Site Admin

WK 10 Wahama WV @ Athens

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

thirtytrap
Freshman Team

Re: WK 10 Wahama WV @ Athens

Post by thirtytrap »

I think that Wahmama is overestimating themselves on this one.

Athens 35 Wahmama 12

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

How many kids are at Wahama?

I thought they were a pretty small school in WV............. I'm suprised that Athens scheduled this game.

Anyway, doesn't matter...... Good luck Bulldogs.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I see two losses in a row for Wahama. Athens might provide a bigger beat down than Williamstown did this weekend.

What was Athens thinking? I'm thinking what was Wahama thinking????

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

Wahama is about the same size as Trimble .I see Ahens winning this game,but not by much.Don't judge this game by the Williamstown score as IMO Williamstown would beat any school in the TVC Ohio except possibly NY.I see Athens winning 21-14.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

The last time Trimble played wahama trimble run all over them then wahama didnt want to play the next year. :mrgreen:

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

DILLIGAF wrote:The last time Trimble played wahama trimble run all over them then wahama didnt want to play the next year. :mrgreen:

That was then. Don't think Wahama would back down from anybody. Sounds like both teams had an open night,an since it was a close drive,they schledule it.

Athens wins this one.

Buttermaker
Waterboy

Post by Buttermaker »

Wahama gets back to business this week....Loss to
Williamstown will make this team better.

Wahama 42
Athens 19

TroopSports
Freshman Team

Post by TroopSports »

This game can be heard on 970 WATH-AM in Athens.

Brian Boesch and Luke Florence with the call.

This game can be heard by clicking here: mms://132.235.236.177/WATH

Good luck to both teams.

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H
Riding the Bench

Post by THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H »

I think Wahama is very good small school football team but there is no way they can compete with a bigger school like Athens. Cameron Tope will run WILD!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I don't know anything about Athens this year, but I know that the folks in Mason will be doing everything they can to get ready to neuter the Bulldogs!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Interesting match up. Last year Wahama beat Federal Hocking and this year Federal Hocking beat Athens. Not sure how this will come out but do not be surprised by the team from the Bend Area. Then have a nice power running game out of the wing-t offense and do a fine job of throwing the ball also. They play a sound 44 defense and are well coached. Since everyone is talking about how Athens is going to dominate this game I will take this as my upset special. ;-)

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

bluetraveler wrote:Wahama is about the same size as Trimble .I see Ahens winning this game,but not by much.Don't judge this game by the Williamstown score as IMO Williamstown would beat any school in the TVC Ohio except possibly NY.I see Athens winning 21-14.

Belpre 14
Williamstown 7

Williamstown dropped Belpre after Belpre's win last year. Both Nelsonville and Meigs would have beaten Williamstown last year and this year. Maybe they need to play more Ohio schools to toughen them up for Wheeling Central who plays zero WV schools and beats Williamstown every year for the state title.

Athens beats Wahama.

FleaFlckr
Waterboy

Post by FleaFlckr »

Meigs beating Williamstown? No way, that game wouldn't even be close.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

So Belpre beating Williamstown last year justifies a D-3 School in Ohio playing a single A, (D-6), school in WV? Not sure how that makes sense. BTW, how many times has Belpre beaten Williamstown lately? As for the game, Athens should dominate the much smaller school. But that is why they play the game.

Waterboy

Post by 03040530 »

Wahama are you KIDDING me!!!!! a small D6 school when your the size of Athens... that is no way to build a program by beating up on smaller schools... that's a joke that this game is even scheduled. Then we will hear our great Athens is and how they are turning it around yet again. They have turned around so many times in the past 2 decades they are dizzy..

Ace Rutter
Riding the Bench

Post by Ace Rutter »

Will this game be played on Rutter field? If so, I hope the rutters win. Nothing wrong with a pack of rutters running around bust'en some heads in my opinion. So I say let the rutters run wild, and the game will take care of itself.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

03040530 wrote:Wahama are you KIDDING me!!!!! a small D6 school when your the size of Athens... that is no way to build a program by beating up on smaller schools... that's a joke that this game is even scheduled. Then we will hear our great Athens is and how they are turning it around yet again. They have turned around so many times in the past 2 decades they are dizzy..

Did anyone stop to think how hard it is to schedule week 10 non-league games? Most of Ohio is in a league and has league games week 10.

I know Athens had a game scheduled with Greenville scheduled that was canceled. That game would have had Athens traveling to the Indiana border. It would have been a 3 1/2 hour bus ride.

I doubt Wahama was Athens first choice, but it sure beats ending the season after 9 games. Athens needs all the practice and playing they can get.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Wahama would be a DIV VI school in Ohio

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

LoganLocos wrote:
03040530 wrote:Wahama are you KIDDING me!!!!! a small D6 school when your the size of Athens... that is no way to build a program by beating up on smaller schools... that's a joke that this game is even scheduled. Then we will hear our great Athens is and how they are turning it around yet again. They have turned around so many times in the past 2 decades they are dizzy..

Did anyone stop to think how hard it is to schedule week 10 non-league games? Most of Ohio is in a league and has league games week 10.

I know Athens had a game scheduled with Greenville scheduled that was canceled. That game would have had Athens traveling to the Indiana border. It would have been a 3 1/2 hour bus ride.

I doubt Wahama was Athens first choice, but it sure beats ending the season after 9 games. Athens needs all the practice and playing they can get.

Logan Locos....

Finally, a voice of reason, thank you!!!

TVC Ohio schools will no doubt find it hard every year to find non-conference games to schedule in weeks 5-10 as the TVC Ohio has an odd number of schools which means open dates when they should be playing in conference.

Playing 10 games as opposed to 9 is much better for a program.

The TVC Ohio needs to get off there lazy butts and add another large school to have an even number of teams and eliminate everybody's floating open week in the second half of the season. Most schools in southeastern Ohio cannot afford to hop on a bus and travel 3 plus hours for a game, let alone the parents and fans, just to keep the juvenile crybabys on web sites quite.

Return to “Football”