Portsmouth West 34 Portsmouth 7 2022

SiderBlood
All Conference

Re: West at PHS week 2. 2022.

Post by SiderBlood »

26-0 half. West is way too physical. Ptown cannot get anything going. The Siders are playing with a chip tonight and it shows. Different game plan completely than I would have but on. Irwin is lighting it up and using Sissel to keep em honest. Have to clean up the special team and bad snaps though.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Final 34-7 West

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

West is a really good team. They need to work on holding onto the ball though. Should be 2-0 honestly. Very physical on both sides of the ball. Irwin and Sissel were both impressive. Portsmouth got it handed to them. Tackling was bad, blocking was bad, nobody was open, special teams was bad. Trojans needs to man up and get more physical or they may only win another game or 2. Hopefully Lattimore is good to go next week, took a big hit and couldn’t play the 2nd half.

Who Dey!
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Great program win and confidence booster for this team. They started out strong, and didn't look back. Played with much more moxy and attitude. Vibe was fun and you could feel them having fun. I dont think anyone guessed our first 3 plays would be bombs but it worked. Defense played lights out, swarmed the ball, and was cracking pads. I think Wests physicality wore on ptown by the 2nd quarter. I could see kids bracing for contact. Sissel gets his yard the hard way. Tough kid. On a different note, we have to get the snaps figured out. Ball touches the ground way too much. And special teams will end up killing us in a close one if we don't find a fix very soon. PATs look terrible and the kickoffs just as bad. Always good to beat your rival, now let's get on a hot streak and go back to The Rock for the first time in ages.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

West just kicked us in the teeth , congrats on the win and good luck on the season.

We had no answer for nothing they did ,run pass etc , you can tackle sissel up high ,and you can't hit him and knock him down like we tried all night .

All we can do is get ready for next week,but honestly I don't see this team no better then 4 and six

thebestever1
Waterboy

Post by thebestever1 »

Great win for the West Side. Came in playing physical and it showed that Portsmouth couldn’t handle it all game. Started off with a bang Irwin to Bishop and that just took the life out of PHS. Can’t let one play decide the game and that’s a problem for the Trojans. Offensive line not handling a 3 man front is a BIG issue. Costly penalties for PHS doesn’t help either, especially a roughing the punter call on 4th and 15 that eventually led to a West TD. Have to clean things up next week or conference play for Portsmouth may be a problem when they run into teams like Ironton, Fairland, Gallia, and even CG.

thebestever1
Waterboy

Post by thebestever1 »

Great win for the West Side. Came in playing physical and it showed that Portsmouth couldn’t handle it all game. Started off with a bang Irwin to Bishop and that just took the life out of PHS. Can’t let one play decide the game and that’s a problem for the Trojans. Offensive line not handling a 3 man front is a BIG issue. Costly penalties for PHS doesn’t help either, especially a roughing the punter call on 4th and 15 that eventually led to a West TD. Have to clean things up next week or conference play for Portsmouth may be a problem when they run into teams like Ironton, Fairland, Gallia, and even CG.

thebestever1
Waterboy

Post by thebestever1 »

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Portsmouth West Senators on the win. Not much analysis here......West simply dominated the game from start to finish and was clearly the better team. The Trojans have given up 62 points in 2 games thus far. Continue doing that and it will be really difficult just to get to 5-5.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Re: Portsmouth West 34 Portsmouth 7 2022

Post by MrPerfect »

I watched the live stream and I must say didn’t expect a blowout.

WWE HALL OF FAME
RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Re: Portsmouth West 34 Portsmouth 7 2022

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Hey…I picked Trojans and was proved wrong!! Great game Siders!! Keep it up and keep proving me wrong for picking PHS!!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!

Return to “Football”