Who takes the SOC this year?

Black&Orange23
Waterboy

Who takes the SOC this year?

Post by Black&Orange23 »

With valley down i dont see them with much of a chance to take the soc.

Burg will have a very good chance at taking the soc if they play up to theri potential. A lot of returning players just need to play every game.

Minford IMO i dont see them doing much again this year. Yes they might have experience but i just dont see them being much this year.

West IMO has the greater chance of taking the SODC this year. They have multiple 3 year players, big strong guys upfron againk and will also be very smart on the field.

What are your thoughts on this years SOC :?:

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Who takes the SOC this year?

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg should be improved the next few years. Only losing 6 total seniors from this year's 7-3 team is a plus. Losing your QB to graduation is always tough, but E.Miller led the team in all purpose yards as a sophomore and will be a huge part of the offense again in 2012. The 14 sophs and 3 freshmen who all received a ton of experience will help a lot. The freshman class is very solid and the incoming freshmen are also a nice group. By looking at the 2011 roster, there should be around 11 seniors, 14 juniors and 20 sophomores on the roster next year.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

My Falcons should be back in the thick of things. There will be over 30 players in the top two grades. Many of them have played a lot of minutes for the last two years. Also I heard things are going well in the weight room right now which is critical. Last year was an anomaly, not the start of a downward spiral IMO.

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

I think SV again in the SOC 1.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Tobias wrote:...on a side note...

I think that Portsmouth has a good shot at going 3-1 or 4-0 ON THE ROAD in 2012 against Valley, Wheelersburg, Minford, and West.

:mrgreen:
I could have guessed your post as soon as I seen your name on here :-D . I would have guessed 2-2 at best. but that's why they play the game. 8)

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

With the same offense and defense?

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

2012 VALLEY INDIANS: In the words of Gomer Pyle........." SUPRISE,SUPRISE..out jumped the bunny rabbit!" " Sarge, Look what somebody left at the front door, a present!" :122246 :122246 :122245 :122245

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

I think as of right now i think in the soc11 wheelersburg, and soc1 ND or SV.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

It depends how the off season goes for the teams. West I think could have another good team but they must get back in the weight room. Wheelersburg is another year older and they have a very good coaching staff. Valley may be ok but they lose some great talent that I think they can't be replaced but they are the champs some will need to knock them off. Waverly is getting a new facility I could see them being better. I have never understood why they don't have a good team every year especially where they are located.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

I think it will be a toss-up between the typical top teams. Lots of folks this time last year didn't give Valley a chance but they got hot and stayed hot. Those teams putting in the hard work now will rise to the top next fall.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

OSU 77 wrote: Waverly is getting a new facility I could see them being better. I have never understood why they don't have a good team every year especially where they are located.
Please elaborate? Dont get me wrong I am not a big Waverly supporter, from Piketon, but where they are located doesnt jump out to me as why they should be good every year! lol

Waverly is dropping in numbers, went to being a village. Losing jobs, Mills Pride closing and other jobs leaving. Pike county highest unemployment in the state. Just wondering!

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

N4da'score

2012 VALLEY INDIANS: In the words of Gomer Pyle........." SUPRISE,SUPRISE..out jumped the bunny rabbit!" " Sarge, Look what somebody left at the front door, a present!"
Now that's a funny ! Valley takes it 2 years in a row 2012 SOC 2 CHAMPS !

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

1. West
2. Wheelersburg
3. Waverly
4. Minford
5. Valley
6. Northwest

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

West is probably the team to beat this yr in soc2 they imo have the best junior class of all the schools and age and experience does matter, Shears grad. will have a serious impact on burg but they will be solid, Valley loses a LOT, Waverly loses a Lot, Minford loses a lot, Northwest loses Luke Brown.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I think that Portsmouth has a good shot at going 3-1 or 4-0 ON THE ROAD in 2012 against Valley, Wheelersburg, Minford, and West.

Don't see it happening. Isn't Clifford still there???

Enough said

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

I love reading Portsmouth preseason predictions.... :roll:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

The only SOC game that Portsmouth MAY win is Valley.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I dont see Valley in the top 2 this upcoming season, while they have some GOOD players coming back, but they are a year away IMO. Valley will however contend in 2013 and beyond, A LOT of really good kids coming up.

As far as 2012...my SOC champion is West.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Coop BIG surprise coming at Valley ! You will probably rethink your prediction in the coming months !

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Burg and West will be at the top.

Return to “Football”