Are there any schools looking for a field manager?

Tornado Fan
JV Team

Are there any schools looking for a field manager?

Post by Tornado Fan »

I was just wondering if there were any schools looking for a field manager. I have 4 years experience. I was at Racine Southern High School for 4 years, 1 year as head guy on the field but im looking for another place to go. If anyone knows anything about it leave one and i would appreciate it.

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Are there any schools looking for a field manager?

Post by Tartanblue »

Hey fields need to be taken care of too...well grass field which are becoming more less of :122245

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Hey Tornado Fan, I have to give you some props on the field at Southern. I've been to quite a few games there the past few years and every time the field looked awesome. You and your crew did an excellent job. Good luck in your search.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

You should come down to Piketon, we need someone to look after our field!!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

If you work for free I am sure there is some place you can help out.

Tornado Fan
JV Team

Post by Tornado Fan »

Sports 101 wrote:You should come down to Piketon, we need someone to look after our field!!

thanks on that .... i will look into it...are they paying or is it volunteer...cause to have to go down there then i would have to move and i would need to find work...down that way pm me back when u get this

Tornado Fan
JV Team

Post by Tornado Fan »

mtswngrvsg wrote:If you work for free I am sure there is some place you can help out.

yes i have been volunteering my time to do it.....but im more looking into finding someone who pays to do it....if u know anyone let me know...

Tornado Fan
JV Team

Post by Tornado Fan »

If anyone wants to see a few pics on my logos let me know and i will send them to your email...thanks

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Your not the guy that put the hashmarks in wrong a few years ago are you?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I thought a guy by the name of Vergil Dill took care of the field down at Southern, I know Imboden took over last year but before that Dill did pretty much everything. I can remember seeing the lights on late Thurday night while he did the last minute touches.

Now that I think about it didn't you quit mid season Tornadofan?

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

The last time I was at Southern the field was beautiful. If you did that and someone can afford a field manager, it would be worth the money.

Tornado Fan
JV Team

Post by Tornado Fan »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Your not the guy that put the hashmarks in wrong a few years ago are you?

no that is not me...i dont remember who did that i think it was the coach a few years

Tornado Fan
JV Team

Post by Tornado Fan »

Maximus wrote:I thought a guy by the name of Vergil Dill took care of the field down at Southern, I know Imboden took over last year but before that Dill did pretty much everything. I can remember seeing the lights on late Thurday night while he did the last minute touches.

Now that I think about it didn't you quit mid season Tornadofan?

yeah i was his assistant for three years then i took over last year......no i did not quit at all...i was there up till the last week when me and one of the coaches got into because i was being blamed for stuff when i had witnesses.....i was already asked to go back and be an assistant again ... the guy that got it doesnt know as much about it as what i do so thats why he asked me...plus everything he knows i taught him it....wherever u got ur info it was wrong .. u can ask a lot of people down here....

Tornado Fan
JV Team

Post by Tornado Fan »

sandman wrote:The last time I was at Southern the field was beautiful. If you did that and someone can afford a field manager, it would be worth the money.

when was the last time u was at southern....when i was assistant i usually only did the logos on the field...but when i got head i did just about everything...but the logo was mine..i wouldnt let anyone else touch it....

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

The last time RV played Southern at Southern.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

The hashmarks were game 3, 2006 season.

Tornado Fan
JV Team

Post by Tornado Fan »

mtswngrvsg wrote:The hashmarks were game 3, 2006 season.

in 06...what game...cause i dont remember...was it on the fifty yard line.......

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

South Gallia, the whole field. The NFL hashmarks were put in instead of the high school hashmarks. The officials had to guess where to place the ball. Both coaches had a agree to play the game or the game would have been cancelled.

I will say this the field looked great!

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Hashmarks and logos are painted on and corrections can be made after they wear or are mowed off. The real issue is the grass and playing surface in our SE Ohio climate. That is where Southern's field shines. The last time I saw it (last RV game at Racine) it was the best grass field I had seen all year. Must have good drainage, a dependable water source and someone who cares and understands grass. Regardless of the negative comments on the topic, good job to whoever is responsible. This type of field doesn't just happen.

Tornado Fan
JV Team

Post by Tornado Fan »

sandman wrote:Hashmarks and logos are painted on and corrections can be made after they wear or are mowed off. The real issue is the grass and playing surface in our SE Ohio climate. That is where Southern's field shines. The last time I saw it (last RV game at Racine) it was the best grass field I had seen all year. Must have good drainage, a dependable water source and someone who cares and understands grass. Regardless of the negative comments on the topic, good job to whoever is responsible. This type of field doesn't just happen.

yeah i see where ur coming from on that...we do have a good drain system...i know when the beginning of the season starts if it is brown we put water on it and move it around alot....yeah i hear a lot about it being one of the nicest fields in se ohio....i helped virgil dill out alot so he taught me a lot of things about that field.....thanks and i will let everyone know about ur comments on it...

Return to “Football”