WK 7 Jackson (5-1, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-3, 1-2)

ironman02
SEOP

WK 7 Jackson (5-1, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-3, 1-2)

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson will travel to Ironton for their last road trip of the season next Friday night to take on the Fighting Tigers. The Ironmen recovered from their only loss of the season in Week 5 against GAHS by winning a wild game at Marietta. Ironton lost to a very good Chillicothe football team and is carrying a rare two game losing streak into this game.

Both teams love to run the football so I'm expecting a classic smashmouth football game at Tanks Memorial Stadium. It's extremely tough to win at Ironton, so Jackson must put together a great effort on both sides of the ball to beat an Ironton squad who is better than their 3-3 record, having lost to three of the area's best football teams. This game has huge SEOAL title and playoff implications...a must win for both teams.

Let's hear what everyone has to say about this matchup.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Re: Week 7: Jackson (5-1, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-3, 1-2)

Post by loyaldevilfan »

I say good luck to both teams....I would REALLY like to watch this one....I am not sure which way I am going to go on this one yet....I have seen Jackson lose games they should when and then turn around and win games nobody gives them a chance in.....

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I am going and try to make this one. Listening to last game on the radio made me a nervous wreck. Hope all of our players are healthy and ready to go! Go Ironmen!

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

^^^^^^I know what you mean....You tend to start pacing, getting up and sitting down...LOL

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson does seem to play to the level of their competition sometimes. That inconsistency can really bite you, and it certainly has. The Ironmen also do seem to rise to the occasion when they're an underdog. Ironton may not have a better record, but they've played some tough football teams. That, coupled with the fact that this game is at the Tank, will probably make Jackson a decided underdog. Hopefully they play with a chip on their shoulder, much like the game against Ironton in 2005.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

ocho stinko wrote:I am going and try to make this one. Listening to last game on the radio made me a nervous wreck. Hope all of our players are healthy and ready to go! Go Ironmen!

I'm a nervous wreck when Jackson's playing no matter what, but I do agree. Not being able to see what's going on makes it even worse.

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

ironton is gunna be hungry this week

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I'd love to see the Tigers get this one. Ironton is still in a position to get a first round home playoff game. If they can stop shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and not use so much ice, I believe that Ironton will do just that.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantuckyII wrote:I'd love to see the Tigers get this one. Ironton is still in a position to get a first round home playoff game. If they can stop shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and not use so much ice, I believe that Ironton will do just that.

:122246 :?:

wolfmannum8
Waterboy

Post by wolfmannum8 »

This should be a great game. I know that the Ironmen will be ready for this one!! I also expect to see a lot of running in this game. Hopefully the Ironmen can get some big stops on defense and get Huff, Arthur, and company going!! Go Red!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Great SEOAL match-up at the TANK. I am going with the Ironton Fighting Tigers in this one.

Good luck to both programs.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

kantuckyII wrote:I'd love to see the Tigers get this one. Ironton is still in a position to get a first round home playoff game. If they can stop shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and not use so much ice, I believe that Ironton will do just that.
The talk of playoffs reminds me of Coach Mora talking about PLAYOFFS.

Ironton needs to forget about the playoffs and just play one game at a time. Right now the way they are playing even if they make it to the playoff's they will be one and done. Besides the Tank is not what it use to be because other teams now think they have a chance to win not like in the past.

callmespidy
Waterboy

Post by callmespidy »

Friday wetzel got hurt any updates.. I hope its not a season ending injury.. That would be hurtful.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WIth ZERO disrespect meant towards Ironton IMO this is Jackson's best chance to win in the final 4 weeks.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Should be a great, old fashioned SEOAL match-up.

Both of these teams are going to come out looking to bust each other in the mouth. I'm having fun watching Logan this year, but missing watch the big uglies pushing each other around. I would LOVE to see this match-up.

Have to give Ironton the edge playing at home, especially coming off two straight losses, but as ironman02 says, the Ironmen tend to "play to the level of their competition" and also usually play their best games when their back are against the wall.

Two good lines, two great running backs, and two solid defenses. Wishing good health to both teams.

littlehornetsfan1214
JV Team

Post by littlehornetsfan1214 »

this should be a great game good luck to both teams

Ironton 28
Jackson 17
Ironton scoring late to make it 28

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Ironton takes this one.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

This game here makes or breaks the season for Ironton. This is a huge gut check time for these guys. If Ironton can do the basics block, tackle, and most importantly HOLD ONTO THE BALL! I believe they can win. Hopefully the last two weeks have been enough of a slap in the face for them to get fired up and they will come out ready to play. If they come out like the last couple weeks then they will be in trouble.

someoverkill
JV Team

Re: WK 7 Jackson (5-1, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-3, 1-2)

Post by someoverkill »

Since Ironton fans are always accused of living in the past, "Let's make a movie."

Ironton wins big in this homecoming clash. Congratulations to al Homecoming court. I hope this is a special night for all the Fighting Tigers!

boilermaker
SE

Re: WK 7 Jackson (5-1, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-3, 1-2)

Post by boilermaker »

This will be a flash back game .It will be a fun game to watch . I will have to go with the home team here ,but never count the Ironmen out. They always win a game that most think they wont. Good Luck & Good Health to both schools.

Return to “Football”