D4 Region 16 Semi-Final Waverly 8-0 at Massie 8-0

mlittle
SEOP

Re: D4 Region 16 Semi-Final Waverly 8-0 at Massie 8-0

Post by mlittle »

I got my 3 tickets locked in for Saturday and I don’t even have a relative playing. I’m sure you guys can get them if you put in the effort

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:26 pm I got my 3 tickets locked in for Saturday and I don’t even have a relative playing. I’m sure you guys can get them if you put in the effort
Don’t be posting that on Facebook now 😂

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Waverly's defense will take charge,
Waverly 42
Massie 24

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

football87 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:59 am
mlittle wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:26 pm I got my 3 tickets locked in for Saturday and I don’t even have a relative playing. I’m sure you guys can get them if you put in the effort
Don’t be posting that on Facebook now 😂
Don’t have Facebook. Might hit Twitter up with the great news tho

veer
JV Team

Post by veer »

smurray wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:10 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:46 pm Ok, now that we've discussed the radio guys and who would win in a head to head matchup looks like Campus Nation. Let's give this game what it deserves and let's shed some light on how this sucker, might unfold.

Clinton Massie always finds itself in this situation as far as the playoffs goes. Up front look for Massie to try and pound the rock and wear on waverly while trying to keep the offense off the field. Waverly offensively is going to be able to expose Massie in the secondary, they simply don't have the athletes to compete with what Waverly has out on the edges. This is typically why you see Massie ousted from the playoffs once they get up against more athletic teams. Look for Massie to try and apply pressure quickly in order to move Shanks from his mark. IF Waverly is able to hold that D-line and the blitzes at bay look for Waverly to take this game by 7.

Clinton Massie has put up some huge numbers on offense this season, when your lowest point total for the game is 42 against Archbishop Alter that's saying something. They can flat out score if Waverly isn't able to hold them up front, or at least slow them down Massie will take this game by 2-3 scores.

In the end look for Waverly to try and jump out early this could be a shoot out as I really just don't think Massie has the athletes to slow Waverly down, Massie's defense is going to have to start up front and with pressure and pressure and more pressure in order to help protect that secondary. Waverly 35-28 final.
I could be wrong, and I do believe the Waverly defense is way better than years past, but I don’t think 35 wins it. Granville and Wheelersburg both put up those numbers but Waverly scored more. I watched Massies first game of the season against Alter and their most recent game and they are very very good upfront and have some great backs. But their defense is very suspect against the pass. As said, Massie will have to get pressure on Shanks or he will eat them alive. The Waverly O-line has done an amazing job all year and Norwoods defense just may be better than Massies. If the Waverly O-line protects Shanks and the Tiger defense steps up with some stops, it will be the Tigers moving on to the Regional Championship at a larger neutral site.
Norwood has a better defense than Massie??? Ill pray for you......

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

If Waverly wins this week they WILL host next week. If they are going to higher seeds for the Regional Finals, which is insane, Waverly would assume the #1 seed since they beat Massie. This is the confusion that happens every year. Last year Waverly thought they would be the home seed since they were the #3 seed but since Bloom beat the #2 seed, they were the home team.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

Shoedaddy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:24 am If Waverly wins this week they WILL host next week. If they are going to higher seeds for the Regional Finals, which is insane, Waverly would assume the #1 seed since they beat Massie. This is the confusion that happens every year. Last year Waverly thought they would be the home seed since they were the #3 seed but since Bloom beat the #2 seed, they were the home team.
I’m confident that the OHSAA will screw it up for Waverly if that’s the case!

Jokerswild
Riding the Bench

Post by Jokerswild »

Shoedaddy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:24 am If Waverly wins this week they WILL host next week. If they are going to higher seeds for the Regional Finals, which is insane, Waverly would assume the #1 seed since they beat Massie. This is the confusion that happens every year. Last year Waverly thought they would be the home seed since they were the #3 seed but since Bloom beat the #2 seed, they were the home team.
I know in a normal playoff year that’s the way it works, but with the way they are doing it by following the basketball set up, do you keep your seed or take the higher seed like years past?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Crazy year for sure.....pulling hard for the kids down 32

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

veer wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:53 am
smurray wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:10 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:46 pm Ok, now that we've discussed the radio guys and who would win in a head to head matchup looks like Campus Nation. Let's give this game what it deserves and let's shed some light on how this sucker, might unfold.

Clinton Massie always finds itself in this situation as far as the playoffs goes. Up front look for Massie to try and pound the rock and wear on waverly while trying to keep the offense off the field. Waverly offensively is going to be able to expose Massie in the secondary, they simply don't have the athletes to compete with what Waverly has out on the edges. This is typically why you see Massie ousted from the playoffs once they get up against more athletic teams. Look for Massie to try and apply pressure quickly in order to move Shanks from his mark. IF Waverly is able to hold that D-line and the blitzes at bay look for Waverly to take this game by 7.

Clinton Massie has put up some huge numbers on offense this season, when your lowest point total for the game is 42 against Archbishop Alter that's saying something. They can flat out score if Waverly isn't able to hold them up front, or at least slow them down Massie will take this game by 2-3 scores.

In the end look for Waverly to try and jump out early this could be a shoot out as I really just don't think Massie has the athletes to slow Waverly down, Massie's defense is going to have to start up front and with pressure and pressure and more pressure in order to help protect that secondary. Waverly 35-28 final.
I could be wrong, and I do believe the Waverly defense is way better than years past, but I don’t think 35 wins it. Granville and Wheelersburg both put up those numbers but Waverly scored more. I watched Massies first game of the season against Alter and their most recent game and they are very very good upfront and have some great backs. But their defense is very suspect against the pass. As said, Massie will have to get pressure on Shanks or he will eat them alive. The Waverly O-line has done an amazing job all year and Norwoods defense just may be better than Massies. If the Waverly O-line protects Shanks and the Tiger defense steps up with some stops, it will be the Tigers moving on to the Regional Championship at a larger neutral site.
Norwood has a better defense than Massie??? Ill pray for you......
I meant McNicholas....

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

This year the OHSAA has said the higher seed will be the home team.
Last year and years before the home team was the team at the “top of the bracket” regardless of seed. Bloom Carroll was at the top of the bracket.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I think the only way Waverly hosts next week if they win is if Valley View beats Wyoming. #7 seed Valley View beat #2 seed Indian Hill last week, but they did not get to host this week. Valley View has to travel to #3 seed Wyoming, so they did not assume the #2 seed and get home field after beating Indian Hill. At least according to the OHSAA bracket.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:42 pm
I think the only way Waverly hosts next week if they win is if Valley View beats Wyoming. #7 seed Valley View beat #2 seed Indian Hill last week, but they did not get to host this week. Valley View has to travel to #3 seed Wyoming, so they did not assume the #2 seed and get home field after beating Indian Hill. At least according to the OHSAA bracket.
Yeah that's not the way it works it doesnt matter if you beat a higher seeded team you always are gonna be the #seed that you were at the beginning of the playoffs no matter who u beat it's always been that way every year

Burg grad 85
The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

From Coach Crabtree
Mr. Dickens has spoken with the superintendent of Clinton-Massie and was able to get a slight increase in the number of tickets. Ticket codes will be distributed as follows:
Seniors-offered 4 tickets
Juniors-2 tickets
Freshman/sophomore starters-2 tickets
Codes will be available to be picked up at the high school office from 12:00-4:00 Friday. Codes not picked up will be given to Coach Crabtree and distributed at practice Friday. Codes not purchased by noon on Saturday will be released for others to purchase.
We chose to only get 2 for our senior so that somewhat else can use the others.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

scott1297 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:00 pm
Yeah that's not the way it works it doesnt matter if you beat a higher seeded team you always are gonna be the #seed that you were at the beginning of the playoffs no matter who u beat it's always been that way every year
Not how it was last year for Waverly vs Bloom. Waverly was a higher seed and had to sit on the visitors side, as bloom was given the higher seed after they upset Indian Valley.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:11 pm
scott1297 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:00 pm

Not how it was last year for Waverly vs Bloom. Waverly was a higher seed and had to sit on the visitors side, as bloom was given the higher seed after they upset Indian Valley.
Real simple.....Up until this year, the team on the top of the bracket was the home team. This year, higher seeded team hosts until final 4 .

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I’m getting bombarded from Waverly fans about my tickets. Everyone needs to relax. Mine are media passes for the press box so I’m not actually taking tickets away from parents or family. Sheesh!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:08 pm
Kicker. wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:25 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:21 pm

Yep, Ridiculous really. I can understand if they don’t want Waverly’s live stream crew there, because they do have a free live stream on YouTube. But not allowing a radio crew? OHSAA should step in and move to a neutral site that can actually accommodate a Div 4 Regional semi. I’m sure they will be hearing from many Waverly folks in the next day or two. It may not change anything but can at least say you tried.

Personally I’m surprised that this game is being played with how many students at Clinton Massie have covid
This is what is surprising to me, how Clinton Massie is able to continue. They've got a large number of staff members that have tested positive as well as over 100 students currently in quarantine. They're claiming none of them are football players though, guess the starting QB doesn't count?? Eastern Pike and Berne Union was also moved to a bigger venue, however Clinton Massie will not agree to that.
Clinton-Massie just reported eight new COVID+ cases since last Thursday, which is a lot of cases for a small rural school. Genuinely curious how they’re planning on playing this.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

mlittle wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:47 pm I’m getting bombarded from Waverly fans about my tickets. Everyone needs to relax. Mine are media passes for the press box so I’m not actually taking tickets away from parents or family. Sheesh!
Like Piranha on a feeding frenzy probably and It's gonna be cold & wet anyway. The easy chair in the living room, food & snacks and the internet has been the way to go this year. :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:06 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:47 pm I’m getting bombarded from Waverly fans about my tickets. Everyone needs to relax. Mine are media passes for the press box so I’m not actually taking tickets away from parents or family. Sheesh!
Like Piranha on a feeding frenzy probably and It's gonna be cold & wet anyway. The easy chair in the living room, food & snacks and the internet has been the way to go this year. :lol:
That’s why I’m in the press box

Return to “Football”