Valley 7-1(1-1) @ Wheelersburg 7-1(2-0)

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Re: Valley 7-1(1-1) @ Wheelersburg 7-1(2-0)

Post by Dr_Know »

As a Burg fan, the guys on Burgfan really make the rest of us look bad. I don't believe they are bad guys but they really cross the line in the attempt to be funny. It would take a high school kid to find them humorous.

On to this game... The Indians have scared me all year, because I believe their skill kids are the best in the area and Coach Crabtree always seems to develop linemen. With the talk of all the injuries in Lucasville, I do think the balance is tipped towards the Pirates. I do not believe in any way that this will be a running clock type of game and I think that's an insult to a good team. Who knows what awaits Friday night on the hill because there are a lot of factors that could affect this game (injuries, absent coach, etc.) but I do know that my Pirates have not played their best against Valley in recent years. If the Pirates don't turn the ball over and prevent the big play, then I feel they come away with the win. If Valley is healthy and able to make some stops, this one could be very interesting.

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

wobycat wrote:
lineman7 wrote:Do we know who will be playing for Valley? #23 not playing would be irreplaceable

This has to be the worst year for injuries I can remember for Valley
Injuries are a part of game but it sounds like valley is hanging on to one talented class so it may be difficult to replace those who go down. Burg is deep this year but may be in the same shape two years from now.
I know we pull for the same team on Friday nights but goodness man, haven't you learned anything the past 8-10 years? Our Pirates have a top notch program with a history that only Ironton and Portsmouth can have a conversation with, but things are different. While the domination and success at the state level in baseball has been amazing, we don't have the stranglehold on football that we once did. We are still going to have big years, but I doubt you see a 2-3 decade run ever again. Valley and West have hugely successful programs, Minford has won SOC's and been a perennial playoff team, even Waverly has had a few nice teams in the last 10-15 years. Saying the Indians are hanging on to one talented class is shortsighted. I remember the same thing being said after Keller and Yates ran through the SOC a few years ago. "Enjoy your one win Valley, it will be your last!" "Valley's once in a century team finally beats Burg... I guess once in 50 years isn't bad!" Well, we all know what happened the last two years. Looking at jr high results has been flawed logic for a very long time. I think our Pirates are set up for a few nice years of success, but to what extent I can't be sure. Honestly, I'm blown away that Valley has turned their program from a doormat in the late 80's, early 90's to such a contending program in SOC II. I never thought I'd see the day, and that's why comments like the ones you have made in this thread often come back to bite you. I'm all for showing respect where it is due... And if Valley hasn't earned your respect then I'd question what you see on the field.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Dr_Know wrote:
wobycat wrote:
lineman7 wrote:Do we know who will be playing for Valley? #23 not playing would be irreplaceable

This has to be the worst year for injuries I can remember for Valley
Injuries are a part of game but it sounds like valley is hanging on to one talented class so it may be difficult to replace those who go down. Burg is deep this year but may be in the same shape two years from now.
I know we pull for the same team on Friday nights but goodness man, haven't you learned anything the past 8-10 years? Our Pirates have a top notch program with a history that only Ironton and Portsmouth can have a conversation with, but things are different. While the domination and success at the state level in baseball has been amazing, we don't have the stranglehold on football that we once did. We are still going to have big years, but I doubt you see a 2-3 decade run ever again. Valley and West have hugely successful programs, Minford has won SOC's and been a perennial playoff team, even Waverly has had a few nice teams in the last 10-15 years. Saying the Indians are hanging on to one talented class is shortsighted. I remember the same thing being said after Keller and Yates ran through the SOC a few years ago. "Enjoy your one win Valley, it will be your last!" "Valley's once in a century team finally beats Burg... I guess once in 50 years isn't bad!" Well, we all know what happened the last two years. Looking at jr high results has been flawed logic for a very long time. I think our Pirates are set up for a few nice years of success, but to what extent I can't be sure. Honestly, I'm blown away that Valley has turned their program from a doormat in the late 80's, early 90's to such a contending program in SOC II. I never thought I'd see the day, and that's why comments like the ones you have made in this thread often come back to bite you. I'm all for showing respect where it is due... And if Valley hasn't earned your respect then I'd question what you see on the field.
This is kind of how I think people perceive burgfan. They hear one comment albeit a dumb one, but judge the entire setup. As if no one has stuck their foot in their mouth. I simply posted that valley is leaning on their junior class just as valley posters have said as well and you come in thinking that I'm trying to point out how weak they are. I may banter back and forth on here for fun but I do realize it's just a game. Valley has always been good. Crabtree is an amazing coach. Just because I think burg can blow them out doesn't mean I'm not aware of how well other teams are.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

3predictions here

1 fcc will closely monitor burgfan.com (probably get axed if things go valleys way)

2 hopefully valley thumps burg(62-6 prediction is for certain posters) LOL

3 reality burg probably takes this game 35-21

i would not want to be on valley schedule in 2015

RoadMan
Riding the Bench

Post by RoadMan »

cg-ironton fan, if #1 were true they would have been axed after their baseball games.

Having heard those adults using extremely juvenile behavior and comments does indeed cast a pall over the Wheelersburg sports programs. Many times we have heard don't judge the many by the few, perhaps it is time for the many Wheelersburg sports fans to judge the few. One has to wonder why their sponsors keep providing funds.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

It's funny how people have choices and choose to listen. It's burgfan for a reason. The guy that brought up burgfan in this topic is from minford; and wnxt was there! I know who those guys are. I know they like to good off but the show isn't for everyone. I will tell you this, most, rather than few, enjoy it, listen to all of it, not just to pick it apart, and know it's just for fun.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Now back to the game. Valley has the best throwing QB in the area, but I like burgs secondary against the valley receivers. No one has been talking about loop. At the beginning of the year, valley was raving about him. Has his production tailed off?

Still going with my bold prediction. 42-14.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

I feel Valley has a shot to win this game. That being said the will need to play a near perfect game to pull it off.
On a side note after reading this thread I wouldnt be surprised if wobycat isn't one of the hosts of burgfan.com

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

noles_fan wrote:I feel Valley has a shot to win this game. That being said the will need to play a near perfect game to pull it off.
On a side note after reading this thread I wouldnt be surprised if wobycat isn't one of the hosts of burgfan.com
The same thing crossed my mind.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Don't host but have been on there. I know my heart and who I am as a person, and I know the other guys personally. They cut up and try to have fun. The jokes are not for everyone. It's very biased, but they always give credit to good players and plays from the opposing team. They do occasionally put a foot in their mouth but it's never been an intentional calloused act.

Now back to the game. Someone put on here that burg has not seen a passing team like valley and they may be correct but valley will have to keep the d line off their QB. I think they can put the pressure on and force a turnover or two.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Vladimir wrote: According to the announcers over on Burgfan.com, during the Minford game, Coach Crabtree went in to have his tubes tied last week. :shock:
At times, it's best to let ignorant comments do the communicating without dignifying it with a response. This is one of those incidents.

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

wobycat wrote:What in the world are you talking about? I can't say the burg is going to dominate the game?
Here you go. Man this is going to be a swell game against a couple of classy teams. I think in my humble opinion that the burg will prevail rather easily. If they win, I know that the valley community will clap and cheer for our team on the accomplishment.
I don't care who you are or who you root for.... That is hilarious!!!! ;)

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

After a coment like that i don't know why burg would still want to be affiliated with them. valley has every reason to loose this game but I think that is why they will win this game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

izladoom wrote:After a coment like that i don't know why burg would still want to be affiliated with them. valley has every reason to loose this game but I think that is why they will win this game.
Again, that's not how the conversation went, and I can see how it sounded bad but it wasn't meant to be personal. I guess I'm not going to convince anyone. I doubt any coach is going to use burgfan as a motivator.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Idk how this turned into a Burgfan.com thread. If you don't like it, don't listen. Very simple. As far as this game, Burg's Dline is a force and it will be tough to make it through the game without giving up a sack. They fly to the ball and will stop the big play. Gotta watch out for the Cunningham kid when you go across the middle. That boy can bring the lumber. The D as a whole is playing much better since the Jackson and CG games. I look for another stellar perfomance from them. And if this game is close, no one will score more that 14 points. I don't foresee a shootout. However it could get out of hand if Burg can play their game.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Has Burg had any competition since Coal Grove?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

It was 28-6 to start the 4th qtr at coal grove no as close of a game as the score shows. However bugs d has been pretty dominant since the grove game

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hard to say. Waverly was in a down pour and Minford had a banged up team.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

If you consider Waverly competition. They did give West a game. But the past 2 games the starting D has given up only 3 first downs (one on a penalty) and less than 50 yards (or about 60 depending on who's stats you go by). I don't care what the competition is, that is profound.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

While Valley can score with anyone, I think it is in thier favor to try and keep this a upper teen to mid-twenties game to have a shot at the W. The key is to not let the Pirates make a big play on defense, and then turn around and bust a big play on offense. I say that because in the past that how the Pirates bust games open, a couple big plays and the opponent is a little down and before you know it they are up 2-3 scores. Valley will come to play, and as long as they compete for 4 quarters Ill be fine with the outcome.

Loop is still playing well, had a few TDs last week.

Return to “Football”