Why will Vincent Warren NOT be in the TVC?

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Why will Vincent Warren NOT be in the TVC?

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Let me preface this by saying that I am perfectly happy in the SEOAL, and I don't see Warren heading anyplace else. However, I've been told by a few reliable sources that the TVC has overwhelmingly voted to NOT allow Warren to re-enter the league. This begs an interesting question. Why? Warren is a charter member, about the same size as Vinton, Meigs & Athens. Ticket sales would be fantastic. Travel would be close. Heck, it would even add another soccer team.

So, why wouldn't the TVC vote in Warren?

I've been told it was because the other schools are afraid of being dominated by Warren. I was told that Nelsonville even voted against Warren because they felt the football program was a "sleeping giant."

What are your thoughts? Does anyone have any facts?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

From what I understand they snubed the TVc so they can't get the votes to get in. Thats the rumor anyway.[/quote]

Army
S

Post by Army »

Maybe if Warren went to the next TVC meeting and made a case. Bring statistics, enrollement numbers, sports program insight , travel, and be humble in making the case. Apologize if you have hurt any schools feelings and see where it takes you. Can't hurt :?: :-D

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

:-D :-D
Thats true it could help. I for one think they would be a great fit

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I would love to see Warren back in the TVC. I have been saying for the past year that they should and would come back. I think they should look into it through a 3rd party TVC school that is a neighbor.

With that said, Warren was once a charter member but they left 20 odd years ago for the big time football of the SEOAL. They have done very well in all sports except football as a member of the SEOAL.

I think the real reason they might be interested in leaving the SEOAL is the travel time in this league. You have to look at all sports when considering membership. With the price of fuel, not only for the school but for the parents.

Lets say you have 2 kids in high school and both play sports, 1 boy and 1 girl. You can be going to as many as 4 games a week to watch your kids play. If 2 games are away, then you spend close to 2 tanks of gas in the SEOAL for these 2 trips on most occasions. Factor in the money for addmission to the game, eating sometime during the evening for family of 4 and the most important item, WHEN DO THE KIDS HAVE TIME TO STUDY ON A SCHOOL NIGHT WHEN THEY ARE SPENDING AS MUCH AS 2 HOURS ON A BUS ONE WAY?

Lets bring in Marietta and Warren. Divide the TVC into 3 sections, large schools (Marietta, Warren, Athens, Meigs, Vinton) medium schools (Alexander, Wellston, Nelsonville, Belpre, Federal) and small schools (Trimble, Miller, Southern, Eastern, Waterford).

This will give you 4 conference games for football, play across divisions but not count them for a league title if you want i.e. Warren vs Belpre. This will give you 8 conference games in basketball and volleyball for a league title, again play across divisions but not count them for a league title. You can do this for most of the sports. Cuts way down on travel time and it gives you the flexiability to schedule local schools for your nonconference games or travel as much as you want.

What say you?

Army
S

Post by Army »

Mister B wrote:I would love to see Warren back in the TVC. I have been saying for the past year that they should and would come back. I think they should look into it through a 3rd party TVC school that is a neighbor.

With that said, Warren was once a charter member but they left 20 odd years ago for the big time football of the SEOAL. They have done very well in all sports except football as a member of the SEOAL.

I think the real reason they might be interested in leaving the SEOAL is the travel time in this league. You have to look at all sports when considering membership. With the price of fuel, not only for the school but for the parents.

Lets say you have 2 kids in high school and both play sports, 1 boy and 1 girl. You can be going to as many as 4 games a week to watch your kids play. If 2 games are away, then you spend close to 2 tanks of gas in the SEOAL for these 2 trips on most occasions. Factor in the money for addmission to the game, eating sometime during the evening for family of 4 and the most important item, WHEN DO THE KIDS HAVE TIME TO STUDY ON A SCHOOL NIGHT WHEN THEY ARE SPENDING AS MUCH AS 2 HOURS ON A BUS ONE WAY?

Lets bring in Marietta and Warren. Divide the TVC into 3 sections, large schools (Marietta, Warren, Athens, Meigs, Vinton) medium schools (Alexander, Wellston, Nelsonville, Belpre, Federal) and small schools (Trimble, Miller, Southern, Eastern, Waterford).

This will give you 4 conference games for football, play across divisions but not count them for a league title if you want i.e. Warren vs Belpre. This will give you 8 conference games in basketball and volleyball for a league title, again play across divisions but not count them for a league title. You can do this for most of the sports. Cuts way down on travel time and it gives you the flexiability to schedule local schools for your nonconference games or travel as much as you want.

What say you?

Mister B,

I really like that idea. But I don't know if Meigs would bite off on that.
What do you think about these 4 TVC Divisions :?:

TVC-Cardinal Division
McArthur Vinton County D3
Gallipolis D4
The Plains Athens D3
Vincent Warren-Local D3
Marietta D2

TVC-Ohio Division
Wellston D4
Chesire River-Valley D4
Albany Alexander D4
Nelsonville-York D5
Pomeroy Meigs D4

TVC-Hocking Division
Crooksville D5
Corning Miller D6
Glouster Trimble D6
Belpre D5
Waterford D6

TVC-Buckeye Division
Stewart Federal Hocking D5
Racine Southern Meigs D6
Reedsville Eastern Meigs D6
Wahama, WV Class A
Mercerville South Gallia D6

What say you :?:

Twenty TVC Schools. Closely connected and evenly matched :?:
Last edited by Army on Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I like the idea of expading the TVC, but I think that may be to much for me. I think eight teams in each the Ohio and Hocking would be great.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Army...

2 problems I see from the 4 divisions concept...

1. Having a West Viriginia school as a member. I have nothing against WVA schools except for the fact that they have this weird starting time for their fall sports seasons. I think this was a problem when Point Pleasant was in the SEOAL and I know that Williamstown has dropped off of Belpre's football schedule for the next year or two because WVA is going through another of their weird cycles. Both schools are trying to find a game in the near future in weeks 2,3 or 4. Plus, WVA gives their schools 11 weeks to get 10 games in, we don't do that in Ohio.

2. I don't think the folks at Belpre would be very happy with some of the travel in the new Hocking division - namely Miller and Crooksville. I don't think they would like traveling to South Gallia either.

I would rather see larger schools coming into the league vs smaller schools, just my perference. If someone has a problem with it being called the "TVC" we can name it something else. As I remember, there used to be a league called the SEOBL, Southeastern Ohio Buckeye League that Belpre was in before the TVC.

Also, I think the travel in the 3 division setup with the teams mentioned would have a lot less travel involved with it. I think that is the direction a lot of schools are looking at.

JMO.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Mister B wrote:Army...

2 problems I see from the 4 divisions concept...

1. Having a West Viriginia school as a member. I have nothing against WVA schools except for the fact that they have this weird starting time for their fall sports seasons. I think this was a problem when Point Pleasant was in the SEOAL and I know that Williamstown has dropped off of Belpre's football schedule for the next year or two because WVA is going through another of their weird cycles. Both schools are trying to find a game in the near future in weeks 2,3 or 4. Plus, WVA gives their schools 11 weeks to get 10 games in, we don't do that in Ohio.

2. I don't think the folks at Belpre would be very happy with some of the travel in the new Hocking division - namely Miller and Crooksville. I don't think they would like traveling to South Gallia either.

I would rather see larger schools coming into the league vs smaller schools, just my perference. If someone has a problem with it being called the "TVC" we can name it something else. As I remember, there used to be a league called the SEOBL, Southeastern Ohio Buckeye League that Belpre was in before the TVC.

Also, I think the travel in the 3 division setup with the teams mentioned would have a lot less travel involved with it. I think that is the direction a lot of schools are looking at.

JMO.

I agree....but I don't think Meigs would want to play Marietta :?:
Last edited by Army on Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Orange and Brown: Can you elaborate? How did Warren snub the TVC? Do you mean when they left in the early 1980s?

Does anyone else know of any other reasons?

Again, I heard that it was a landslide vote AGAINST Warren. I heard that nearly all the schools voted against it. This seem counterintuitive to me given the reasons I listed above.

Is it really just the petty logic you described above? Warren snubbed the TVC?!

Seems to me that things like travel and revenue would be more important.

I'm starting to believe that the TVC teams just don't want to have to play Warren.

Mister B: I absolutely do not have the facts. But I "heard" that Belpre voted "NO" and that it surprised some folks. Again, this is just here say.

I would love to know that actual vote.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Like I said before I don't have any facts just rumors. It is true that some schools would not want to play Warren. But when your talking about bringing in a new team everyone kinda balks at first. Warren is pretty good in most sports and there seems to be some life in the football team, so they will be comming around soon. Now as to why let in athens but not Warren who knows. They offerd Crooksville a slot and they turned it down. If they really want to add one more team to the ohio divison then I think Warren would make a good fit.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

WarrenWarriorfan---Soccer is a bad word---- :-D
Potty mouth!!!!!

KIDDIN[/code][/quote]

Army
S

Post by Army »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Like I said before I don't have any facts just rumors. It is true that some schools would not want to play Warren. But when your talking about bringing in a new team everyone kinda balks at first. Warren is pretty good in most sports and there seems to be some life in the football team, so they will be comming around soon. Now as to why let in athens but not Warren who knows. They offerd Crooksville a slot and they turned it down. If they really want to add one more team to the ohio divison then I think Warren would make a good fit.

Orange and Brown,

I honestly thank so too. But if I had money on it.....River Valley will be the only school left if they want an 8 Team TVC-Ohio. Just my opinion. :-D

The three that have the best opportunity are:

1. Chesire River Valley D4 :?: :-D

2. Vincent Warren Local....rejected by TVC-Ohio

3. Crooksville D5 rejected TVC-Ohio's Offer to join the Conference

ARMY :-D

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Army,
I don't think Nelsonville would vote River Valley in. Everyone seemed glad that we wouldn't have to play them after this past year. I think that it might help RV build there program up if they did join. I hope that someone can turn it around those kids should know what it is like to win.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I don't know that there has ever been an official vote for Warren to join the TVC. As far as NY is concerned, I would think NY would vote yes. NY vs. Warren was a huge rivalry until Warren left in the mid 80s. Some NY vs. Warren football games were played on Saturday nights even. NY leads the all-time series with Warren. I don't think NY is afraid of Warren football as was suggested in an earlier post.

Warren geographically boarders Federal Hocking, Belpre, and Waterford. This means that if Warren joined the TVC, the TVC geographic map would be completely united. Every school district in the TVC geographic region would be in the TVC.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I don't know that there has ever been an official vote for Warren to join the TVC. As far as NY is concerned, I would think NY would vote yes. NY vs. Warren was a huge rivalry until Warren left in the mid 80s. Some NY vs. Warren football games were played on Saturday nights even. NY leads the all-time series with Warren. I don't think NY is afraid of Warren football as was suggested in an earlier post.

Warren geographically boarders Federal Hocking, Belpre, and Waterford. This means that if Warren joined the TVC, the TVC geographic map would be completely united. Every school district in the TVC geographic region would be in the TVC.

I to think that it would be a great matchup, and you are right it would link up the TVC

Army
S

Post by Army »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I don't know that there has ever been an official vote for Warren to join the TVC. As far as NY is concerned, I would think NY would vote yes. NY vs. Warren was a huge rivalry until Warren left in the mid 80s. Some NY vs. Warren football games were played on Saturday nights even. NY leads the all-time series with Warren. I don't think NY is afraid of Warren football as was suggested in an earlier post.

But I don't see Alexander, Wellston and Meigs voting for Warren either.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I could see Meigs voting yes and Alex maybe. I think your right about Wellston though

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I would also consider moving Fed Hock over to the Ohio and finding another small school to replace them in the Hocking

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

WARREN LOCAL WOULD BE A GREAT FIT IN TVC OHIO!
WOULD BE VERY COMPETITIVE IN ALL SPORTS!
I THINK THEY ARE HAPPY WHERE THEY ARE.

GO VIKES 8)

Return to “Football”