2015 Logan @ Athens

questionmark
All Conference

Re: 2015 Logan @ Athens

Post by questionmark »

Viking96 wrote:
Jason Vorhees wrote:Whether Athens "ran" or not, they have something Logan will never attain; a trip to tje final four in football and and state runner up trophy. Granted, Logan has a runner up trophy in girl's basketball but this is a different animal being football. Talking about playoffs, how many times has Logan beaten a team from up north? How many times has Logan played or even beaten Stuebenville? Does Logan even have the gonads to go into Death Valley and play them? Whether Stuebenville was "down" or not, I still believe they made the state championship in DIV. Speaking of nig fish in a small pond, Logan is quite larger than the SEOAL teams they were playing against. And for the record, what's Logan's record against Lancaster?

The truth is Athens struggled in the seoal in football and now they dominate and will continue to dominate the TVC . Only Athens administration knows why they left the seoal. Athens had a once in a lifetime team in 2014 and it's ashame how Athens posters run in down everyone's throat that they were good in 2014. But that runner up trophy won't win games in 2015.
Here I'll Run Down some other numbers...

Athens Baseball SEOAL Championships -24
2nd Place Team - Gallia Academy -13 ...

Athens is still the BEST Baseball School in SEOAL History and haven't played for the Crown since 2008 when they joined the TVC....

What Made the Original SEOAL Special was that Schools were traditionally Talented in their respected Sports, so when a team not traditionally successful upset someone, it was special...

Those days are gone and Change scares everyone...

Athens went out on a limb when they left the SEOAL and joined a new League...
Logan knows they are about to lose their league and it scares them...

However, none of this means squat (except squats in the offseason)...When the 2015 Game Rolls around...It will be ATHENS vs. LOGAN...two teams that still hate each other, with bragging rights on the line...

Logan has started the past 7 Seasons (2-5) and are (0-5) the last 5 seasons...
Athens has started the past 7 Seasons (4-3) and are (3-2) the last 5 seasons...

Each TEAM wants this game and wants to be (1-0) to start the Season....

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens had 5 bad years and Athens would have beat Logan by 50 the last 5 years. Teams go in cycles. Logan has had athens number in football. History means nothing in this game. I have no clue how good Athens offense will be but one thing is 100%, athens will have a very good defense. Lots of speed and size on defense. Logan is hard to tell, they had some good games and had some bad games

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

ATHENS RAN. The SEOAL was too tough for them. Baseball ? You now shift to bragging about baseball on a football thread ? :lol: :lol: :lol: Nothing changes that ATHENS RAN. The YELLOW shows in the colors. The poor schmucks in the TVC who felt sorry for the beaten down and downtrodden bullpuppies took in a wolf in sheeps clothing, allowing a larger school to come in as a disgraced losing program from the SEOAL to thump the smaller, weaker teams of an anemic league and have no one to blame for being so stupid to do that but themselves. Athens is virtually shamed into playing Logan again. Logan has spent more than a decade playing teams from the D-I Ohio Capital Conference in Columbus in non-league early while Athens hunted up teams from SEO in lower divisions, adding to the lower division teams from the weak TVC that they have been feasting on. The bullpuppies are going to find that little has changed in Logan while they come back to reality after losing the talent they acquired from sons of O.U. coaches who moved in. "Native" talent is about to be butt kicked by the Chiefs again. Being exposed will not be pleasant for the pups. Back to reality ! 8)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote:ATHENS RAN. The SEOAL was too tough for them. Baseball ? You now shift to bragging about baseball on a football thread ? :lol: :lol: :lol: Nothing changes that ATHENS RAN. The YELLOW shows in the colors. The poor schmucks in the TVC who felt sorry for the beaten down and downtrodden bullpuppies took in a wolf in sheeps clothing, allowing a larger school to come in as a disgraced losing program from the SEOAL to thump the smaller, weaker teams of an anemic league and have no one to blame for being so stupid to do that but themselves. Athens is virtually shamed into playing Logan again. Logan has spent more than a decade playing teams from the D-I Ohio Capital Conference in Columbus in non-league early while Athens hunted up teams from SEO in lower divisions, adding to the lower division teams from the weak TVC that they have been feasting on. The bullpuppies are going to find that little has changed in Logan while they come back to reality after losing the talent they acquired from sons of O.U. coaches who moved in. "Native" talent is about to be butt kicked by the Chiefs again. Being exposed will not be pleasant for the pups. Back to reality ! 8)
Lol, Logan can't even compete with the worst team out of the occ lancaster 8-32. Why I laughed when Logan posters wanted in the occ in the mid 2000's on this site

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

This should start to get good lol...
Last edited by doubleplay643 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I'll put the over-under at 90 pages for this thread when the game kicks off.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Paladin wrote:ATHENS RAN. The SEOAL was too tough for them. Baseball ? You now shift to bragging about baseball on a football thread ? :lol: :lol: :lol: Nothing changes that ATHENS RAN. The YELLOW shows in the colors. The poor schmucks in the TVC who felt sorry for the beaten down and downtrodden bullpuppies took in a wolf in sheeps clothing, allowing a larger school to come in as a disgraced losing program from the SEOAL to thump the smaller, weaker teams of an anemic league and have no one to blame for being so stupid to do that but themselves. Athens is virtually shamed into playing Logan again. Logan has spent more than a decade playing teams from the D-I Ohio Capital Conference in Columbus in non-league early while Athens hunted up teams from SEO in lower divisions, adding to the lower division teams from the weak TVC that they have been feasting on. The bullpuppies are going to find that little has changed in Logan while they come back to reality after losing the talent they acquired from sons of O.U. coaches who moved in. "Native" talent is about to be butt kicked by the Chiefs again. Being exposed will not be pleasant for the pups. Back to reality ! 8)
Why has Logan dropped all of its OCC games then? Lancaster, by no means, is a state power. The simple fact Is that Logan is a D3 team stuck in D2 because of its large numbers from being a county school.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

lol doubleplay643

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
Lol, Logan can't even compete with the worst team out of the occ lancaster 8-32. Why I laughed when Logan posters wanted in the occ in the mid 2000's on this site
Lancaster finished third in the OCC-Ohio this season.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I find it amusing Paladin still uses a Logan avatar ... I mean, how long has it been since Logan has been relevant in anything? Seriously.

Not to mention I have posted the numbers 100 times - the disparity in Logan and the SEOAL is greater than the disparity in Athens and the TVC. No team is even close to the size of Logan. They are a team that can't beat teams much smaller than them from southeast Ohio and they can't compete with the same size schools from the OCC ... Maybe you should look into a league in West Virginia, Paladin.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

93Bulldog wrote:I find it amusing Paladin still uses a Logan avatar ... I mean, how long has it been since Logan has been relevant in anything? Seriously.

Not to mention I have posted the numbers 100 times - the disparity in Logan and the SEOAL is greater than the disparity in Athens and the TVC. No team is even close to the size of Logan. They are a team that can't beat teams much smaller than them from southeast Ohio and they can't compete with the same size schools from the OCC ... Maybe you should look into a league in West Virginia, Paladin.
Did you change anything about fallowing the bulldog when they couldn't win anything? Probably not so why would Paladin change.
Like I said before Logan has won state titles in other school sports. Have had athletes play at the professional level and played on championship teams. Won gold metals. Stop just talking football [which Athens was a runner up not champion] what has Athens or a Athens player ever been in that they were the last one standing?

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Alright, we'll focus on Just Football Bragging Rights Paladin' because we know that Logan has clearly forgot what Baseball is...

Let us just use Post-Season...

Logan Chieftans Play-Off History
1987 - v. Sandusky (LOSS 21-7)
1999 - v. Pickerington (LOSS 39-23)
2000 - v. Westerville South (WIN 53-20)
2000 - v. Pickerington (WIN 28-26)
2000 - v. Upper Arlington (LOSS 45-13)
2001 - v. Dublin Coffman (LOSS 20-14)
2006 - v. Hilliard Davidson (LOSS 38-8)
2007 - v. Tri-Valley (LOSS 31-26)
2008 - v. Dublin Jerome (WIN 23-7)
2008 - v. Louisville (LOSS 7-0)
2009 - v. Canal Winchester (WIN 30-7)
2009 - v. Brookhaven (LOSS 21-10)

Logan has earned 8 Play-Off Apperances, 4 Play-Off Wins and 8 Play-Off Losses...
Logan made Regional Finals in 2000...

Athens Bulldogs Play-Off History
1990 - v. DeSales (LOSS 42-0)
2011 - v. Jackson (LOSS 27-7)
2012 - v. Circleville (WIN 63-28)
2012 - v. Shawnee (WIN 36-35)
2012 - v. Thurgood Marshall (LOSS 6-21)
2013 - v. Logan Elm (WIN 74-55)
2013 - v. Tri-Valley (WIN 55-52)
2013 - v. Marion Franklin (LOSS 38-7)
2014 - v. Granville (WIN 65-14)
2014 - v. Tri-Valley (WIN 41-20)
2014 - v. DeSales (WIN 52-20)
2014 - v. St.Vincent St.Mary's (WIN 34-31)
2014 - v. Toldeo Central Catholic (LOSS 56-52)

Athens has earned 5 Play-Off Appearances, 8 Play-Off Wins and 5 Play-Off Losses...
Athens made Regional Finals in 2012, 2013 and 2014...
Athens made Final Four in 2014...
Athens was State Runner-Ups in 2014...

Athens has more Play-Off Wins, More trips to the Regional Finals, More Final Four Appearances and more State Championship Appearances then Logan...

We'll Go Ahead and Thump our Chest on those FACTS!

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

We try to talk other sports noreply but Paladin is one-track minded on FOOTBALL only...

Scott Stricklin (Bulldog Alum) coached the Kent State Golden Flashes to the NCAA College World Series...he is now the Head Coach of the Georgia Bulldogs...

Fred Gibson (Bulldog Alum) has a Little League World Series Championship as a Coach...
Corey Corrigan (Bulldog Alum) was a St.Louis Cardinal ...
Grant Gregory (Bulldog Alum) lead Kansas State to (6 Wins) and a Bowl Berth after taking over starting duties...
Andrew Coble (Bulldog Alum) lead Marietta College to Back-to-Back World Series Titles and earned MVP Honors...
Kurt Roberts (Bulldog Alum) just signed an Endorsement Deal with NIKE for Track...
JOEY BURROW (BULLDOG) Gatorade Player of the Year (2013-2014), MR.FOOTBALL (2014)...WINNER

Athens has had State Champions in other sports as Well noreply, the most recent being Track. 4x4 Team won a title last season. Anna Pomento and Kurt Roberts for Track a few years ago and a few Swimmers also winning titles...

I have no problem with Paladin rockin' his Chiftan Pride...
I have a problem with his tone, his absolute hatred for Athens...
You better believe if Logan ever made it to a State Championship in Football myself, 93Bulldog and other area school posters would congradulate them on their successes...
Yet, this clown gives every Logan poster a bad name for his utmost hatred of Athens and SEO.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

questionmark wrote:We try to talk other sports noreply but Paladin is one-track minded on FOOTBALL only...

Scott Stricklin (Bulldog Alum) coached the Kent State Golden Flashes to the NCAA College World Series...he is now the Head Coach of the Georgia Bulldogs...

Fred Gibson (Bulldog Alum) has a Little League World Series Championship as a Coach...
Grant Gregory (Bulldog Alum) lead Kansas State to (6 Wins) and a Bowl Berth after taking over starting duties...
Andrew Coble (Bulldog Alum) lead Marietta College to Back-to-Back World Series Titles and earned MVP Honors...
Kurt Roberts (Bulldog Alum) just signed an Endorsement Deal with NIKE for Track...
JOEY BURROW (BULLDOG) Gatorade Player of the Year (2013-2014), MR.FOOTBALL (2014)...WINNER

Athens has had State Champions in other sports as Well noreply, the most recent being Track. 4x4 Team won a title last season. Anna Pomento and Kurt Roberts for Track a few years ago and a few Swimmers also winning titles...

You better believe if Logan ever made it to a State Championship in Football myself, 93Bulldog and other area school posters would congradulate them on their successes...
Yet, this clown gives every Logan poster a bad name for his utmost hatred of Athens and SEO.
I do not take up for Paladin. I take up for my school just like you guys do when he puts Athens down. Say all you want about him and I will not say anything unless peoples statements are wrong. If you run Logan down while talking about him I will speak up. I TRY to stay away from getting on schools unless that post has anything about putting Logan down. Paladin will push peoples buttons and he know how you will respond and he just feeds on it. Knowing what I know about him...nothing anyone says bothers him.........It is better not to respond as I tell myself at times but it can be really hard not to.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

noreply66 wrote:
questionmark wrote:We try to talk other sports noreply but Paladin is one-track minded on FOOTBALL only...

I do not take up for Paladin. I take up for my school just like you guys do when he puts Athens down. Say all you want about him and I will not say anything unless peoples statements are wrong. If you run Logan down while talking about him I will speak up. I TRY to stay away from getting on schools unless that post has anything about putting Logan down. Paladin will push peoples buttons and he know how you will respond and he just feeds on it. Knowing what I know about him...nothing anyone says bothers him.........It is better not to respond as I tell myself at times but it can be really hard not to.
My buddy moon agrees with you noreply! We have known Paladin since the late 50's and early 60's and he was one tough SOB as a kid and a Coach especially! As far as My problem with Athens (Also with young athletes from the late 60's and early 70's most all us have this same problem, BUT believe or not while in high school and while he coached at Logan I got to know Alan Ackerman quite well and became friends!) It is not about the kids! it is about the School!!I rooted for the kids this year in football but not the school and never will! The reason that another Topic which we explain later! BUT like my friend MOON say's 2015

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

How is ole Moon doing, LHS 72?

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

noreply66 wrote:

The best thing about Paladin is he makes all of us on here feel much better about ourselves. He is so miserable that he has to get on here and spout out about our area. We are all just happy that we are much better off than he is in our lives. The second best thing about him is that he has Athens envy, which was posted on another thread. :mrgreen:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Trenchfoot wrote:How is ole Moon doing, LHS 72?
I been wondering myself how he doing :aaaaa46

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ground Buck wrote:
noreply66 wrote:

The best thing about Paladin is he makes all of us on here feel much better about ourselves. He is so miserable that he has to get on here and spout out about our area. We are all just happy that we are much better off than he is in our lives. The second best thing about him is that he has Athens envy, which was posted on another thread. :mrgreen:
I know that Paladin isn't miserable and far from Athens envy with him talking about Athens long before they started playing good ball.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:How is ole Moon doing, LHS 72?
I been wondering myself how he doing :aaaaa46
I shot ya an e-mail this morning Bolt, it must have crossed in the mail. :122248 :lol:

Return to “Football”