Portsmouth West 49 - 6 Northwest 2022 Playoffs

art_vandelay
SE

Re: SOC 1 Champs Northwest vs SOC 2 Champs West.

Post by art_vandelay »

No hangover for West as they took care of business tonight. I know they got another game to take care of first, but I could see their offensive line and running game causing Ironton problems.*

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

SiderSam wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:15 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:29 pm Unbelievable take your Qb out and put him at receiver.
Put in a freshman. WOW! That's brilliant.
It was probably best for him honestly. #3 took some nasty hits.
Pretty tough kid I must say! He’ll definitely be sore tomorrow.
Yeah your probably right. Just didn’t make since to me or a bunch of other people.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Portsmouth West 49 - 6 Northwest 2022 Playoffs

Post by mattash »

Portsmouth West 49 - 6 Northwest

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Welcome back to the SOC II Mohawks. They fought hard, especially their big back. He was getting a few yards in the beginning, but West is a different animal than green and ND. By the 3rd he was getting stuffed in the back field. Could have scored at will on offense. Lots of flags on both sides. Officials were terrible in general.

This team is clicking. And now on to a good Columbus Academy team at home once again. Keep the train rolling

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
sosfanswbb
Waterboy

Post by sosfanswbb »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:07 pm Welcome back to the SOC II Mohawks. They fought hard, especially their big back. He was getting a few yards in the beginning, but West is a different animal than green and ND. By the 3rd he was getting stuffed in the back field. Could have scored at will on offense. Lots of flags on both sides. Officials were terrible in general.

This team is clicking. And now on to a good Columbus Academy team at home once again. Keep the train rolling
Won 49-6 and still taking you shots at officials. I felt as the crew threw what needed thrown and even waved off two or three flags. People complain when officials throw flags, don’t throw flags, call fouls or don’t call fouls. I just don’t understand how you think the officiating was terrible in general. They say there is a mass shortage in officiating, step up if they are so bad and go try to make them better!!!

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

sosfanswbb wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:16 am
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:07 pm Welcome back to the SOC II Mohawks. They fought hard, especially their big back. He was getting a few yards in the beginning, but West is a different animal than green and ND. By the 3rd he was getting stuffed in the back field. Could have scored at will on offense. Lots of flags on both sides. Officials were terrible in general.

Won 49-6 and still taking you shots at officials. I felt as the crew threw what needed thrown and even waved off two or three flags. People complain when officials throw flags, don’t throw flags, call fouls or don’t call fouls. I just don’t understand how you think the officiating was terrible in general. They say there is a mass shortage in officiating, step up if they are so bad and go try to make them better!!!
I never said they were bad in favor of west or anyone. They were clueless on several occasions, against both teams. NWs center moved the ball a yard forward every time he came to the line and was never addressed. Watched several plays where NW players were taking late shots and we were flagged for personal fouls. That’s just just calls against west, there is head scratchers in favor of the Mohawks. I know there is a shortage, but if you can’t do any better than that, stay home.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

SOCobserver wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:45 pm These two schools are the same size with two common opponents. NW and West both beat Valley and Oak Hill easily. This is the best NW team to come along lately. So I think this will be a close game.
Bad take

M_newman
Waterboy

Post by M_newman »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:29 pm Unbelievable take your Qb out and put him at receiver.
I completely agree. As long as #12 is healthy, he should be the QB. That does not send him a good message for next season , his senior year.

SOCobserver
Waterboy

Post by SOCobserver »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:00 pm
SOCobserver wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:45 pm These two schools are the same size with two common opponents. NW and West both beat Valley and Oak Hill easily. This is the best NW team to come along lately. So I think this will be a close game.
Bad take
Completely bad. I was really hoping Northwest had improved since they dropped to SOC 1. Sadly it was the same result. Poor coaching and game plan made the kids suffer again.

sosfanswbb
Waterboy

Post by sosfanswbb »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:58 pm

I never said they were bad in favor of west or anyone. They were clueless on several occasions, against both teams. NWs center moved the ball a yard forward every time he came to the line and was never addressed. Watched several plays where NW players were taking late shots and we were flagged for personal fouls. That’s just just calls against west, there is head scratchers in favor of the Mohawks. I know there is a shortage, but if you can’t do any better than that, stay home.
Well, I agree about the center moving the ball forward and you have to think how he got away with that all season. Did it gain advantage? From what I saw most of the second half Northwest was losing 2-3 yards a play most of the time. As far as the major head scratcher in question would probably be the two UNS penalties on West and after the 15 yards and then half the distance put the ball somewhere around the 15 and 1st and 10 for West. Well, I know this may come as a shock but per high school rule (not college or pro) since the 1st down was gained prior to the foul the 1st down stands but because the foul happened prior to the ball being ready for the next play, the chains are reset for 1st and 10. If the ball would have been ready for the next play and then the fouls happen, then it would have been 1st and Forever. Maybe you should learn the rules or just stay home. You will regret saying for the officials to stay home because soon games are going to get canceled because of no officials.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

M_newman wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:54 pm
I completely agree. As long as #12 is healthy, he should be the QB. That does not send him a good message for next season , his senior year.
I hope he don't play.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

sosfanswbb wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:53 pm

Well, I agree about the center moving the ball forward and you have to think how he got away with that all season. Did it gain advantage? From what I saw most of the second half Northwest was losing 2-3 yards a play most of the time. As far as the major head scratcher in question would probably be the two UNS penalties on West and after the 15 yards and then half the distance put the ball somewhere around the 15 and 1st and 10 for West. Well, I know this may come as a shock but per high school rule (not college or pro) since the 1st down was gained prior to the foul the 1st down stands but because the foul happened prior to the ball being ready for the next play, the chains are reset for 1st and 10. If the ball would have been ready for the next play and then the fouls happen, then it would have been 1st and Forever. Maybe you should learn the rules or just stay home. You will regret saying for the officials to stay home because soon games are going to get canceled because of no officials.
I know what the rules are. And once again, I never said anything about that.

Sportsnut123
Waterboy

Post by Sportsnut123 »

Are you referring to the personal fouls that weren’t personal fouls, just like that touchdown northwest touch down that wasn’t a touch down for northwest? That’s 2 examples of how the officials performed that night. I wasn’t able to make the game, but heard about the officiating and watched the game on YouTube. I know good officiating is hard to come by and commend them for doing it, I sure wouldn’t for what they get paid.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Sportsnut123 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:23 pm

Are you referring to the personal fouls that weren’t personal fouls, just like that touchdown northwest touch down that wasn’t a touch down for northwest? That’s 2 examples of how the officials performed that night. I wasn’t able to make the game, but heard about the officiating and watched the game on YouTube. I know good officiating is hard to come by and commend them for doing it, I sure wouldn’t for what they get paid.
Yes the personal fouls especially. Northwest had 2 boys on top of one of ours and we got the flag. Was told the ref told the coach that he’s lucky he didn’t throw one of our boys out and you watch the film and he literally didn’t do anything, just guilty of being around the scene. And the other was on a long touchdown on the west side like. You could see the ref holding his flag the entire time he wanted to throw it so bad. He did throw it on what couldn’t have been a more text book and beautiful block. That flag was eventually waved off after discussion, but just the point I was making

SiderSam
Waterboy

Post by SiderSam »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:50 pm

Yes the personal fouls especially. Northwest had 2 boys on top of one of ours and we got the flag. Was told the ref told the coach that he’s lucky he didn’t throw one of our boys out and you watch the film and he literally didn’t do anything, just guilty of being around the scene. And the other was on a long touchdown on the west side like. You could see the ref holding his flag the entire time he wanted to throw it so bad. He did throw it on what couldn’t have been a more text book and beautiful block. That flag was eventually waved off after discussion, but just the point I was making
It was Eddie Deemer that was the official that said that about kicking out our player. We really need to get some West people out in stripes! If not it’s not going to be good! I would never take a ref crew that had a Porter Township supporter!

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

ALL TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS ARE ASSIGNED TO THE GAMES.

SiderSam
Waterboy

Post by SiderSam »

alabama mike wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:05 pm ALL TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS ARE ASSIGNED TO THE GAMES.
Yeah I know that and That’s why I said West needs to get some people out to ref, You never know who you will get, but Porter Township has 3 that I know of to our 0 lol and let’s face it we all know it is a big advantage.

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
SEOREF
Waterboy

Post by SEOREF »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:41 pm

lol @ siderblood

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

SEOREF wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:37 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:41 pm

lol @ siderblood
What exactly are you laughing at? Were you one of the refs on the field that night? If so, that was enough of a joke.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SiderSam wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:33 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:50 pm
It was Eddie Deemer that was the official that said that about kicking out our player. We really need to get some West people out in stripes! If not it’s not going to be good! I would never take a ref crew that had a Porter Township supporter!
You apparently know his name. Does he know yours? Perhaps you could introduce yourself and tell him your concerns

Return to “Football”