WK 1 South Point @ Portsmouth

Portsmouth98
All State

WK 1 South Point @ Portsmouth

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Lets get this started. What does South Point return from last year and what are their expectations for this year? Portsmouth brings back 2 very good O-Lineman who are being looked as as d-1 prospects, 2 500+ yard receivers and a good running back. The rest of the offense will be filled in mainly with a stellar sophomore class. On defense there will be a few players back up front if they don't stay platooned on Offense, the lb core will be a little inexperienced but athletic and we have a few good db's returning. If we can fill in the interior of our line, get our new qb worked in and solidify our front 7 (all big if's) we should be very formidable, if we can't do that, I think we're still a 4-6 team as a worst possible scenario.

PTrojan59
S

Re: South Point @ Portsmouth

Post by PTrojan59 »

wow i cant believe football season is so close i think portsmouth will be steady qb worries me myers played in idk how many games last year and dident pass that much he just ran. So i think clifford should have thout about that but overall i see the trojans having a nice year im going to say 7-3 with the l's from burg i-town and maybe wb or 8-2 with l's from burg and ironton!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Portsmouth wins, the Trojans are to much for South Point from the OVC.

GO SEOAL :!:

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

at least 7-3......anything less from p-town would be a dissapointment in my eyes....

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Jason Vorhees wrote:at least 7-3......anything less from p-town would be a dissapointment in my eyes....

after losing the senior class we lost??

I think this next group has a lot of talent, but I also think they are going to need one more year of experience as starters to expect to much out of them.

I do think they will have a decent year

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

How is South Point shaping up? I read on another thread a few kids might be ineligible.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

I can't believe buckie hasn't posted on here yet....Portsmouth by a bunch.... :12224

Snake
Waterboy

Post by Snake »

nirvana wrote:I honestly think this game will be over at half time south point by 30 no one will stop sp this year

I don't think you have a clue. But good luck to both teams. :-D

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

nirvana wrote:I honestly think this game will be over at half time south point by 30 no one will stop sp this year

I think you have been hanging around certain SP people too long, particuarly mcstephen10.

I think the only thing correct in your post is that it will be over by halftime.....Portsmouth in a route. They win by 3TD's.

South Point very rarely contends on the gridiron with Scioto Co teams.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

south point would be o for the decade playing in the seoal portsmouth by tons!

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

GO Trojans!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Bleeding Red wrote:

I think you have been hanging around certain SP people too long, particuarly mcstephen10.

I think the only thing correct in your post is that it will be over by halftime.....Portsmouth in a route. They win by 3TD's.

South Point very rarely contends on the gridiron with Scioto Co teams.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I THINK HE'S BEEN HANGING OUT AT LOCAL BARS TOO MUCH. PORTSMOUTH WILL NEVER LOSE TO AN OVC TEAM AGAIN. IF THEY EVER HAVE. I KNOW CHESY PLAYED THEM REALLY CLOSE TO THE VEST A FEW YEARS AGO. IT'S SCHEDULE STRENGTH I TELL YA.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Portsmouth should run away with this in my opinion

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

Clifford and the Trojans get the W. Can you say 66-14???

cgfblvr
Waterboy

Post by cgfblvr »

As much as I support the OVC teams, I have to agree that Portsmouth will take this one by as much as they want.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

South Point has a good chance to catch Portsmouth off-guard, we've got a ton of talent but it's going to take some time for us to gel.

Theguyfromthepoint07
Riding the Bench

Post by Theguyfromthepoint07 »

why is everyone counting the defending 2 time OVC champs out of the first game months before any action i mean seriously who did the pointers lose that just doesnt give them a chance umm ok didnt think so anyways you better just look out for that backfield with seagraves and dillion and plants its gonna get ugly this year so i think we should wait and see what happens then you can put ur scores up here

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I see that last hot dog, of the little league season is still working on you. :mrgreen:

I look for this to be a very tough game, I also think the out come can predict the season of the young trojans.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Chesapeake could never beat Portsmouth even when they were winning the OVC year in and year out. South Point probably isn't going to be as good as they were last year so I'm going with Portsmouth by two TDs or more

Return to “Football”