#1 Shadyside (11-0) vs #2 Trimble (12-0)

athens78
All State

Re: #1 Shadyside (11-0) vs #2 Trimble (12-0)

Post by athens78 »

93Bulldog wrote:
CautionTape wrote:Look Tuff Guy, This is a site where folks are supposed to be able to give an opinion! If all this stuff offends you that much, then dont read it.
I'm not offended by anything. Never have, never will.

What's said on a high school sports forum is the least of my concerns.

Just figured since it is a high school sports forum - and not facebook or twitter - maybe the conversation would lean toward the game.

but hey, to each his own (or her) ... chat away.
Yes you're offended, oh well, tuff. This wouldn't be the first thing that got of track on this "sports forum" Thanks CautionTape! Motivator I try to amuse because most of this stuff on this "sports fourm" is a joke. Read the paper the next morning and you'll see who won and where they play next, wait does anyone actually work for the Messenger anymore? If it's still called that.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

You don't speak your mind. You get on a HIGH SCHOOL sports forum and post negative things only to get a rise out of people.

It's pretty sorry really.

At least do it in person, or on facebook/twitter, where people can see who you are. But we all know that won't happen.

BTW ... this is a REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME ... would be really nice to get on here and read about the kids, coaches, game, etc ... etc ...

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Shadyside has 6 starters back on both sides of the ball. They lost 3 out of 5 offensive lineman on offense and 2 big defensive tackles and inside linebacker on d. Should be a good ole good one Saturday night.

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

gecko wrote:Shadyside has 6 starters back on both sides of the ball. They lost 3 out of 5 offensive lineman on offense and 2 big defensive tackles and inside linebacker on d. Should be a good ole good one Saturday night.
They also lost one of there running backs. But you saw it to over on there forums there just to darn good were lucky for what we did last year and were lucky for what we have done this year. We might as well not even show up they ard the best just like Steubenville is the best know one can beat them. We all know how that steuby athens game went if thats called luck ill take some more of it saturday night when the Cats clash with the Tigers. Go Cats Go Dawgs

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I still think shadyside has the edge in this one but hoping Trimble Tomcats pull it off. They've been here before and pulled off big games. Good luck to the Tomcats.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

I dont care if they sound like those dogs barking jingle bells, Im tuning in to 107.7 both nights because they put our kids on charter buses to ride to these games. When someone else does that I'll listen to them. Hope Trimble keeps it rolling. And Im heading to the restroom, and I need another roll of broadcast journalism degrees. I'm all out!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

LOL Green Beagle. I agree. Charter buses provided, team movies at movies ten and more for the kids by Joe Edwards. Again I ask how much money have the owners or operators took out of their pockets to provide the same for the local kids. Maybe they're backing the new tailgate cook book on production costs. Get me an extra roll of that broadcast journalism degrees.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Congrats to Austin Downs on now being tied for 2nd in the State with a catch in 40 consecutive games. Not bad for small school.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

We got us a p*ssing contest about radio stations lol....

Gotta love this place

left out
Riding the Bench

Post by left out »

The Tailgate cookoff was put in place to collect toys for kids in Athens County and has also been blessed by the fine owner of The Desparado Bar & Grill in Shawnee who shows up each year with a trailer full ( 100 to be exact ) of new bikes for children of Athens county..... yea sounds like a terrible thing to talk about on the radio....

The scout
Waterboy

Post by The scout »

The Cat Paw wrote:The Tailgate cookoff was put in place to collect toys for kids in Athens County and has also been blessed by the fine owner of The Desparado Bar & Grill in Shawnee who shows up each year with a trailer full ( 100 to be exact ) of new bikes for children of Athens county..... yea sounds like a terrible thing to talk about on the radio....

I think the bottom line is that people would like to hear more about the local games. I seriously doubt anyone is against you guys rounding up a truck load of bikes for less fortunate kids. I mean lets be real, the show is supposed to be about high school football and not about some pick-em contest and getting your name on a plaque at some local restaurant.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

CautionTape wrote:
The Cat Paw wrote:The Tailgate cookoff was put in place to collect toys for kids in Athens County and has also been blessed by the fine owner of The Desparado Bar & Grill in Shawnee who shows up each year with a trailer full ( 100 to be exact ) of new bikes for children of Athens county..... yea sounds like a terrible thing to talk about on the radio....

I think the bottom line is that people would like to hear more about the local games. I seriously doubt anyone is against you guys rounding up a truck load of bikes for less fortunate kids. I mean lets be real, the show is supposed to be about high school football and not about some pick-em contest and getting your name on a plaque at some local restaurant.
Exactly CautionTape. Great cause yes, end of year cook off ok, hearing about it over and over and over again from day one, NO. Desparado bar giving 30 bikes great. pickems, nicknames and personal recognition, bad thing. The question was again how much has the owners of 105.5 taken out of their own pockets to pay for movies, buses and more for the kids/players/teams like Joe Edwards. Also you'll never hear him bragging about it on the air either. If you do good things for local people it will get out without self-promotion and bragging.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

athens78 just go to the game and then you won't need to listen to the radio.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Is "Dusty" the OU person, or the former high school football player? Was he really fired for saying the forbidden name Nelsonville? Or was it all the cooking show talk?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm sure if the owner at 105.5 had deep pockets he would be glad to offer up financial support to local teams/schools. What Joe Edwards does for local teams is outstanding, nobody will deny that. But others probably would too, myself included, if I or we had the resources to do so. The owner of 105 is not a prominent business man, he owns a small little radio station and that's it. The fact that he loses money covering high school games, but continues to do it, speaks volume for his character. He could easily sit back and make a profit off the Bobcats, but instead, continues to cover 2 high school football games every week - and usually four basketball games per week. It's not really fair to judge him or his station Athens78 for not giving something he doesn't have.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Football fan wrote:athens78 just go to the game and then you won't need to listen to the radio.
I'm starting to wonder about that statement myself. Why doesn't he or she go to any games? To be such an 'expert' without every seeing anyone play has to be challenging.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Orange and Brown wrote:We got us a p*ssing contest about radio stations lol....

Gotta love this place
The real contest is who makes the best tailgate food......and my money is on Dusty. :mrgreen:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

PitStop Billy wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:We got us a p*ssing contest about radio stations lol....

Gotta love this place
The real contest is who makes the best tailgate food......and my money is on Dusty. :mrgreen:
Not sure he could win either of those contests. :mrgreen:

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

If my memory serves me correct I don't believe Shadyside has EVER lost a playoff game at Meadowbrook's field.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

There is a first time for everything :-D

Return to “Football”