Freshman Team

Luke Keller signs

Post by Alitown »

Luke Keller signs with Morehead state

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Luke Keller signs

Post by Bleeding Red »

Good for him. He had a very good high school career and hopefully it will carry over to Morehead.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

good for him. i hear he had better offers but choose to go here were he can play right away then transfer to a bigger school. the best part of it is that he will be getting a good education so no matter what happens his future is bright.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Which high school did Keller play for?

CG_ALUMNI
Waterboy

Post by CG_ALUMNI »

He should get some solid playing time there... What bigger schools were interested in him? He played for Lucasville Valley and was a great running back. Has size and speed to run over or around about any team in the area.. he will do great at Morehead.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

COngrats to the young man. He worked extremely hard and this is one of the rewards.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

SouthernStorm wrote:Which high school did Keller play for?
Luke played for Lucasville Valley..

He was first team all ohio and the Division 5 ohio offensive player of the year. He did have some offers from bigger schools, but I know he made the right decision for him and his family, all while getting to play at the next level and getting a great education. Morehead got a good one!

Congrats Luke!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats and good luck on and off the field.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

he had offers from most of the mac i think. prob would have to sit for a few years there tho. he most likely will be a starter from day one at morehead and then he can transfer to a d1 school and not have to sit out the normal 1 year.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

izladoom wrote:he had offers from most of the mac i think. prob would have to sit for a few years there tho. he most likely will be a starter from day one at morehead and then he can transfer to a d1 school and not have to sit out the normal 1 year.
I thought Morehead was D1?

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Technically yes they are div I but:

ScholarshipsDivision I FCS schools are currently restricted to giving financial assistance amounting to 63 full scholarships. As FCS football is an "equivalency" sport (as opposed to the "head-count" status of FBS football), Championship Subdivision schools may divide their allotment into partial scholarships. However, FCS schools may only have 85 players receiving any sort of athletic financial aid for football—the same numeric limit as FBS schools. Because of competitive forces, however, a substantial number of players in Championship Subdivision programs are on full scholarships. Another difference is that FCS schools are allowed to award financial aid to as many as 30 new players per season, as opposed to 25 in FBS.

A few Championship Subdivision conferences are composed of schools that offer no athletic scholarships at all, most notably the Ivy League and the Pioneer Football League, a football-only conference. The Ivy League allows no athletic scholarships at all, while the PFL consists of schools that offer scholarships in other sports but choose not to take on the expense of a scholarship football program. The Northeast Conference also sponsored non-scholarship football, but began offering a maximum of 30 full scholarship equivalents in 2006, which grew to 40 in 2011 after a later vote of the league's school presidents and athletic directors. The Patriot League does not give football scholarships, but permits them in other sports (athletes receiving these scholarships are ineligible to play football for Patriot League schools).

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

yeah your right they are d1 i ment he could go from a fcs to a fbs school without sitting a year.

javon white
Freshman Team

Post by javon white »

Congratulations to a fine young man! Good luck!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

izladoom wrote:yeah your right they are d1 i ment he could go from a fcs to a fbs school without sitting a year.
I don't think he has ANY intention of transferring. He chose the school and program that he felt the most comfortable with. He chose Morehead and they chose him.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Morehead has worked out for several players around here. Jerrod Pendleton and Eli Parkes both went there recently and started or played significant time every year. I'm sure as long as he sticks it out he can be successful

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Congrats to him. He can definitely play well at that level. If I were a college coach he's the kind of kid I would try to get as many as I could.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

sider wrote:Morehead has worked out for several players around here. Jerrod Pendleton and Eli Parkes both went there recently and started or played significant time every year. I'm sure as long as he sticks it out he can be successful
Valley grad Matt Keeney also played at Morehead with some success. I know Matt was really pulling for Luke to choose Morehead.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Fine fine young man and football savy. Will make a great addition to Morehead. Congratulations Luke.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Congrats to Luke! I'm a freshman a MSU this year and I've loved it there and I'm sure he will too! He has really been blessed! Can't wait to see him down here

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

http://www.ncaapublications.com/product ... NE2010.pdf

Not that it really matters because I think Luke will be just fine at Morehead and have a great 4 years there but I am pretty sure he would have to sit if he was to transfer as suggested.

If you are now in a four-year school and want to transfer to another four-year school, we sometimes refer to you as a 4-4 transfer.
As a 4-4 transfer, generally you are not eligible to play at the new four-year school until you spend an academic year in residence
at that new school. However, there are exceptions that that may allow you to play right away, read this section to see if an
exception can apply to you.

If this is your first transfer…
If you have never transferred before from a four-year school, you might be able to use the one-time transfer exception to play
right away at a Division I or II school.
To use this exception, you must:
1. Be playing a sport other than baseball in Division I, basketball in Division I, men's ice hockey in Division I or football in Division
I. Note: In football you may be eligible to use this exception if:
a. You transfer from a Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) school to a Football Championship Subdivision
(formerly Division I-AA) school and have at least two seasons of competition remaining; or
b. You transfer from a Football Championship Subdivision (formerly I-AA) school that offers athletics scholarships to a
Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) that does not offer athletics scholarships.
Important Note: If you do not qualify for this exception due to any of the conditions in Subsection 1 above, you may
be able to use the exception if you were not recruited by your first four-year school AND have never received an athletics
scholarship.

Return to “Football”