#8 Coal Grove (6-3) @ #1 Lucasville Valley (10-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

coop
SEOPS

#8 Coal Grove (6-3) @ #1 Lucasville Valley (10-0)

Post by coop »

Grove gets in the #8 slot, and will make a return trip to Lucasville to take on the Indians. Valley defeated Coal Grove 34-18 back in week 3.

Thoughts?

Railroadn
JV Team

Re: #8 Coal Grove (6-3) @ #1 Lucasville Valley (10-0)

Post by Railroadn »

After watching the Valley-Minford game I definitely give Coal Grove a chance in this one. If the hornets play their best ball and Valley plays like they did Friday night then CG pulls off the upset!!!

coachdad20
Waterboy

Post by coachdad20 »

The Grove can pull off a big upset if they continue to give 100% and WRAP UP. Shoulder tackles wont work against this team. Good luck to both team....
LETS KICK SOME BUTT HORNETS

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Valley's defense is playing the best of any in Southern Ohio right now. I think the Indians shut out Coal Grove, though the game will be close until the end.

Valley 21
Coal Grove 0

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Im not taking ANYTHING away from Coal Grove, but for anyone who watched Valley and Minford....you need to understand that Minford is a heck of a football team, playing at home in week 11.

For Valley to hold Wheelersburg AND Minford to a combined 7 points says a lot about this defense. Im sure the Hornets are much better than they were in week 3, but so is Valley.

Ichthus
Waterboy

Post by Ichthus »

BOTH teams are showing MUCH improvement but if the Valley "D" can get after the great athlete Colegrove has at quarteback and disrupt the offense it could be a repeat of earlier this season. ALSO Valley will be coming into this game HEALTHY with EVERYONE on the field ready for PLAYOFF football! Praying for a safe, clean, injury free game!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Please don't jinx us. Valley plays alot better when you bet against them. LOL

Ichthus
Waterboy

Post by Ichthus »

nutronron2012 wrote:Please don't jinx us. Valley plays alot better when you bet against them. LOL
AMEN!!!!!!! :122245

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

R0Y MUNSON wrote:Scoot over Chicken Coop and Jesco White Roy Munson has jumped on the Valley bandwagon. Take this game to the house Valley Indians, Coal Grove is nothing more than a formality.
How about you change your location and MAYBE we can talk :lol:

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

No such thing as an easy game in the playoffs. This game won't be taken lightly. I'm looking for another close one in Lucasville.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

R0Y MUNSON wrote:Scoot over Chicken Coop and Jesco White Roy Munson has jumped on the Valley bandwagon. Take this game to the house Valley Indians, Coal Grove is nothing more than a formality.
This still wont stop you from saying something stupid...... :lol:

HDRider70
Riding the Bench

Post by HDRider70 »

Go Big Grove!!!!!

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

RAILROADN wrote:After watching the Valley-Minford game I definitely give Coal Grove a chance in this one. If the hornets play their best ball and Valley plays like they did Friday night then CG pulls off the upset!!!
The Minford vs Valley game, Valley was missing a couple very good starters that night due to some illnesses that would have lead to a much different outcome! :mrgreen: With that being said, with their return to the lineup coming Saturday nite I see the Indians running at full strenght and "FULL STEAM AHEAD"!!!!! ROLL TRIBE.......... :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

N4da'score wrote:
RAILROADN wrote:After watching the Valley-Minford game I definitely give Coal Grove a chance in this one. If the hornets play their best ball and Valley plays like they did Friday night then CG pulls off the upset!!!
The Minford vs Valley game, Valley was missing a couple very good starters that night due to some illnesses that would have lead to a much different outcome! :mrgreen: With that being said, with their return to the lineup coming Saturday nite I see the Indians running at full strenght and "FULL STEAM AHEAD"!!!!! ROLL TRIBE.......... :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59
That is wonderful news. I figured they would be back this week, just didnt want to draw attention to it.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

People are reading WAY to much into the 35-7 Burg loss. Minford is a very good football team, and a legit contender for the region 15 championship. Valley rolls in this one.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

valley by 21

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Like to see the Grove hand it to Valley but this will be bigger than last score.Valley by as much as they want.

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

I was at the week 3 game between these two teams.CG had 3-4 turnovers that game i think 2 pick 6's and got beat by 18 pts if im not mistaking. These are two are both very talented teams and the team who wins the turnover battle and makes the least amount of mistakes will win this game just like the prior meeting. Valley is an extremely talented team but i also think the Hornets are much better than just a #8 seed that snuck and yes they snuck into the playoffs. Valley will see a different CG team in the line. It took a while for this young offensive line find themselves and gell as a group. Not gonna make a prediction just cant wait to watch the game. GO GROVE

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

bRuIsEr wrote:I was at the week 3 game between these two teams.CG had 3-4 turnovers that game i think 2 pick 6's and got beat by 18 pts if im not mistaking. These are two are both very talented teams and the team who wins the turnover battle and makes the least amount of mistakes will win this game just like the prior meeting. Valley is an extremely talented team but i also think the Hornets are much better than just a #8 seed that snuck and yes they snuck into the playoffs. Valley will see a different CG team in the line. It took a while for this young offensive line find themselves and gell as a group. Not gonna make a prediction just cant wait to watch the game. GO GROVE
I agree about Coal Grove being better than their record. They lost to 3 very good teams. But Valley is much better than they were in week 3. Bare took a beating in that game and this one has the potential to even be worse for him. Valleys defense is just now starting to peak and are very hard on opposing offenses and QBs. Look for a more aggressive defense than what was seen in week 3. Valley players now know and understand what they have unlike week 3 when they were just trying to get a feel for an identity.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

The Groves line has truly improved as the year has gone on and I do believe they are just now hitting their stride. Now, am I going to come on here and say we will beat Valley,,,,no,,,,but I will say that this game has the makings of being a really close game, it will all depend on turnovers and how the Grove's offense is run. If the Grove comes in with the same gameplan that they had in week three which was to throw the ball all over the place then the same results will most likely happen. Now, if the Grove keeps doing what they have been doing which is playing Coal Grove football, clock controlling running game then this game has the chance of being close. A high powered offense can't score if it is on the sidelines.

Now, one other thing I must say because I cannot hold it in any more. This is to all the people who call the OVC the worst conference in high school football, Coal Grove made the playoffs by basically winning their conference games, which means those same teams had to beat someone to give us the points to get in, so if a conference is that bad their conference champ probably shouldn't have made the playoffs, I believe the OVC is better than some people give it credit for. Are we the best,,,,no,,,,,but the potential is their and it will show itself in due time.

Return to “Football”