WK3 (2-0) Logan @ (2-0) Hamilton Township

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

loganlocos
SEOP

WK3 (2-0) Logan @ (2-0) Hamilton Township

Post by loganlocos »

Logan travels to Hamilton Twp. for the first ever meeting between these two schools. Township is coached by former DeSales mentor Bob Jacoby, and were 5-5 last season.

Logan has started strong with wins over a pair of defending OCC champions by a combined score of 70-24.

Dorian Curry, a legit D1 athlete will lead the Rangers at quarterback, while the injury bug continues to plague Logan who may be without a couple other starters this week.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: Week 3: Logan (2-0) AT Hamilton Township (2-0)

Post by 1987chieftains »

my sources tell me they are not that good. they're a one man show.

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

I wouldn't say that they are not good, they just don't play the caliber of teams that we play. They are good, but only against the teams that are on the same level as they are. IMO, Logan will win this game easily but as I've said before this series is about the future. Hammy is a small D2 but they are on the rise. The area is exploding with growth and with Bob Jacoby at the helm, he will turn that program into a winner. Hammy will take their lumps for a couple years or so but I believe this will develop into one of Logan's greatest rivalries.

As for a score, I will say somewhere in the neighborhood of Logan 56-Hammy 10. Too many athletes, too much momentum and too much to prove for it to be much closer IMO

Army
S

Post by Army »

Going with Logan big in this match-up :!: :-D

Chillicothe finally replaces Brookhaven from the CCL next year with a 2 year series against Hamilton TWP from the MSL-Buckeye. I and many in Chillicothe are glad too. :-D

GO Chieftians :!: :-D

GO SEOAL :!: :-D

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

HAmilton Township had a struggle against Northridge here in Licking County. Logan should get a lot of playing time for the back up players, 56-13.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: WK3 (2-0) Logan @ (2-0) Hamilton Township

Post by dazed&confused »

Sorry, not much suspense here. My biggest worry is additional injuries. I hope (and believe) Logan gets out to a big lead, rests the starters in the second half and some others get a breather to heal up. Logan returns home the next week to face an improved but outmanned Gallia, then begins to see convalescing starters return against Ironton. Barring unforeseen circumstances, they should be steaming into week ten for a big showdown against Chilli.

chieflineman06
Freshman Team

Post by chieflineman06 »

One question; what division is Hamilton Township?

Not saying this matters in this match up, I was just wondering.

Now to the game, Logan has really impressed me with the wins over the last two weeks. I agree with dazed&confused, barring anything from happening, I see Logan winning another SEOAL championship and head into Chilli for a big showdown (and this one actually counts for something).

Hamilton Township is a team standing at 2-0 as well, so that means they are not slackers by any means. I just don't know much about HT, but from what I hear they just don't face the caliber of teams like Logan.

Good luck to Logan for another win........HT good luck for the rest of the season.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

I also agree that Hamilton TWP. will build that program based on their growth and coach. But this gets ugly fast! We should be able to rest some folks and that will help alot. Does anyone have this address so I can mapquest, or directions. Someone said the school is over by the old Rickenbacker Air Force Base?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOTTA GO WITH THE CHIEFTAINS HERE. GO SEOAL. LOGAN IS NOW MAKING A BELIEVER OF ME. HANDLING TEAMS THAT ARE THEIR SIZE, AND A BIT BIGGER. THIS IS THE LOGAN THAT PEOPLE EXPECT TO SEE, FROM A TEAM THIS SIZE. :-D

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

Here is a link to their website so you can mapquest it and check them out. http://www.hamilton-local.k12.oh.us/

It is a little to the west/northwest of Rickenbacker. I live in Groveport so this really isn't an away game for me. You can see the tops of the stadium lights from 270 on the south side. Oh, BTW, Hamilton Twp. is a small D2 school...for now.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Logan fans,
I host the call in show on 107.7 Friday nights after the games. I WANT YOUR BUSINESS. Give me a call on your way home this Friday and we'll talk some Cheiftan football. 753 2154, 753 3154, 753 4154

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

Logan takes this one.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I'm not expecting ANY Jacoby coached team to get beat that bad.

Certainly I think Logan will be favored, but HT definitely has an "equalizer" in Dorien Curry.

Logan needs to continue to improve each week. Last week, the Chieftains managed only 55 yards on 35 rushes, a number that MUST improve for the purple and white.

I'm looking forward to traveling to HT. It's nice for me since I live in Hilliard to have a game up here in Central Ohio for a second straight week.

HE_HATE_ME10
Waterboy

Post by HE_HATE_ME10 »

Im gonna take Hamilton Township in an upset 17-14

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

whats the word on neff and morgan? i've heard neff's is not as bad as 1st thought and morgan's worries then 1st thought

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Go Logan from the BUCKEYES. :122245 :122245

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

I'll take the Chiefs in this one, injuries or not.
Go Chiefs!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I think most Logan fans are being EXTREMELY arrogant and unreasonable for 3 reasons.

1) HT is 2-0 without a truly close game yet.

2) Logan has never played HT, therefore they have no basis to assume they "play inferior" competition or "aren't big or fast enough."

3) HT is coached by Bob Jacoby, one of the top coaches in the entire state.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath, and realize that despite early success, Logan is far from unbeatable, especially considering we still have no idea just how good the 2008 Lancaster team is.

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

You know, I'm kinda having a change of heart about this 56-10 score thing. It seems to have stuck in peoples head for some reason and the more I read it the more it makes me look like one of those arrogant, pot stirring fans which I'm not. Besides, a 46 point win is a snoozer anyway and who wants that? With that being said, I'm going to say that the score will be close to what we've had the first two weeks. 34-17 Logan is my new prediction based on the injuries we've had and the great unknown of playing someone new, especially with the coach they have.
And look, there is no doubt that Hammy is a good team and someday will be a great team IMO, but this year Logan has the early makings of something special and I don't think that they will let anyone stand in their way. There is no doubt that the Rangers will beat the Chiefs for sure, but I think it'll take a couple seasons of building the program first which will happen. Exhale

GO CHIEFS!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

teufelhunden wrote:Logan fans,
I host the call in show on 107.7 Friday nights after the games. I WANT YOUR BUSINESS. Give me a call on your way home this Friday and we'll talk some Cheiftan football. 753 2154, 753 3154, 753 4154

You're on my speed dial on the cellphone. You didn't get a lot of calls Friday night I'm sure because of a nearly three hour storm delay. Our game didn't finish until 1:00 AM and since the game was in Pickerington, I assume most fans, like me, just wanted to get home.

Return to “Football”