Site Admin

WK3 (0-2) Wellston @ (1-1) Waverly

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: WK3 (0-2) Wellston @ (1-1) Waverly

Post by Poo Bear »

I think this one will be closer than people think...I think Waverly will win a hard fought contest against a very young but very game Rocket team...Good luck to the Rockets...If Wellston can get through this brutal non conference schedule healthy they are going to be a TVC contender for the next 4 years...Good luck to the Rockets...and #44...Keep it up "J"!!!....Waverly 28...Wellston 12

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

From what I hear from the minford faithful, if wellston can get outside on waverly with the sweeps, and set up some runs inside for the talented freshman #44(I believe) ,than they could be victorious, however Waverly is always a tough place to play.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I thought Wellston would give Minford a tough game and they did. However, I don't think Wellston will be able to stay in this game, because I do not think they will have a chance of slowing Waverly's qb. I think this one could get ugly. However, you have to play the game and who knows what will happen. One thing is for sure Wellston will be ready for TVC play with their tough non-league schedule. Give them credit.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Wellsoton is much improved and looks like what you would expect from Wellsont: strong and physical, can run the ball

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Waverly has the offense to score with anybody and it seems whatever the defense was doing in the second half against Jackson was working (I wasn't at the game). IDK much about the Rockets excpet their first two scores.
I think the Tigers have too much fire power for the Rockets and I think the Waverly defense is coming around and the Rockets won't be able to have sustaied drives like Jackson did last week.
I'll take Waverly by a pair of touchdowns.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson was able to move the ball very well on the ground last week against Waverly, which is what Wellston will try to do for the most part. The Rockets have two very good backs in Lockard and Prater, but I just don't know if they have enough up front to push Waverly around. I would expect Waverly to at least limit the Wellston running attack and I don't see the Wellston defense containing all of Waverly's athletes on the offensive side of the ball. Good luck to both teams, but I'm picking Waverly to win comfortably.

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

good luck to our friends at Wellston
Last edited by WJfan4life on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

Waverly has their starting nosegaurd back wich they did not have against piketon and most of the game against jackson. Waverly's d-line won't get pushed around anymore

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

could be a rough week for the rockets. that coming from a wellston person himself but who know's.?

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Waverly by two TD's.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

I must Roback is one of the best players in the region.. i truly believe he does it all.. now jackson was able to stop him... and no offense but this wellston team is no jackson.. i do hope the rockets continue to show improvement and who knows the may come away with a win but im gonna predict waverly 35-20

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

Last week against Jackson waverly did not establish the running game and jackson had more guys back in coverage and they stopped roback. i said last week they needed to run the ball more and if they would have they might have won because teams cant stop malone running the ball and roback passing and also running. Also the roback interception sealed the game for jackson. Run the ball more waverly

Army
S

Post by Army »

Good Luck Golden Rockets :!:

fbone
Waterboy

Post by fbone »

Wellston will win, 27-26, when it counted the most, (against Jackson) they didn't run the ball, and they lost, this will be a repeat Maybe they should try running the ball the entire game and see what happens. Roback wasn't so hot this week either, hope he does better and gives malone and rowland the ball more (j/k)

tigerfaner
Waterboy

Post by tigerfaner »

fbone wrote:Wellston will win, 27-26, when it counted the most, (against Jackson) they didn't run the ball, and they lost, this will be a repeat Maybe they should try running the ball the entire game and see what happens. Roback wasn't so hot this week either, hope he does better and gives malone and rowland the ball more (j/k)

I am a major tiger fan, always will be and I agree. Malone played more in the game last year as a sophmore and not hardly at all this year as a junior, whats up with that? Whos is roback throwing too, I want to see more running game.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Sounds like Malone is having a problem. Dont know what it is. Good luck to the Tigers, get a W against the W!

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Maybe Wellston can pull off a win.

Pigskinplayer
Waterboy

Post by Pigskinplayer »

tigerfaner wrote:
fbone wrote:Wellston will win, 27-26, when it counted the most, (against Jackson) they didn't run the ball, and they lost, this will be a repeat Maybe they should try running the ball the entire game and see what happens. Roback wasn't so hot this week either, hope he does better and gives malone and rowland the ball more (j/k)

I am a major tiger fan, always will be and I agree. Malone played more in the game last year as a sophmore and not hardly at all this year as a junior, whats up with that? Whos is roback throwing too, I want to see more running game.

Well, the problem is not with Malone or Roback,the problem is a young inexperienced line.The line needs time to mature and come together as a unit.Malone is being used for as a receiver because the line is having a tough time holding their blocks.They will be good just going to take a few games to get there.When they do I can see us running the ball more. I see a W for the Tigers in this one.
Go Tigers and GO BUCKS!

Return to “Football”