What's next for the SEOAL?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: What's next for the SEOAL?

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote:93 -- take off your pointy hat and post the enrollment numbers of the schools who joined the league when it formed .......................... 80+years ago. Athens at one time was larger than Logan. So was Jackson, Marietta, Zanesville, Ironton, Chillicothe and Portsmouth. Times change enrollments. When Logan joined the league and faced bigger cities/schools, no one complained. The fact remains, Athens sucked and ran from the league. They joined the TVC as a D-II school with much smaller teams. That's the sad facts. When teams can't compete, they run away and join smaller, weaker leagues.

You look foolish. Logan never joined a small team league. Athens did !
and Logan sucks now, Athens would beat Logan 80 to 0 4 years in a row. Athens could be d4 next year. Logan since 2010 is the laughing stock of SEO in ALL SPORTS!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Paladin wrote:They joined the TVC as a D-II school with much smaller teams.
50% of the league is DII schools!

Athens - DII
Vinton County - DII
Meigs - DII

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

93Bulldog wrote:
Paladin wrote:They joined the TVC as a D-II school with much smaller teams.
50% of the league is DII schools!

Athens - DII
Vinton County - DII
Meigs - DII
In basketball.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

TVC Ohio Football

Athens D3
VC D3

Meigs D4

Alexander D5
Wellston D5

Nelsonville D6

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

The quickest Athens can go down to D4 in football is the 2015 season. The numbers were just redone for this season and last two years - 2013 and 2014.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

And those are the facts.

Foolish 8)

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
Paladin wrote:93 -- take off your pointy hat and post the enrollment numbers of the schools who joined the league when it formed .......................... 80+years ago. Athens at one time was larger than Logan. So was Jackson, Marietta, Zanesville, Ironton, Chillicothe and Portsmouth. Times change enrollments. When Logan joined the league and faced bigger cities/schools, no one complained. The fact remains, Athens sucked and ran from the league. They joined the TVC as a D-II school with much smaller teams. That's the sad facts. When teams can't compete, they run away and join smaller, weaker leagues.

and Logan sucks now, Athens would beat Logan 80 to 0 4 years in a row. Athens could be d4 next year. Logan since 2010 is the laughing stock of SEO in ALL SPORTS!!!
TRACK!

At least, We did not cut and run! My boy Paladin is right on point! Oh by the way the bullpuppies will be back on Logan's schedule in 2014. Wait a minute, tell us when Logan last beat the bullpuppies in Basketball! 2013 Logan 70 Athens 69

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

moonshine wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:

TRACK!

At least, We did not cut and run! My boy Paladin is right on point! Oh by the way the bullpuppies will be back on Logan's schedule in 2014. Wait a minute, tell us when Logan last beat the bullpuppies in Basketball! 2013 Logan 70 Athens 69
so why did Logan drop Athens in basketball. U cut and run. Athens and Logan have no business playing each other. Be like Logan of 2013 playing the 2000 Logan team
Last edited by Raider6309 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Logan has 200 more boys than Athens. Athens is pretty much in the seoal. Blew out the top 3 teams. Logan is big fish, small pond. I thought biggest joke when you guys said Logan could compete in the occ
Whoever said that? I've never seen Logan fans talking about that with ANY kind of a consensus. The OCC would be a disaster for Logan for about a million reasons.

I really wanted to stay out of this debate but someone needs to give RAIDER a reality check.

Logan HAS beaten multiple OCC Division champions (Pickerington (pre-split), Westerville South, Pickerington North). When we're at our best we can compete there. Problem is when we're not at our best we'll get crushed up there.

The reality is that your Bulldogs haven't beaten Logan since 1995. You can talk all you want about "IF" we played and Athens "COULD" beat Logan 80-0. The facts are Athens hasn't done it almost 20 years. Twelve straight purple and white wins.

Since I started LoganFootball.com in 1999, the Athens/Logan game in football has only been competitive twice. TWICE! Every other year Athens was the door mat.

Remember it was YOUR Bulldogs who lost to the SEOAL Champions (Gallipolis) in 2012. It was YOUR Bulldogs who lost to the SEOAL Champions (Jackson) in 2011.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Pol Pot wrote:I find it funny how Logan fans keep referring to Athens and their size comparable to the TVC, but fail to realize that their numbers are even a greater disparity in the SEOAL.
I find it funny how much everyone outside of Logan OBSESSES over school size.

It's about COMPETITION not size. Marietta was the largest school in the SEOAL until around 2000 and were the 2nd largest until they left in 2010. Yet they are the 5th worst team ALL-TIME in the SEOAL bettering only River Valley, Nelsonville, Waverly, and Nelsonville-York.

Reality check: Logan got crushed by Lancaster but handled Newark. Both schools are the same size.

Reality check: Logan got crushed by Loudonville but handled Nelsonville-York. Both schools are pretty much the same size (were in the same region last year).

There are D6-D7 PUBLIC schools in NW Ohio that would routinely clean the clocks of pretty much EVERY school in SE Ohio, including Logan.

Final Reality check: The TVC-Ohio is comprised largely of schools who left the SEOAL because they weren't competitive. Some have used travel as the excuse, but if you look at the TVC schools who left the SEOAL (Meigs, Athens, Wellston, River Valley, Nelsonville-York) and are now in the TVC, only two (Meigs and Athens) were .500 or better. Those 5 schools had a combined 162 years in the league and combined for 19 league titles (12 of those belong to Athens, 6 to Wellston mainly in the '50s).
Last edited by loganlocos on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

So Logan was at best from 1999 to 2009 in football, so yes they beat some lower lvl occ schools. Fact is Logan has only had post season success in 2000. Reaching regional finals before getting blown out. Logan being in the seoal is like Athens in the tvc hocking

so Athens wasn't successful but has 30 more league titles then Logan.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Your "final" reality check is worded wrong locos. The TVC was chartered by 4 schools who hadn't been in the SEOAL (VC, Belpre, Fed Hock, Warren) Athens, Wellston, Meigs, and NY are just 4 out of 16 TVC schools that made the jump. I don't count River Valley because they didn't make a direct jump from one to the other. I get what you're saying though locos.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I have been saying for years that the REAL problem in SEO isn't school sizes -- ITS COMPETITION. Everyone down there RUNS from it. Athens included . Teams who ran from the SEOAL couldn't compete. Had nothing to do with their size. When Athens left for the TVC, they were a D-II school.

Some of you look really FOOLISH !

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Paladin wrote:I have been saying for years that the REAL problem in SEO isn't school sizes -- ITS COMPETITION. Everyone down there RUNS from it. Athens included . Teams who ran from the SEOAL couldn't compete. Had nothing to do with their size. When Athens left for the TVC, they were a D-II school.

Actually, Athens was DIII in their first year of TVC competition.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote:I have been saying for years that the REAL problem in SEO isn't school sizes -- ITS COMPETITION. Everyone down there RUNS from it. Athens included . Teams who ran from the SEOAL couldn't compete. Had nothing to do with their size. When Athens left for the TVC, they were a D-II school.

Paladin, u are not getting it, schools go through cycles. Logan was at its best when d1. Now they are the doormat and Athens is blowing out the seoal. Athens still plays the seoal in every sport for games. Athens likes the tvc because the gates are huge. Seoal doesn't travel. Money talks

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Dundas wrote:Your "final" reality check is worded wrong locos. The TVC was chartered by 4 schools who hadn't been in the SEOAL (VC, Belpre, Fed Hock, Warren) Athens, Wellston, Meigs, and NY are just 4 out of 16 TVC schools that made the jump. I don't count River Valley because they didn't make a direct jump from one to the other. I get what you're saying though locos.
Duly noted. Edited my post. Thanks.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

LoganLocos wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:Logan has 200 more boys than Athens. Athens is pretty much in the seoal. Blew out the top 3 teams. Logan is big fish, small pond. I thought biggest joke when you guys said Logan could compete in the occ
Whoever said that? I've never seen Logan fans talking about that with ANY kind of a consensus. The OCC would be a disaster for Logan for about a million reasons.

I really wanted to stay out of this debate but someone needs to give RAIDER a reality check.

Logan HAS beaten multiple OCC Division champions (Pickerington (pre-split), Westerville South, Pickerington North). When we're at our best we can compete there. Problem is when we're not at our best we'll get crushed up there.

The reality is that your Bulldogs haven't beaten Logan since 1995. You can talk all you want about "IF" we played and Athens "COULD" beat Logan 80-0. The facts are Athens hasn't done it almost 20 years. Twelve straight purple and white wins.

Since I started LoganFootball.com in 1999, the Athens/Logan game in football has only been competitive twice. TWICE! Every other year Athens was the door mat.

Remember it was YOUR Bulldogs who lost to the SEOAL Champions (Gallipolis) in 2012. It was YOUR Bulldogs who lost to the SEOAL Champions (Jackson) in 2011.
Remember it was YOUR Chieftains who got blown out by TVC runner up D5 N-Y in 2012. It was YOUR Chieftains who got blown out by TVC runner up D5 N-Y in 2011 also. Just sayin. :122245

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Apparently, Raider, reading was a problem for you in school. Logan is currently in FIRST place in the league, thank you very much. Second, when Logan did lose, they DID NOT run from the league as Athens did and others before them. The more people talk about this subject they just look completely foolish. I look forward to Logan - Athens football games again. We'll see who gets "blownout" :lol:

Does this mean Athens now has a new set of gonads and is returning to the SEOAL where they will "blow everyone out " ? 8)

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

RAIDER6309 wrote:So Logan was at best from 1999 to 2009 in football, so yes they beat some lower lvl occ schools. Fact is Logan has only had post season success in 2000. Reaching regional finals before getting blown out. Logan being in the seoal is like Athens in the tvc hocking

so Athens wasn't successful but has 30 more league titles then Logan.
First - this is the football forum. I'm talking about football. Athens was a doormat.

Lower level occ schools - like the 11-0 pickerington tigers in 2000? Or OCC division champions Westerville South the same year? Or 2007 OCC division champs Pick North?

Only had postseason success in 2000? Did you miss 2008 and 2009?

Congrats on Athens success. They have a great football team. But let's not act like they're the first and only great team.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

RAIDER6309 wrote:

Paladin, u are not getting it, schools go through cycles. Logan was at its best when d1. Now they are the doormat and Athens is blowing out the seoal. Athens still plays the seoal in every sport for games. Athens likes the tvc because the gates are huge. Seoal doesn't travel. Money talks

1) Athens has not beaten a champion from the SEOAL yet. Read above.

2) Athens is improved at the gate b/c THEIR OWN fans are finally showing up. Logan used to come fill up the visitor side and and half the Athens side. So did Jackson and Gallia. Maybe you're too young to remember.

Return to “Football”