Ironton Football and that Brutal Scedule!!!

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Re: Ironton Football and that Brutal Scedule!!!

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

local superstar wrote:No No No, they need to listen to Coach Endzone the Ultimate Armchair QB and run a BALANCED offense, you know, 50-50 like Lutz always did! BWHAHAHAHa
I'm a 60-40 guy myself, but nice try :lol:

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

cg-ironton fan wrote:
urban buck wrote:How many seniors does Ironton lose?

I think there is 9 listed on roster but only 2-3 of them was regular players!! some got injured and was out for year

who is coach T ?

what they need is HAMMER to take over the OFFENSE
Huh?? You don't know coach "T"??? Wow I'm shocked! The Tigers scrimmaged him just months ago...

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Endzone_Warrior wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:
urban buck wrote:How many seniors does Ironton lose?

I think there is 9 listed on roster but only 2-3 of them was regular players!! some got injured and was out for year

who is coach T ?

what they need is HAMMER to take over the OFFENSE
Huh?? You don't know coach "T"??? Wow I'm shocked! The Tigers scrimmaged him just months ago...

well spell the whole word I am a little slow triplett LOL :122245

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

:mrgreen: Sorry some people get all bent outta shape when you use name on here..

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:They need to go back to basics and run, run, run the ball quit listening to all the coaches in the stands who wants to run the oopty dooty pass formation. Ironton is a running team. Stick with what you know dont change the formula. You can add wrinkles, but keep the basic formula run run run.

that's what we did this year runnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 426(74%) times and passed 153 (26%) times and the defense ate our offense up cause they knew what we was gonna do

that last game it was like they key on cox and palladion and they took them out of the game , I just watched that game on tv and those 2 boys was getting killed everytime they touched the ball (had 2-4 defense players on them immediately)

its obvious those 2 r the play makers so don't get me wrong but I would just think if the love was spread around some a defense couldn't key those 2

those 2 boys could score on any given play from anywhere on the field(they are that good)

IMO that's why ironton offense =15 pts a game this year the defense knew how to beat ironton by taking them 2 out

To many passes. Run run run, it worked for 30 some years. You run the ball inside and run it inside then when the defense sucks in you can hit an option play or you hit a play action with the tight end down the middle. Gotta have patience, cant just abandon the run game after 1 series.

O-A-K-S#1
Waterboy

Post by O-A-K-S#1 »

Best coach I know!!! Mr. "T". Lol

O-A-K-S#1
Waterboy

Post by O-A-K-S#1 »

Nothing says I am a chest thumper like running the ball down someone's throat. Or for negative yardage time and time again.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

moonshine wrote:I was informed that the tigers have an week 6 open date 2014? if true why not schedule the bullpuppies!
Just check there 2014 schedules would fill up both for 2014 week 6

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

moonshine wrote:
moonshine wrote:I was informed that the tigers have an week 6 open date 2014? if true why not schedule the bullpuppies!
Irontons schedule is full the next 2 years.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
moonshine wrote:
The school needs update the calendar!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
moonshine wrote:
I have 8-29 @ wheelersburg
9-5
9-11 @ Amanda clearcreek
9-19
9-26 @ Portsmouth
10-3
10-10 st Charles (home)
10-17 meigs (home)
10-24 @ Jackson
10-31 raceland (home)

can u fill in those 3 empty slots for me ? and can anyone verify if the game against Amanda clearcreek is really on Thursday night ?

thanks

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

After what happened at burg last Friday night I am about 70-30 % sure he will be available so not sure if this is just people having some fun on this thread or if they really do want him back.

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

yes the Amanda game is on a Thursday but have no idea why and it looks like you have 3or4 open weeks next year but I am sure others probably more info on that.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

jagered wrote:After what happened at burg last Friday night I am about 70-30 % sure he will be available so not sure if this is just people having some fun on this thread or if they really do want him back.
Neither Coach of either team is in any trouble over that game.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

Oak Hill is off the schedule for 2014, but back on in week 6 in 2015 according to the schedule on OHSAA. Will that change due to Ironton's entry into the OVC?

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

9-5 should be at Russell and 9-19 should be home with Ashland which is supposed to be the first game on the new turf.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Maybe the Tigers can pick up Marshall or Ohio, talk about strength of schedule! :lol:

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

The Oaf wrote:Maybe the Tigers can pick up Marshall or Ohio, talk about strength of schedule! :lol:

hopefully marshall is picked up = HAMMER LOL

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:They need to go back to basics and run, run, run the ball quit listening to all the coaches in the stands who wants to run the oopty dooty pass formation. Ironton is a running team. Stick with what you know dont change the formula. You can add wrinkles, but keep the basic formula run run run.

that's what we did this year runnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 426(74%) times and passed 153 (26%) times and the defense ate our offense up cause they knew what we was gonna do

that last game it was like they key on cox and palladion and they took them out of the game , I just watched that game on tv and those 2 boys was getting killed everytime they touched the ball (had 2-4 defense players on them immediately)

its obvious those 2 r the play makers so don't get me wrong but I would just think if the love was spread around some a defense couldn't key those 2

those 2 boys could score on any given play from anywhere on the field(they are that good)

IMO that's why ironton offense =15 pts a game this year the defense knew how to beat ironton by taking them 2 out
How in the world are those stats right?

Ironton ran 579 offensive plays in 10 games and only scored 149 points? How in the world?

By comparison Burg ran 544 plays and scored 437 points.
Valley ran 474 plays and scored 394 points.

Those numbers have to be wrong. I don't see how a 3-7 ran 105 more plays than a team that was 10-0 and trailed for a grand total of 8:01 all season. Valley hasn't trailed since the 3rd quarter of week 1, so they have had the ball a lot.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

i am pretty sure there right i used the famous ironton tribune for all games!!! i just checked on elitetristatesports they have through 7 games 300 run 118 pass

Return to “Football”