Fairland's new rule!

bucking red
Varsity

Fairland's new rule!

Post by bucking red »

If you are tardy for school you will not be allowed to participate that day in extracurricular activities unless you have a Dr. note. What a bunch of bull. I'll bet no other school has a stupid rule like this. :aaaaa35

greenandwhiteboy
Riding the Bench

Re: Fairland's new rule!

Post by greenandwhiteboy »

i agree its a load of crap i dont kno wat our they are thinking it makes me mad and we had one of our lineman 10 mins late for school and he didnt get to practice and if he practiced anyways he would have got insubordination and he wouldnt be able to practice for a week

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

I don't think it is a bad rule at all. It will teach the student/atheletes to be responsible and held accountable.

fhsalum1991
Waterboy

Post by fhsalum1991 »

I can remember this rule when Snyder was a coach before.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I don't think Snyder made this rule. I think it was by our all knowing school board.

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

Buck. All you do is piss and moan. You must have a miserable life. Why don't you move to another district or something. I think it's a good rule. I bet kids will be a little more responsible now. I would like to see a state wide 2.0 gpa t play ball also. If you cant make the grades you should be home studying. Parents should be held a little more accountable also. And transfering out of your district, thats another issue. If you want to play somewhere else, MOVE. You should run for school board and straighten out the district up there at Fairland. You seem to have all the answers.

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

Outstanding rule and I wish more schools would follow. However, in the day of win win win, I dont expect that to happen.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

GAHS has a rule better than that..... If you are tardy you must miss practice....... If you miss practice you must sit out a quarter..... Good rule... Teaches responsibility for your actions...

duke
Riding the Bench

Post by duke »

Got to disagree with this rule, mainly because there are no repercussions for frequently tardy staff members. As the adults in the school, they should be modeling appropriate responsible behavior - doesn't happen in general. Another similar thought... certain teachers on staff have a very high rate of absenteeism which affects the continuity of instruction for their courses, with no accountability for their actions. Assignments due dates are postponed, quizzes are rescheduled, etc...and there are no breaks given to students who miss even one day. Not everyone runs to the doctor every time a day of school / work is missed. As far as the school board, they meet once a month. Take a look at THEIR attendance records...not great at all. What's good for the goose is good for the gander and all that, eh?

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

At Jackson, two tardies to school means you are prohibited from participating in extracurriculars for the rest of the grading period. I don't recall anyone being removed since this rule went into effect two years ago. Be on time or don't play.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Hey UMP if I was still in school and had a choice of were I went to school you can bet it wouldn't be at FHS. But unfortunately I graduated just a few years ago. :122249 I wish I was as perfect as you and never overslept or had my electricity go out in the middle of the night. Ump answer this question why are kids who participate in extracurricular activities punished but kids who don't are not? Does this sound like a fair or just rule! It doesn't to me. There are reasons beyond peoples control for being late like their car breaking down but I guess that has never happened to you.And another thing my life is just fine and I hope yours is also. :122245

duke
Riding the Bench

Post by duke »

I'd venture a guess that in schools with this policy there have been tardies that were "overlooked" and / or "undocumented", especially in regard to key players on sports teams. On a side note, isn't it amusing that the world seems full of people who see themselves in an aura of perfection and are able to reign judgement on the rest of the peons in the world that make mistakes? I personally do not know one single person who has never been late in his or her life for something.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Whats happens if a kid is tardy on Fridays?

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

He doesn't get to play.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Seems like a good rule to me. Teaches the kids that they need to be on time like they would in the "real world". I like it.

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

Hey UMP if I was still in school and had a choice of were I went to school you can bet it wouldn't be at FHS. But unfortunately I graduated just a few years ago. I wish I was as perfect as you and never overslept or had my electricity go out in the middle of the night. Ump answer this question why are kids who participate in extracurricular activities punished but kids who don't are not? Does this sound like a fair or just rule! It doesn't to me. There are reasons beyond peoples control for being late like their car breaking down but I guess that has never happened to you.And another thing my life is just fine and I hope yours is also.

Buck, I'm not perfect, if I'm late for work I DONT GET PAID. If a child who doesnt play sports is late how are they being punished? This is something YOU as a parent should take up with the BOE. Maybe driving privlages should be taken away or something. Didnt this Board lower the GPA to help struggling kids play ball? Was that the only positive thing they have done. Sounds like the disgruntled FHS parents need to get out and vote. Or better yet run for office.

smash_mouth
Waterboy

Post by smash_mouth »

Meigs got the same rule this year, I think it would be fine if they made exceptions. Its not the students fault when they get a flat tire, or hit a deer on their way to school.

dragonfan5
Waterboy

Post by dragonfan5 »

The reason Fairland has this rule now is real simple to understand. Last school year several players from different teams would arrive to school late on game days. This is very upsetting to the teachers and coaches in the district. I also know that several of the girls on the basketball team would come in second period and leave during 5th period on game days. When asked why they would do this, their response was we wanted to sleep and then we needed to go get something to eat and take a nap before our games. These are not valid reasons like I had a flat tire, I hit a deer, or my electric was out, they would just sleep in. So I approve of the new rule. If you want to play sports get out of bed and go to school. I think that all of thecoaches in the Fairland district would infact want the GPA raised back to 2.0.

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

I'm a devils advocate sorta guy, so I can see arguements for or against this. That said, my only real problem with this is that some kids do not have good home lives and this will only add to their troubled lives. Kids will be double penalized for having to pick dad up at 3 AM from a bar and then oversleeping. No sports or activities for these students means plenty of free time. We all know what follows... drugs, arrests, etc. This is a good policy, but only if it is enforced with discretion and not just followed to the letter of the law.

GO TIGERS!!!

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

Has anyone heard that also girls can no longer carry purses to classes? So, 5, are you insinuating that if you did have a flat it would be excused? That is not what the coach told me- only students with a dr. note would be excused instead of a tardy slip.

Return to “Football”