web site that will have the Warren v Ironton game stats? :?:

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Wa Irn

First downs 10 15

Rushes-yards 35-133 41-290

Passing yards 48 10

Total yards 181 300

Cmp-Att-Int 4-10-1 1-4-0

Fumbles-lost 5-2 2-2

Penalties-yards 2-10 1-5

Punts-average 3-28.0 2-35.5

—————

Individual Leaders

RUSHING–Warren: Andrew Dunfee 8-54, Seth Wellspring 13-50, Kaleb Wolfe 5-30, Kyle Pritt 3-11, Clay Ellenwood 6-minus 10. Ironton: Chance Freeman 13-106, Major Brice 7-94, Keith Wetzel 12-66, J.P. Taylor 2-17, Johnathon Schweickart 2-6, Tres Wilks 1-3, Ethan Preston 3-1, Courtney Lewis 1-minus 3.

PASSING–Warren: Clay Ellenwood 1-3-0 7, Justin Hilverding 3-7-1 41. Ironton: Johnathon Schweickart 1-4-0 10.

RECEIVING–Warren: Tyler Cox 2-22, Kyle Pritt 1-19, Eric Hoon 1-7. Ironton: Lucas Morris 1-10.

MISSED FIELD GOALS: None.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Tanks Everyone!

I got a new toy this evening, a new video camera. I'd love to see Bobby Vaughn come back and do it instead though. I don't know if I'll be up to snuff to record clips by Friday though as I have like 5 instructions manuals and they are like 600 pages or something total... :lol:

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

Well...now you've got me excited because every time I video tape the games, people stand up in front of me and I get the backs of their heads. I also have been known to film the bleachers and the sky whenever we are scoring because I start jumping up and down and forget I am filming. :oops: Remember, the big kid in the middle is mine. ;-)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Check Out IFC's Blog Section (Image) for some playoff trivia about Ironton's 60 playoff games. Also, still a very interesting article by our own RRR about 'The Voice Of The Tigers', Jason Philyaw and of course, Joe's 'The Sunday Quarterback'

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

I agree about Bob Vaughn coming back to shoot the games. That would be awesome. he always did a great job. If IFC had John Brown shooting the pictures and Bob Vaughn doing the video, that would be the bomb. How many kids can send video clips of themselves to aunts, uncles and grandparents all around the globe?

Dont know if Bob reads this site, but wish he would come back.

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

I loved reading the latest articles on the blog. Lots of good info on "Ironton and the Playoffs".

thesmokinglens
Freshman Team

Post by thesmokinglens »

So when you gonna' write for TSSP?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

thesmokinglens wrote:So when you gonna' write for TSSP?

He is under a binding contract with IFC. While, IFC cannot stop him from seeking employment elsewhere in the field of sport's journalism, IFC does have a contract that stipulates; within a five year period from the last article submitted to IFC, RiverRatZap agrees that if he should leave IFC and go to work for another sports website, any articles written by RRZ shall contain no prepositions or conjunctions.

PS, it's probably going to be Sunday before I get the Westfall photos online...not that it probably matters..there were like 200 people photographing the game last night

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

kantuckyII wrote:
thesmokinglens wrote:So when you gonna' write for TSSP?

He is under a binding contract with IFC. While, IFC cannot stop him from seeking employment elsewhere in the field of sport's journalism, IFC does have a contract that stipulates; within a five year period from the last article submitted to IFC, RiverRatZap agrees that if he should leave IFC and go to work for another sports website, any articles written by RRZ shall contain no prepositions or conjunctions.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm still free to use relative pronouns though. :shock:

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

Why didn't IFC get some photos of the TIGER faithful sitting in Tiger Alley from noon to gate opening?

You know you love Tiger Football when you sit 6 hours in line waiting for a game.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Tiger Man wrote:Why didn't IFC get some photos of the TIGER faithful sitting in Tiger Alley from noon to gate opening?

You know you love Tiger Football when you sit 6 hours in line waiting for a game.

I'd be afraid someone would have them committed if they had photo proof! Wouldn't you hate to try and chase them down with a straightjacket?

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

The pictures are awesome as usual. Thanks alot for all the work you do for these kids. :aaaaa41

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

I thought I saw Bobby Vaughn shooting some video friday night and maybe even Jim Ridgeway shooting some photos? Any chance of the clips coming back? That would be a tremendous asset to the website!!

Return to “Football”