Minford 14 - 17 Oak Hill

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Upset Alert

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:08 am West isn't that bad, they play hard-nosed, but Minford seems like they're a team they plays accordingly to their competition. Burg 21-20 OT, West by 3-scores. Oak Hill Trap game, but Burg beat Oak Hill 55-0 and Minford loses 17-14. Bewildering! :oops:
I've said it before, over the years Minford has had a good team but the loss to burg always brings on the wheels falling off their season. I wanted to see what happened this year, now getting upset by OH and taking on a tough Waverly team at Waverly has Minford looking at 7-3 and that's with a must win against valley in week 10. Shouldn't be shocked by it, it's just history repeating itself.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: Minford 14 - 17 Oak Hill

Post by NewEra »

Da Bears wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:14 am Minford fans complaining for years about Coach Daniels running the Wing-T, winning 8 or more games each year, and playoff trips. Hey, you got your spread offense and 5-5 records. Enjoy!!
Daniels did a great job at Minford and the majority appreciated that especially after the dumpster fire that was the regime prior. I know I enjoyed watching meaningful football as a Falcon fan during mid October to November. Daniels wasn’t all Wing T either, he would use multiple sets and formations especially with that 2010 team that would even give you a 5 wide running QB look with Mark Slone often going no huddle out of it. I can’t speak on the scouting and all the other claims I’m just going to hope that Minford will get back up emotionally and have a great effort vs Waverly and Valley because they are going to be huge for playoff positioning, rather not have a first round trip to Burg or Wood. I’m sure Ruby will evaluate and get the boys prepared to get after Waverly, just stay the course.
Last edited by NewEra on Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Congrats to Coach Bigg'en (Carver), as everyone on the West Side calls him. Every one over here is proud of ya.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Da Bears wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:14 am Minford fans complaining for years about Coach Daniels running the Wing-T, winning 8 or more games each year, and playoff trips. Hey, you got your spread offense and 5-5 records. Enjoy!!
No they didnt complain about the wing t. Every football fan in Minford liked that offense so go back to your hole.

The HC offensive play calling, delay of game penalties in critical times and his overall stubbornness is the issue. The spread is great for this group of players but for some reason he thinks he can pound the RB between the tackles all night. Just like with Burg.

Nepotism.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I don't think anyone ever complained of the Wing-T offense. I think if anything ppl wanted to see more of it and ran to perfection, and not jumping in and out of multiple offenses all night. Daniels had a great powerlifting program, and Minford doesn't have that now and it shows. It was a different mentality then. The type of attitude It was, We're step off the bus and bust the other team right in the mouth, laugh at them and do it again.

The problem is also Minford getting beat in the trenches, b/c they're not as strong as the other teams. They use speed workouts and not powerlifting. Again, this is another example of not delegating responsibility (due to stubborness) to other coaches and letting them do what they're good at doing.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Why be that stubborn ? If that is the case , someone needs to take a long look in the mirror. The reflection staring back is not Nick Saban.

JustMyObservation
Waterboy

Post by JustMyObservation »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:01 am
JustMyObservation wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:13 am
14U wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:48 am

Doesn’t make since down two scores and in there! Get ready for next week, hope he is able, he was walking slowly after game
It makes perfect sense —-35 seconds is a lot of time with 30 yards to go and three timeouts. —- take him out and you could of just ran out the clock. The whole city of Waverly would of been infuriated!
It makes absolutely unequivocally zero sense to have him in the game period. Everyone in the stands watched a kid play with barely the ability to walk.
And I can agree with that statement. As hard as it is to stomach, he shouldn’t be back this year. I’m not questioning that. Somehow they decided to give him the go ahead. I’m not Shanks his parents or the coach. But to question it after he gets hurt in a loss is pretty convenient!!! Speaking up after the injury is weak while having no problem to see him play as long as they win is what I’m arguing!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Football is football. Throw records out and paper stats as well. Wisconsin just got beat on last second fg by Illinois. Minford still has a shot at a home playoff game. If the Falcons can play sound football.

JustMyObservation
Waterboy

Everything changes week to week.... you are right!

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

JustMyObservation wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:46 pm
JustMyObservation wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:13 am

It makes perfect sense —-35 seconds is a lot of time with 30 yards to go and three timeouts. —- take him out and you could of just ran out the clock. The whole city of Waverly would of been infuriated!
It makes absolutely unequivocally zero sense to have him in the game period. Everyone in the stands watched a kid play with barely the ability to walk.
And I can agree with that statement. As hard as it is to stomach, he shouldn’t be back this year. I’m not questioning that. Somehow they decided to give him the go ahead. I’m not Shanks his parents or the coach. But to question it after he gets hurt in a loss is pretty convenient!!! Speaking up after the injury is weak while having no problem to see him play as long as they win is what I’m arguing!
If he is that hurt then it shouldn’t be about football at that point it should be about his well being. If he had to be carried off the field then he shouldn’t be on the field and that has zero to do with football and everything to do about his future.i also don’t know what the coach’s or his parents are thinking but they are going to ruin this kids future if they keep trying to play him.

JustMyObservation
Waterboy

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:37 am

If he is that hurt then it shouldn’t be about football at that point it should be about his well being. If he had to be carried off the field then he shouldn’t be on the field and that has zero to do with football and everything to do about his future.i also don’t know what the coach’s or his parents are thinking but they are going to ruin this kids future if they keep trying to play him.
Completely Correct! I’m just amazed at how people mainly Waverly fans had nothing to say until he was carried off the field! Then they want to jump the coach like this information is something new! If Waverly would of won it would of been business as usual for all the “concerned”.No one is on here jumping the Wheelersburg coach for allowing his QB to finish. And props to that kid! He has guts. But if you are truly concerned then speak up before. Not after a loss.... being within striking distance down two scores doesn’t have the game out of question.... if they would of scored and got the onside and had one more attempt it would be all silent right now....there was not one peep about the decision when he was hobbled down 35-28 two minutes before!

I’m not questioning the decision to let him play or not play. Just the fake concern after he gets hurt!

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:41 pm Congrats to Coach Bigg'en (Carver), as everyone on the West Side calls him. Every one over here is proud of ya.
Congratulations big guy.

I coached with Paul at the West Side it is great to see him and the team get a great victory.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

JustMyObservation wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:23 am
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:37 am

Completely Correct! I’m just amazed at how people mainly Waverly fans had nothing to say until he was carried off the field! Then they want to jump the coach like this information is something new! If Waverly would of won it would of been business as usual for all the “concerned”.No one is on here jumping the Wheelersburg coach for allowing his QB to finish. And props to that kid! He has guts. But if you are truly concerned then speak up before. Not after a loss.... being within striking distance down two scores doesn’t have the game out of question.... if they would of scored and got the onside and had one more attempt it would be all silent right now....there was not one peep about the decision when he was hobbled down 35-28 two minutes before!

I’m not questioning the decision to let him play or not play. Just the fake concern after he gets hurt!
I questioned it way before the game in the burg waverly thread but I also knew about it. Those who weren’t there, I’m telling you the kid could barely take a step without limping in warmups. There’s a difference in the burg QB. He could move with his injury. I’m sure it hurt but he actually ran the ball once he got in there. The waverly kid couldn’t. That’s the difference.

JustMyObservation
Waterboy

Once again I’m not criticizing anyone’s decision other than Fans whining after the fact. I agree with everything you are saying.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

This was Oak Hill’s first win at Minford since 1996.

GRF
Waterboy

Post by GRF »

Congratulations to the Oaks. Impressive win over a good Minford team.

Return to “Football”