Wk 7 - Gallia Academy (4-2) (2-1) @ Chillicothe (4-2) (3-0)

Army
S

Wk 7 - Gallia Academy (4-2) (2-1) @ Chillicothe (4-2) (3-0)

Post by Army »

Here we go again. Another game between our Cavaliers from the banks of the Scioto River against our SEOAL Friends from down on the Ohio River whose school resides in that famous Old French City, Gallipolis. Should be another great game between these two SEOAL teams on Hernnstein Field in Chillicothe this upcoming Friday.

The series is all tied up beginning in 1932 as WBEX has it, in it's history.

3-3-0
2007 Chillicothe 17 Gallia Academy 14
2006 Chillicothe 38 Gallia Academy 33
2005 Gallipolis 17 Chillicothe 0
2004 Chillicothe 17 Gallia Academy 0
1976 Gallia Academy 8 Chillicothe 7
1932 Gallia Academy 14 Chillicothe 2

Good Luck Blue Devils. May the game be an injury-free one and one that is filled with excitement and great sportsmanship portrayed by both teams.

One game at a time CAVS :!:

GO CAVS :!: :-D

ravens
Waterboy

Re: Gallia Academy @ Chillicothe

Post by ravens »

Well here we go with week 7 of the season.The Cavs are 4-2 on the season playing real good.The defense is the heart of this team,with out defense you can't win ball games.The offense needs to step up some more and start scoring some points.Only 10 points on offense last night,with the special teams scoring a touchdown on a kickoff return.It seems that our offense is Dr.Jekyll or Mr.Hyde you never know which one will show up.Is it the soft side of the O-line or the fierce blocking side of the O-line.While sitting up in the stands watching are running back it seemed liked the ball carrier was running a little soft until they put number 24 in the game.Then finally in the 4th QT our ball carrier decided to run hard.To the Defensive cordinator hats off to you coach and to the rest of you coaches.Keep up the good work,one step at a time in the SEOAL hard work pays off at the end.You know what they say Defense wins Champioships.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Gallia Academy (4-2) (2-1) @ Chillicothe (4-2) (3-0)

Post by trojandave »

I have seen both teams play, and I think that Chillicothe will win this game. The Cavaliers appear to be headed toward a showdown with Logan in week 10 which could be for the SEOAL title. CHS needs to keep winning for their playoff hopes. Gallia Academy is a scrappy club, whose defense shut out Portsmouth......but I really don't think the Blue Devils have enough offense to beat the Cavaliers.

Army
S

Post by Army »

ravens,

This should be another great game. This series usually has been over the past few years. What a game here at the Hernnstein in 2006. Then last years game down at the old FRENCH CITY.

Good Luck to both respected schools.

Last edited by Army on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I haven't paid much attention to the computer standings but I didn't realize that GAHS was also 4-2 like Chillicothe........so the Blue Devils still have playoff hopes.....if they can finish 7-3 they might just make the postseason.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Trojan Dave,

Is Gallia Academy still a team that mixes it up, run and pass? Or have they changed any on their offensive scheme?

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Army: The only TD they scored was on a nice 24 yard pass.....I think the Blue Devils favor the run, but they have some capable receivers and QB........but the Trojans played very stout defense vs. GAHS..........they had several opportunities in our territory to put more points on the board but we turned them away......including a goal line stand at the 1 yard line.

Their kicker was pretty good also.....he looks to be capable of hitting about a 35 yard field goal.......so they are a threat to put 3 points on the board as well.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Thanks Trojandave :!:

doctorchilly85
Waterboy

Post by doctorchilly85 »

had to change my handle but here i am. ok last week saw awesome game at home. good one cavs! this week gallia comes in town time to rock-n-roll! time for "showtime" eric young to move and groove! and the cavs to get another win good luck to portsmouth,zanesville,big walnut and ironton really i mean it :? points baby! :mrgreen:

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

Let's go Blue Devils....This defense is playing a WHOLE lot better than in previous games...These cardiac kids are coming around....Cavs are a god team but I have to go with THE BLUE DEVILS in this one...CLose game as it has been in the past.....I am going to say 14-10.......Let's Go Big Blue...

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Wouldn't have thought so 3-4 weeks ago, but the Gallia game is a BIGGER game (computer points and league standings) in week 7 than the Ironton game for the Cavs. You are right TrojanDave, the Devils definately have playoff hopes riding on this one as well. As with the last 3 weeks, Chilly must concentrate on improvement in every phase and NOT be satisfied with their accomplishments so far... alot of football yet to be played, and if things go right, a WHOLE LOT to play for. Yes, the Cavs have rode impressive defensive efforts the last couple weeks, but if the "efficiency" of the the Chilly offense improves just a little, the points will come... maybe in bunches. Two pass incompletions kept last night's game from opening up quite a bit (the drop inside the 10 yd. line, and the slight overthrow to a WR all alone deep down the middle). If the Cavs start making those plays, and eliminate any negative yardage (both by penalty and bad execution), the offensive point production (and it's critics) changes. Numbers can be very decieving on that side of the ball... against Portsmouth for instance, Chilly only had @ 200 yards of total offense, but produced 34 points. Last night, over 300 yards, but just 17 points. Really, it's where you get the football, and what you do with it when you get it there. Here's hoping the Cavs stay focused and continue to work hard. There were a few scores from last night that should convince anyone what can happen on any given friday night. Go Cavs!!!

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Feels so good to watch Gallia with a team concept than a me.me concept.

wolfmannum8
Waterboy

Re: Wk 7 - Gallia Academy (4-2) (2-1) @ Chillicothe (4-2) (3-0)

Post by wolfmannum8 »

I haven't seen Chilli yet, but Gallia impressed me with their ability to adjust and to make the big plays when they needed them. Their young QB has a good arm, and can really pick you apart with the underneath stuff. Best of luck to both teams!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Another great match-up in the SEOAL. Best success to both teams. Of course, that being said, I got to go with our CAVS :!:

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

GAHS7462 wrote:Feels so good to watch Gallia with a team concept than a me.me concept.

"Team" ...........you got that right !

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

first off ARMY nice write - up. i wish i could tell you which blue devils will show up at ``herrnstein `` thats the way the car dealership spells it but at any rate alot is riding on this game these young devils have been ko`d twice and have some wins under there belt. i say they come out ARMY STRONG. like those paratroopers of the 82nd AIRBORNE DIVISION. ``AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY`` ;-) :mrgreen:

Army
S

Post by Army »

Looking for a great game as always aganist Gallia Academy. I see our CAVS getting the W if they continue to do the things they have and continue to work at improving in some areas.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

gallia doesnt have the weapons the cavs do chilli easy win. and the logan game will not be a showdown it will be a beatdown

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Post by scooterdawg »

Hey Ravens; I agree with you about the offense. With our passing game the QB needs to make better reads. Alot of times he is just looking for one particular reciever and up in the stands you can see others who are wide open. I don't mean to be an armchair QB. GO CAV'S!!!! REFUSE TO LOSE!!!!

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

You Cavs fans are underestimating our "Cardiac Kids".......They are a completely different team now.... The defense is playing with a chip on their shoulder and as for the offense it appears that Niday has found the strenghts and is utilizing them...someone said that Gallia didn't have the "weapons" to compete against the Cavs....Well I say they obviously haven't seen Beau Whaley running routes or Nate Allison running over defenders Evan Wod and Quintin Nibert are comming around nicely, Plus Austin Wilson can flat out fly.......I think Gallia is up to the test and SHould be a real good game.

Return to “Football”