No fans this fall

Paladin
SEOP

Re: No fans this fall

Post by Paladin »

BTW, there will be a second wave. Book that too.

Look at all the states where they have an R governor who opened their states early. Infections and deaths are climbing up the charts. Many of those people travel to other states.

Pass the popcorn. You ain’t seen nothing yet.

Have gun, will travel
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:38 am Tom Pavlansky is the President of the OHSFCA. He is also my neighbor. I’ll take his input over yours.

The reasons I’ve outlined are the same for him. Sports remain in doubt.
Yea, sure. And you're a D1 talent scout too. It's a shame people like you are rooting for a second wave. We'll see what happens, but as Dspy says sports are on for now.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Yep, pretty sad they sit around and hope for a second wave... like I said political agendas..

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:11 pm BTW, there will be a second wave. Book that too.

Look at all the states where they have an R governor who opened their states early. Infections and deaths are climbing up the charts. Many of those people travel to other states.

Rooting for more deaths again I see. WOW! The numbers going up is largely due to more testing. Also, they're going back and counting deaths from previous months. No, they're not telling you that. They're just saying "todays death totals are..." If you want to talk about a real crime, look into to what the Governor of NY did to the nursing homes.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:11 pm BTW, there will be a second wave. Book that too.

The democratic states lead all states with numbers.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I rest my case

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Blitz wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:51 am
Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:41 am 1.9 million plus cases (known) and over 111k deaths and climbing. What could go wrong ?
mother nature just doing a little spring cleaning nothing to see here
Nuts. Lots of apathetic's. Give up on here, Paladin. I have. :lol: I love football (doing what we want) just as anybody else, but thee unconcerned may see here in a few weeks or more if C-19 fires back up worse than it was. I'm hoping and praying it don't.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:55 pm Image

I rest my case
😂😂 exactly

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Trench- I hear you. Here’s the problem. There is no vaccine. Science is firm , there WILL be a second wave as bad or worse than the first. More people are going to die or be maimed needlessly. The clueless see nothing wrong with playing a game. They have no problem with others dying or being maimed. Thus, as I say, if that’s what you want, let it be you and yours dying and being maimed, not me or mine.

We will revisit this as the virus gains its second wind.

Have gun, will travel
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:15 pm Trench- I hear you. Here’s the problem. There is no vaccine. Science is firm , there WILL be a second wave as bad or worse than the first. More people are going to die or be maimed needlessly. The clueless see nothing wrong with playing a game. They have no problem with others dying or being maimed. Thus, as I say, if that’s what you want, let it be you and yours dying and being maimed, not me or mine.

Your opinion is noted. You redirect quickly from simple observations, like the picture above. Please don't lecture social distancing when elected officials put out statements like above. You have replied to me that you have went to the grocery store. What if you are an asymptomatic carrier? How do you know? Have you been tested this week? If you only go when you need to, it still means you go.

Death is inevitable. Don't live in fear. Enjoy life man. It's almost as if you need want it to happen to prove your point, which perplexes me.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:15 pm Trench- I hear you. Here’s the problem. There is no vaccine. Science is firm , there WILL be a second wave as bad or worse than the first. More people are going to die or be maimed needlessly. The clueless see nothing wrong with playing a game. They have no problem with others dying or being maimed. Thus, as I say, if that’s what you want, let it be you and yours dying and being maimed, not me or mine.

I think so too, Paladin. Need vaccine, and proven meds to take if one gets it to knock it down. Man oh Man, those protest's of thousands upon thousands of people across the land couldn't have came at a worse time. Some wearing masks and some not. Even protesters in other countries over the bad cop situation as well. Also all the reopening of many things mixed in with it. Not good. IMO, The masks are not enough to stop the virus/washing hands etc. It helps but not full proof. People also get lazy thinking if they haven't caught it yet they are not going to. The masks are uncomfy, and most are tired of wearing them at work, and when they are out. You can just see what is about to happen. I hope not, but I agree, see ya on here later. Pretty good chance of a bigger C-19 second wind.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

I can’t believe these adults leading these young children and teens into these games. Where’s the adult leadership. Does these games mean that much that your willing to take that chance with kids. They act like we are inVincible and by darn we’re showing you people. We’re playing. Look in stands around the stands. Look at groups hanging out and who’s leading and setting a high standard here. I hope school boards and the Ohio athletic association is aware of what is happening. No social distancing. No wearing masks. No hand cleaning.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Will the people, kids. Parents. Be isolated for 14 days before be allowed around teammates and schools when schools open. If I had a kid and he obeyed the rules. And then all these kids not social distancing. Or practicing guidelines come to schools and infects the student body Will school boards demand that all students be tested since they ran wild all summer

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Let’s say we have a team that is favorite in there region to be in top 8. Let’s say the first two games they play is against teams that has huge computer points. Ok if one kid tests positive the first week then whole team is off 14 days at home. This team will forfeit these games and lose all these points, hence they will not make playoffs. These are huge thoughts and more than likely to happen

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Or week 10 someone test positive. Team will forfeit playoff games because of not following guidelines. And kids being asytompmatic and spreading. School boards and OHSSA has huge ramifications ahead of them.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

WHO just released today that asymptomatic transmission is, in their words, “very rare.” Many people are asymptomatic if they get it. Also, there are currently zero active cases in Washington County, the county with the most cases in SEO. Just two facts that I am putting out there. If people don’t feel safe going to a game, don’t go, that is perfectly your right. But it is equally another person’s right to attend games and not be harassed about it. So far I have heard much more than I’ve seen in regards to this virus. It is something to be taken seriously, but is it worth completely upending our society?

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

It is depressing to read Paladin and Prime Time’s posts.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:38 am Tom Pavlansky is the President of the OHSFCA. He is also my neighbor. I’ll take his input over yours.

The reasons I’ve outlined are the same for him. Sports remain in doubt.
Yeah yet they still practice, so once again you have zero facts. Is there a chance they don't play absolutely I don't care who your neighbor is. You haven't outlined anything, bottom line they're still practicing, so your hearsay BBQ chit chat with neighbor means nothing.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:35 pm I can’t believe these adults leading these young children and teens into these games. Where’s the adult leadership. Does these games mean that much that your willing to take that chance with kids. They act like we are inVincible and by darn we’re showing you people. We’re playing. Look in stands around the stands. Look at groups hanging out and who’s leading and setting a high standard here. I hope school boards and the Ohio athletic association is aware of what is happening. No social distancing. No wearing masks. No hand cleaning.
What's happening?? Teams I know are limiting numbers, doing social distancing, having multiple sessions to limit the number of kids. Once again the teams I know of are practicing better social distancing than the general public. I think the 50K that showed up to protest in California pose a much bigger threat. You can't believe the coaches leading the kids??? Pretty stupid comment really it ultimately comes down to parents and whether they want to allow their kid to play or not.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

When does the second phase of the re-entry process begin?? And what will be different??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”