OVC

StonewallJackson89
Riding the Bench

OVC

Post by StonewallJackson89 »

Is the OVC the weakest conference around southeastern ohio?

bucking red
Varsity

Re: OVC

Post by bucking red »

It is still better than 90% of the conferences in WVA. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

No. SOC 1 or TVC - Hocking....

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I find it amazing that the OVC has one bad year and everyone throws this conference under the bus, no one thought we were bad last year when we had 3 teams fighting for playoff spots last year.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Who is this guy! :lol: Does he have some kind of a death wish?I actually do follow West Virginia football a bit and I have to agree with Red.Case in point in 1992,Buffalo Wayne finished 3rd in the OVC and won the state title in West Virginia,And they were just completly skull drug by Coal Grove that year 42-6.I saw a thread where you started a thread about Charleston WV football in the early 90's.I suggest you make a trip to Canton the first week of december and check some of those games out before you come into Ohio and start talking smack!The teams that win Divisions 5 and 6 in Ohio would probably wear out the #1 AAA team in West Virginia.So I would encourage somebody like say South Charleston to put say a Coldwater on the schedule. :lol: Oh ya by the way they are Division 4 and they beat the #8 team in the country to win the state title!Shoot Coldwaters conference schedule alone is like winning the state title.Oh but wait youre old school "Stonewall"was comparative in size to say Moeller or St.X so you would have had to scheduled them,Sorry Sparky but that wouldnt even be close! :lol:

StonewallJackson89
Riding the Bench

Post by StonewallJackson89 »

I am a former standout at Stonewall Jackson who won 2 state AAA championships, and went on to play football for Marshall for 4 years. I think I know a little about football. What do you mean do I have a death wish? You gonna kill me you f--k f-ce. The thread about Stonewall football was just to see if anyone was familiar with the football played in Chas WV in the late 80s, thats it. I have followed high school football in Ohio and WV for years and years. I have not talked any smack but I would say that Stonewall had about 500 students and we had 6 division 1A players from those teams. I know that those catholic schools recruit their kids and they are in a different league than WV teams but Lawrence County teams are not to be compared to teams in other parts of Ohio. I was just curious what people out there thought about the OVC compared to other conferences. You act like I trashed the OVC but you are wrong! If you are comparing Buffalo Wayne to Stonewall or Charleston High then you are completely off track. These Chas teams would have destroyed Buffalo Wayne...too much speed and quickness and size. If you want to be friends and chat then lets chat but when you say I have some stupid crap like "Does he have some kind of a death wish?" then you are way out of line.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

StonewallJackson89 wrote:Is the OVC the weakest conference around southeastern ohio?

In a word, No.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

StonewallJackson89 wrote:I am a former standout at Stonewall Jackson who won 2 state AAA championships, and went on to play football for Marshall for 4 years. I think I know a little about football. What do you mean do I have a death wish? You gonna kill me you f--k f-ce. The thread about Stonewall football was just to see if anyone was familiar with the football played in Chas WV in the late 80s, thats it. I have followed high school football in Ohio and WV for years and years. I have not talked any smack but I would say that Stonewall had about 500 students and we had 6 division 1A players from those teams. I know that those catholic schools recruit their kids and they are in a different league than WV teams but Lawrence County teams are not to be compared to teams in other parts of Ohio. I was just curious what people out there thought about the OVC compared to other conferences. You act like I trashed the OVC but you are wrong! If you are comparing Buffalo Wayne to Stonewall or Charleston High then you are completely off track. These Chas teams would have destroyed Buffalo Wayne...too much speed and quickness and size. If you want to be friends and chat then lets chat but when you say I have some stupid crap like "Does he have some kind of a death wish?" then you are way out of line.

Hope you've enjoyed your stay because with posts like that you won't be around long.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Stonewall if I remember right a Lawrence Co school beat your big school champion 2 years in a row and they even had Randy Moss.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Okay Okay!I get a little fired up when people talk bad about Ohio football I admit it!I dont mean anything by it we are cool.Might want to explain yourself a bit next time though.Im cool! ;-) I am like the Coal Grove guys though,I get tired of hearing comments about the OVC being so bad!I think the thing is this year everybody amped up their schedules and everyone has kinda taken their lumps this year.Hell if you played for the Herd let me buy ya a beverage! :mrgreen: Do you live in Huntington?No hard feelings man I get a little fired up,Sorry I called ya Sparky! :lol: I think Red does make a good point though,Ironton just pounded Dupont with Randy Moss on the team though!I think I remember Wheelersburg beating Huntington East one year too pretty bad when one of the Zbans played for East.Granted those are not OVC teams but they are Southern Ohio and they are definetly not big schools!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Wheelersburg destroyed Huntington East 2 or 3 years in a row when East was ranked #1 in W Va and they had Zban as the QB.

W Va football just doesn't compare to Ohio football.

earp
S

Post by earp »

And the one year weren't they the #1 AAA team in West Virginia?And wasnt the score like 49-7?And I believe there were only 5 divisions in Ohio then and Burg was D-5 is that correct?Stonewall explained to me what he was saying though.I just see "The OVC sucks!" and I gotta a bit bent! :lol: We have exchanged bad names now with each other and hopefully this thread doesnt get shut down.Thanks for everyone in Southern Ohio having my back though. ;-)
Last edited by earp on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

thesmokinglens
Freshman Team

Post by thesmokinglens »

With the exception of Wayne recently... they pretty much have owned over here lately... you know... equally matched and all... I wouldn't say play them against Massillon or anything... but you get what I'm saying.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I dont know Massillon is having a rough year I hear! 8)

hornet15
Freshman Team

Post by hornet15 »

2trap_4ever wrote:I find it amazing that the OVC has one bad year and everyone throws this conference under the bus, no one thought we were bad last year when we had 3 teams fighting for playoff spots last year.

AMEN...

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

earp wrote:Who is this guy! :lol: Does he have some kind of a death wish?I actually do follow West Virginia football a bit and I have to agree with Red.Case in point in 1992,Buffalo Wayne finished 3rd in the OVC and won the state title in West Virginia,And they were just completly skull drug by Coal Grove that year 42-6.I saw a thread where you started a thread about Charleston WV football in the early 90's.I suggest you make a trip to Canton the first week of december and check some of those games out before you come into Ohio and start talking smack!The teams that win Divisions 5 and 6 in Ohio would probably wear out the #1 AAA team in West Virginia.So I would encourage somebody like say South Charleston to put say a Coldwater on the schedule. :lol: Oh ya by the way they are Division 4 and they beat the #8 team in the country to win the state title!Shoot Coldwaters conference schedule alone is like winning the state title.Oh but wait youre old school "Stonewall"was comparative in size to say Moeller or St.X so you would have had to scheduled them,Sorry Sparky but that wouldnt even be close! :lol:

I was on that Coal Grove team and once we beat them we were hoping that Buffalo went on to win their state championship, just so we could say we beat the best West Virginia had to offer.

and earp thats funn South Charleston vs. Coldwater, those boys from South Charleston wouldn't know what hit them.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I think the OVC and the TVC -Ohio are very comparable. In my opinion neither league is at the bottom ,but can see it. :!:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

From the looks of the combined records of the local conferences the OVC is the worst this season at 13 games below .500 and only one team with a winning record and the SOC II is the best at 14 games above .500

OVC
Coal Grove 4-3, 2-0
Fairland 2-4, 2-0
Chesapeake 3-4, 1-1
South Point 3-4, 1-1
River Valley 2-5, 0-2
Rock Hill 0-7, 0-2
Combined 14-27

SEOAL
Logan 7-0, 3-0
Chillicothe 5-2, 4-0
Gallia Academy 4-3, 2-2
Jackson 5-2, 2-2
Ironton 4-3, 2-2
Marietta 2-5, 1-2
Zanesville 2-5, 1-2
Warren 4-3, 1-2
Portsmouth 1-6, 0-4
Combined 34-24

SOC1
East 6-1 2-0
Symmes Valley 4-3 1-1
Oak Hill 4-3 1-1
Notre Dame 4-3 0-1
Green 2-4 0-1
Combined 20-14

SOC2
West 7-0, 2-0
Wheelersburg 7-0, 2-0
Minford 6-1, 1-1
Valley 4-3, 1-1
Waverly 3-4, 0-2
Northwest 1-6, 0-2
Combined 28-14

SVC
Westfall 5-2, 4-0
Zane Trace 4-3, 3-1
Piketon 4-3, 3-1
Adena 4-3, 2-2
Paint Valley 5-2, 2-2
Huntington 1-6, 1-3
Southeastern 2-5, 1-3
Unioto 0-7, 0-4
Combined 21-31

TVC-Hocking
Federal Hocking 5-2, 2-0
Trimble 5-2, 2-0
Waterford 3-4,1-1
Southern 3-4, 1-1
Eastern 2-5, 0-2
Miller 1-6, 0-2
Combined 20-23

TVC-Ohio
Nelsonville-York 6-1, 4-0
Wellston 3-4, 3-1
Meigs 5-2, 2-1
Belpre 2-5, 1-2
Athens 2-5, 2-2
Alexander 3-4, 0-3
Vinton County 1-6, 0-3
Combined 22-27

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Good work burg77.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Coal Grove or South Point WOULD BEAT (not could, should, or might) half the teams on that list.

Return to “Football”