Curious why do you have to pay to park at Wellston football

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Curious why do you have to pay to park at Wellston football

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

games???

Wow 5 bucks to park and then students have to pay full price to go in kind of steep isn't it???

Just curious...

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Curious why do you have to pay to park at Wellston football

Post by Bleeding Red »

I was thinking the same thing when Minford played up there.

I thought it was quite ridiculous myself.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Everybody has to raise money to support the athletics in someway. If you dont want to pay to park,go up town and walk its as simple as that. :idea:

OZZIE0HI0
Freshman Team

Post by OZZIE0HI0 »

Everybody has to raise money to support the athletics in someway. If you dont want to pay to park,go up town and walk its as simple as that.

Actually its not, ill stay home from now on and you wont get none of my hard eraned money.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Seems like $5 to park might be a little steep. Jackson started charging $2 to park this year, which is the same amount that the OHSAA charges at its playoff games. I think $2 is plenty, but an athletic program has to do whatever it takes to support its teams.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

$8 to get into the game? It was only $5 when Jackson played at Wellston.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

FIVE BUCKS ! OUCH That makes Jackson sound like a deal. I know schools are in a crunch for money. The cost for a high school game everywhere is getting out of hand. Some schools have gone pay to play. Has Wellston gone to pay to play? I know Jackson has tossed the idea around under the old SUPER.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

five bucks might be the highest in the state.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

nybucks05 wrote:okay so 5 bucks for parking and 8 bucks to get in thats ridiculous. i'll keep my twelve dollars and go by a ticket to the ou game

That is priceless!!!!...Only in Southern Ohio!!!...Just playing with ya!!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

if you charge for regular season games, are you alowed to charge for home play off games, "if you have one'?

so Jackson charges to park now?..I dont remember paying last time we was up there.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Yes. Jackson charges $2 to park now. Just implemented this year.

Also, I have always parked at Wellston behind the stadium on the other side of the railroad tracks. Doesn't cost me a penny.

That is my recommendation for anybody.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

for 2 dollars, I will pay..now for 5 dollars,,I would walk :122246

alexanderspartan
Waterboy

Post by alexanderspartan »

Bulldog Booster 79 wrote:
nybucks05 wrote:okay so 5 bucks for parking and 8 bucks to get in thats ridiculous. i'll keep my twelve dollars and go by a ticket to the ou game

Nice math!!! It seems as though your AD has some company in the uneducated department.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Is Boston teaching math up there now? I know he isn't certified to be a teacher, but does it matter at York? I mean he is the AD. :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:if you charge for regular season games, are you alowed to charge for home play off games, "if you have one'?

so Jackson charges to park now?..I dont remember paying last time we was up there.

You have two options, if you don't want to pay.

Walk your rearend to the game from the Pondersoa, after you get tossed again. Or, hitch a ride with g-1 from the Ponderosa. Personally, I figured you would just steal someone's tip at the Ponderosa and pay the parking maid.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

godsgeneral
Freshman Team

Post by godsgeneral »

The gate price is the same for adults and students. It doesn't matter whether you are 5 or 50 the price is the same. Most schools charge around $3.00 for little children but not Wellston. If you can walk through the gate you pay the price whether you (child) want to be there or not.

I understand when money gets tight you do what you have to to survive. It frustrates me though, when a place of business, etc. charges for parking, whether it's a football game or the Columbus Zoo. The purpose is to get people there to spend their money, unless you live next door, you have to drive. So you take advantage of that?

I pay when I go, whether it is for my small child or for parking. However, I don't go as often.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

godsgeneral wrote:The gate price is the same for adults and students. It doesn't matter whether you are 5 or 50 the price is the same. Most schools charge around $3.00 for little children but not Wellston. If you can walk through the gate you pay the price whether you (child) want to be there or not.

I understand when money gets tight you do what you have to to survive. It frustrates me though, when a place of business, etc. charges for parking, whether it's a football game or the Columbus Zoo. The purpose is to get people there to spend their money, unless you live next door, you have to drive. So you take advantage of that?

I pay when I go, whether it is for my small child or for parking. However, I don't go as often.

I will pay also, but to even out the cost,I will have a camera case, ..inside will be a few snacks,and a couple sodas, so I wont have to buy it there 8)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote::aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

g-1 will rat you out.

not if I share :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”