BESIDES TURF, WHAT'S NEXT FOR THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: BESIDES TURF, WHAT'S NEXT FOR THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGER

Post by Trojan_Pride »

tigercannon71 wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:example old coal grove football run up the gut u could sit in stands and call the play before its run all I am saying is if people in stands know the play I am just wondering what the defense knows ????

any mediocre to good team will shut down any team that only uses 2 players and runs the majority of the time !! it don't matter if u got 5 brutes(350)+ or 5 wimps on that line it just wont work!!!

ps the run to pass ratio the runs will always be higher and they should be
Theres a big difference in the defense knowing the play and being able to stop it. If its working you don't stop running it till the defense stops it. Then if the defense stops it you run a couple more plays and go back to the previous play they couldn't stop.
If you only got 2 good backs would you would run the mediocre backs? Ironton had 3 good backs to choose from this year that's why they were the main ball carriers.
ironton has 2 players that can score on any given play that's why we had 1 of the worst offense's in the tristate (15pts game) those 2 players was shut down before stepping on the field!!! so yes use all 6 players and what you will see is the 2 players that can score on any given play have ALOT more TD'S because you will force the defense to go 1 on 1 with them!!! right now the defense is going 2-3-4 on 1 vs those 2 players!!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

1 on 1? You're talking like this is basketball. This is football it's only 1 on 1 if the secondary is in man coverage and we are passing. It doesn't matter who carries the ball if our line doesn't block. That's the key issue our line play needs to improve greatly. If our line play gets to where it needs to be then those 2 backs that can score from anywhere will not be stopped.
Our scoring average wasn't down because defenses keyed on 2 players it was down because the offensive play calling was crap.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I don't think it will get much better if we don't hit the weight room harder. I have seen comments on here about their really working hard in the weight room. Well I observed it myself and I would grade it about C minus.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well that ain't good then.
we have been getting shoved around way too much.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

tigercannon71 wrote:1 on 1? You're talking like this is basketball. This is football it's only 1 on 1 if the secondary is in man coverage and we are passing. It doesn't matter who carries the ball if our line doesn't block. That's the key issue our line play needs to improve greatly. If our line play gets to where it needs to be then those 2 backs that can score from anywhere will not be stopped.
Our scoring average wasn't down because defenses keyed on 2 players it was down because the offensive play calling was crap.

hint hint the offensive play calling was crap cause we only used 2 players the entire defense was swarming these 2 !!! the defense said forget the other 4 but these 2 wont beat us !!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I got a question what team were you watching that had all these so called "6" running backs? I saw 2 good backs and a QB, where were the rest at? Itd be nice to have a huge stable of backs like you are talking about, but Ironton didnt. Heck most of the season the backfield with the exception of QB was a mix of backs because of injuries as it was.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

all good thing must com to ending

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

funniest thing I ever saw. when I started this topic, it had nothing to do with coaching.i just want everybody to know that.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

From what I've seen Ironton Football is in trouble! What happen to the recruiting coordinator? Better hope for some move in players because there isn't much coming up!

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

What is Vass record

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I think hes 9-10 regular season and 1-1 in playoffs.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

Are them coaches from outta town and do they sell raffles?

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

tigercannon71 wrote:I got a question what team were you watching that had all these so called "6" running backs? I saw 2 good backs and a QB, where were the rest at? Itd be nice to have a huge stable of backs like you are talking about, but Ironton didnt. Heck most of the season the backfield with the exception of QB was a mix of backs because of injuries as it was.

so in your theory 2 good backs and a QB will win !!! I want to play defense against that theory cause that is doomed for disaster!! QB 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR/TE when all is used properly watch the 2 good 1's score , score, score, and score some more!!!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

then what wrote:From what I've seen Ironton Football is in trouble! What happen to the recruiting coordinator? Better hope for some move in players because there isn't much coming up!
2014 football is doomed if they didn't recruit a OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:I got a question what team were you watching that had all these so called "6" running backs? I saw 2 good backs and a QB, where were the rest at? Itd be nice to have a huge stable of backs like you are talking about, but Ironton didnt. Heck most of the season the backfield with the exception of QB was a mix of backs because of injuries as it was.

so in your theory 2 good backs and a QB will win !!! I want to play defense against that theory cause that is doomed for disaster!! QB 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR/TE when all is used properly watch the 2 good 1's score , score, score, and score some more!!!

Yes, if you have a good offensive game plan and a good line to block you can win.

My question is still where are you seeing all these so called great backs Ironton has to carry the ball?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:

Besides that go back and watch films of Ironton. Thats what we do. We have 1 or 2 backs that get majority of carries and we dare the defense to stop them and 9 out of 10 times they dont and we win.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

tigercannon71 wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:

Yes, if you have a good offensive game plan and a good line to block you can win.

My question is still where are you seeing all these so called great backs Ironton has to carry the ball?

good offensive game plan = use all 6 players , don't throw bombs , when multiple players can catch short 10-15 yd passes, when looking at 3rd and 5+ yds for first down atleast make effort to pick up 1st down (PASS), run game is already established!!! and last but not least when given the ball in opponent territory(PORTSMOUTH GAME) take the dang ball and stick it in the endzone on the 1st play

ps the schedule has been fixed for 2014 ironton shouldn't expect any less from 7-3 to 10-0

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

You must know a receiver that isn't getting enuf time

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

urban buck wrote:You must know a receiver that isn't getting enuf time

only 2 players got time over 70% = not good football , I know people coaching @ Ashland/raceland and they say make sure those 2 don't beat you and we will win and by golly they sure won!!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
urban buck wrote:You must know a receiver that isn't getting enuf time

only 2 players got time over 70% = not good football , I know people coaching @ Ashland/raceland and they say make sure those 2 don't beat you and we will win and by golly they sure won!!!

Your evading the question. Where is Ironton getting all these so called great skilled players that we can share the ball between 6 players? You keep talking about it, but the reality is Ironton didn't have depth in the backfield.
As for stopping 1 or 2 players its very easy to say that, but like I said Ironton has a history of giving the ball to 1 or 2 guys 70% of the time yet they still won a lot of games doing that. If you have a good offensive game plan and a good offensive line it doesn't matter if only 1 guy gets the ball all night and the defense keys on him you will win the ballgame.

Return to “Football”