Site Admin

WK 7 Fairland @ River Valley

Post by mattash »

thoughts?

earp
S

Re: WK 7 Fairland @ River Valley

Post by earp »

If the offense plays like it did last week it wont be close.Dragons just have to continue to not put it on the ground! ;-) I just cant see this being close if we play to our potential,Just too many athletes for RV!But like I said it depends on which Fairland team shows up,Its been like Jekyll and hyde this year! :shock:

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

This could be a very close game.

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Post by highlightreel25 »

Are you serious??? this game will not be close at all. Fairland will dominate from start to finish. Like earp said there are way to many atheletes for river valley to keep up with. River valley has a good running back but thats all. Fairland will come away with the win 48-14!!!!!1

GO DRAGONS!!!!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

highlightreel25 wrote: Like earp said there are way to many atheletes for river valley to keep up with. River valley has a good running back but thats all. Fairland will come away with the win 48-14!!!!!1

Haha! A good running back and that's it? Have you ever even seen River Valley play in your life? River Valley is very balanced on offense as far as rushes to passes ratio goes. To essentially call them a one-man-team doesn't make sense. In case you haven't noticed, Fairland hasn't exactly had the best defense in the OVC the past few years. As a matter of fact, I'd say that over the past 5 years, Fairland's had the 2nd-worst defense in the OVC. River Valley's strategy isn't to out-athlete you, it's to spread you out and make you guess what's coming.
I'm calling for a game that will be a bit tighter than the F-land/R. Hill game.

Fairland 40

River Valley 27

earp
S

Post by earp »

At times we have shown up on defense this year.But it seems to be getting more consistent as the year goes on.I will say again I just dont think they can guard all of our athletes.I think the only team in the conference that can is South Point. ;-)And agree with you Fuzz,Our defense has been really bad at times over the last 5 years. :shock: I think they are coming around though! ;-)

d2dragon
Riding the Bench

Post by d2dragon »

the defense is getting a little unwarranted criticism. sure it has not been the best around over the years but they have not been bad this year. the 48-25 score at Rock Hill does not tell it all on either side. RH 1st score the drive began at the 3 yd line because of a fumble by the offense. Another RH score was set up off a fumble. Fairland benefited off turnovers as well and ran back 2 TD's on kick returns. We have the speed to return kicks and punts each time we are capable of that. 41 had a few nice runs (maybe 40 yds? for TD) in which he broke tackles and is always capable of that. Player of the game may have been 27 he caught 2 great passes and usually when he does no one will catch him. Fairland has talent, speed and decent size, when the WHOLE team plays and stays healthy they CAN beat anyone including the 4 teams that beat them. Play like you want it, give it all you got, stay on the field, win the turnover battle, and the Dragons will win the conference. Getting back to the reason I posted, the defense is not that bad this year when the offense doesn't cough up the ball. Three fumbles v RH (lost 2) doesn't win the big games. Running backs hold on to the ball. No 5 is the best QB in the conference but can't throw INT's in the big games (by the way the QB from RH was VERY impressive for a freshman).

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Just remember that Fairland was playing an 0-6 Rock Hill team that hadn't scored more than 13 points in any game this year before Friday. I'm just suggesting that Fairland be humble and step up and prove they can bring quality defense against the better teams in the OVC.
Hatfield is the best QB in the OVC - no one in their right mind would debate that. Yep, Fairland has some pretty good athletes; we hear the same thing every year. No one's debating that either.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Fuzz I think our depth really hurts us sometimes too.And I certainly didnt criticize the defense here.I said they were getting better and are starting to improve! ;-)Oh and how does everyone like my new pic I took of myself! :lol:

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Post by highlightreel25 »

Actually i have seen river valley play fuzz, I played against them the last 2 seasons and they didnt impress me at all. We plain and simple dominated them from start to finish both times. Fairland is the better team and no one would debate that either. im sticking with 48-14 dragons.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

This should be a good game..River Valleys passing game isn't bad this year if Curnutte can get it going...Good Luck to both teams....

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Fairland has lost to Meigs (4-2), West (6-0), Tolsia (3-2), and Sheldon Clark (5-0). These seem to be decent teams to me.

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

Thank you Booger for that brilliant response...man I wish I knew as much football as you do! WOW

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Again it is easy to hide behind made up names on a computer forum. Basically everyone knows who I am. And like it or not, I am fairly accurate in what I say.

Knowbody
Waterboy

Post by Knowbody »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ladies and Gentlemen, above me you see today's winner of the Ricky Vaughn completely senseless and rude post award.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

KNOWBODY wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ladies and Gentlemen, above me you see today's winner of the Ricky Vaughn completely senseless and rude post award.

Did somebody sign on with the wrong alter ego?

:122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246

earp
S

Post by earp »

:aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 I am waving the surrender flag Clayton!
Last edited by earp on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I am sorry. I didn't know it was kindergarten class. I don't know how many times I have said it, but we are talking about football. It is not all fingerpainting, butterflies and rainbows.

Thanks there Earp!
Last edited by boogerred on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

But I loved kindergarten!!!!

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

Hey Earp will I need to bring a case of pepsi to this game for Red?????

Return to “Football”