Week 12: #1 Lucasville Valley vs #4 Bucyrus Wynford

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 12: #1 Lucasville Valley vs #4 Bucyrus Wynford

Post by RoyalNut »

Alitown wrote:Hey Royal do you know the name of the station that broadcasted the game live last year on the Internet? And will they be there Saturday?
yea they are usually on here
http://www.wqel.com/

I looked all over the site for the "game of the week" and couldn't find it
I know in the regular season if the game is LIVE on WQEL Radio then WQEL.COM carries a different game you can hear on the net. So I do not know what they will do with this game

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

To be honest Royal, our teams sound like mirror images of one another on both sides of the ball. As many have already said, these teams look even. Hard to pick one or another. I believe the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

RoyalNut wrote:
Alitown wrote:Hey Royal do you know the name of the station that broadcasted the game live last year on the Internet? And will they be there Saturday?
yea they are usually on here
http://www.wqel.com/

I looked all over the site for the "game of the week" and couldn't find it
I know in the regular season if the game is LIVE on WQEL Radio then WQEL.COM carries a different game you can hear on the net. So I do not know what they will do with this game
Which one did a live video of the game?

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Wasnt that WMFD Game of the week or something like that?

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

RoyalNut wrote:
Jesco White wrote:From what I could tell watching some of the film on the Royals and looking over their roster, they have quite a few seniors playing key roles for them. It also looks like they have a pretty talented sophmore that starts both ways on the O-line and D-line. They don't appear to have a lot of size on the offensive line, with the biggest linemen I could find listed that received significant playing time on the film I saw were 3 kids that go 6'1'-220lbs, 6'3"-225lbs and 5'9"-230lbs...all of which are seniors. On the defensive line, however, they do have some size with 6'3"-320lbs senior Logan Wilburn and 5'11"-285lbs senior David Byrne.
Yea the two you mentioned Byrne and Wilburn are our run stoppers, they both played D-line last year as well. They are surprisingly quick (I did not say fast, I said quick) for their size. They react well to a ball carrier. Most points we gave up all year was in the Ontario game (26), and all I can say about that night was the field was a mess and the better team that night won the ball game. We just pretty much layed an egg that night, no excuses. We just were not able to execute on Offense and in the sloppy track we didnt close some gaps and left some holes open for one of the best backs in our area-a kid named Jordan Campbell of Ontatio. He took advantage of it, this kid is fast enough if he got in the open field few kids in D-1 or D-II are going to run him down. We also lost to Galion, and to be honest the score there could have been worse, we turned the ball over on downs late near our own goal line, they could have scored again probably but chose to just run the clock out.

Wynford this year on offense has relied on efficiency, what I mean by that is just run the offense get what you get and keep the chains moving. Mixed it up well with misdirection runs and short passing game. We hit a couple big plays in the Loudenville game, but for the most part most of the year we have not lived on the big play, just a bunch a positive little ones. If they are clicking and limit mistakes and penalties, they will be a tough out.

I watched Valley against Portsmouth West and oh shoot another team. You look very good as well. Your defense looks really really good! I think we can do ok against your offense with our D, just not sure how well we will move the ball either! LOL This is going be a good game!

BUT Go Royals ! LOL

--and I hope who ever wins does go to state.
I agree with you very much that this should be an excellent game. And, I also agree about your thoughts concerning both defenses matching up better agains the opposing offense, rather than the way the offenses dominated last year. I expect a game that will be every bit as close in score and competitive as last year's game, but with defense being the reason as opposed to last year's offensive explosion.

I also hope that whoever wins this game represents Region 19 this year! Good luck to the Royals, but LET'S GO INDIANS!!!!! 8)

On a side note, it would be nice to meet up with you this year Royal Nut.

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

nutronron2012 wrote:Wasnt that WMFD Game of the week or something like that?
Oh it could be WMFD mansfield TV station
just google WMFD

I dont know what the schedule is

I gotta go see this one live!

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

Jesco White wrote:
RoyalNut wrote:
Jesco White wrote:From what I could tell watching some of the film on the Royals and looking over their roster, they have quite a few seniors playing key roles for them. It also looks like they have a pretty talented sophmore that starts both ways on the O-line and D-line. They don't appear to have a lot of size on the offensive line, with the biggest linemen I could find listed that received significant playing time on the film I saw were 3 kids that go 6'1'-220lbs, 6'3"-225lbs and 5'9"-230lbs...all of which are seniors. On the defensive line, however, they do have some size with 6'3"-320lbs senior Logan Wilburn and 5'11"-285lbs senior David Byrne.
Yea the two you mentioned Byrne and Wilburn are our run stoppers, they both played D-line last year as well. They are surprisingly quick (I did not say fast, I said quick) for their size. They react well to a ball carrier. Most points we gave up all year was in the Ontario game (26), and all I can say about that night was the field was a mess and the better team that night won the ball game. We just pretty much layed an egg that night, no excuses. We just were not able to execute on Offense and in the sloppy track we didnt close some gaps and left some holes open for one of the best backs in our area-a kid named Jordan Campbell of Ontatio. He took advantage of it, this kid is fast enough if he got in the open field few kids in D-1 or D-II are going to run him down. We also lost to Galion, and to be honest the score there could have been worse, we turned the ball over on downs late near our own goal line, they could have scored again probably but chose to just run the clock out.

Wynford this year on offense has relied on efficiency, what I mean by that is just run the offense get what you get and keep the chains moving. Mixed it up well with misdirection runs and short passing game. We hit a couple big plays in the Loudenville game, but for the most part most of the year we have not lived on the big play, just a bunch a positive little ones. If they are clicking and limit mistakes and penalties, they will be a tough out.

I watched Valley against Portsmouth West and oh shoot another team. You look very good as well. Your defense looks really really good! I think we can do ok against your offense with our D, just not sure how well we will move the ball either! LOL This is going be a good game!

BUT Go Royals ! LOL

--and I hope who ever wins does go to state.
I agree with you very much that this should be an excellent game. And, I also agree about your thoughts concerning both defenses matching up better agains the opposing offense, rather than the way the offenses dominated last year. I expect a game that will be every bit as close in score and competitive as last year's game, but with defense being the reason as opposed to last year's offensive explosion.

I also hope that whoever wins this game represents Region 19 this year! Good luck to the Royals, but LET'S GO INDIANS!!!!! 8)

On a side note, it would be nice to meet up with you this year Royal Nut.
Here is the way I see it playing out. One team or the other is going to make a mistake, be it a fumble, a pick or even just some dumb penalties that give the other team field position. That team takes advantage of good field position and punches one in. But I sure do not see this being a scoring fest like last years. I agree with you wholeheartedly fewest mistakes win. But that is what happens in games where both teams are evenly matched. One or two mistakes or one or two big plays usually decides it.

Heck yea I'd love to meet up, and say hello! Will have wifey in tow and two teenage daughters that will scatter when we hit the gate LOL. And be oblivious to who even wins the game. I actually had one of my daughters get in the car after a game and ask "Who won?" I know she was sitting in the stands all night with all the other kids, I saw her there. Yeash

Ichthus
Waterboy

Post by Ichthus »

I wouldn't mind meeting royal nut as well. Very respectful but supportive of his team!!! This is the way it should be! I believe winner of this game has a GREAT shot at representing Region 19. No disrespect to the Oaks or LU intended. Their game could be a "nail-biter" as well. GOOOO VALLEY :-D

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

RoyalNut wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:Wasnt that WMFD Game of the week or something like that?
Oh it could be WMFD mansfield TV station
just google WMFD

I dont know what the schedule is

I gotta go see this one live!
This game last year even though we lost it was the best high school game I have ever seen it had everything you could want in a game.People down here are still talking about that game even before we knew that we where going to play you guys again.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Royal Nut,

I was originally going to have my wife with me, but our freshman kicker's mother was scheduled to work (she and my wife are both nurses on the same floor at a local hospital) and nobody else would work for her so she could see her son play. My wife and I talked about it and felt like it wouldn't be right for the mother to miss watching her son play only for my wife to be available to work and go to the game instead.....so my wife is going to work for her. I'll have my 7th grade son with me, but I'm sure we'll have enough food for you and the Mrs before the game if you want to stop by our tailgate.

Ichthus
Waterboy

Post by Ichthus »

ABSOLUTELY!!!! The best High school game I have ever seen... last year. This year could possibly be an encore... just an defensive encore :12223

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

I was not going to say anything about last years game being the best HS game I have ever seen, only because we ended up squeaking the win.I didnt want it to seem like I was saying this because we won it, and appear to be rubbing it in. I was elated at the end of that game, but I remember thinking Man its a crying shame either team had to loose this one. But I have to agree with you guys I think it was the best HS game I have ever witnessed, not because we won. Because of the way BOTH teams played. Every kid on that field gave it all, after we came back in the 1st half I thought ok we got em! Ah not so fast! Your kids took the come back and came right back. It was like watching two great heavy weight fighters exchange hay makers. It was a FANTASTIC GAME! No question. Was by far the BEST HS GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN!

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

My son graduated last year, he was friends with all the kids that played on that team although he did not play football. I was down in the endzone after the game talking to some of the kids that had played, they were all just gassed. Every Kid was saying Man o Man they were good!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

It was definitely an instant classic and all of those kids earned the respect of everyone in attendance that night. It's just great to see these two teams get to strap 'em up and square off again a year later in the playoffs. It says so much about both programs.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

How is the new division going to affect wynford it would be a shame if this is the last time these two teams met in the playoffs

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I HOPE TO SEE THE VALLEY INDIANS ADVANCE, WISHED I COULD BE THERE. AND ROYAL NUT, WELCOME TO OUR SITE, I VERY MUCH ENJOY YOUR POSTS. THAT'S WHAT THIS SITE IS ABOUT.AND I'VE MADE SOME GREAT FRIENDS HERE, BY MEETING AT BALLGAMES.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Check this video out This little girl is a beast of a Back at 8 yrs old.....

I know this doesnt have anything to do with this game but I had to share it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSISzEfmjBA

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

I might run over to R-Burg for this one. Good Luck Indians! Sounds like another great game on paper.

Ichthus
Waterboy

Post by Ichthus »

Here4Fun wrote:Check this video out This little girl is a beast of a Back at 8 yrs old.....

WOW!! What an impresive little girl... She can REALLY take a hit!!! :122246

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Ichthus wrote:
Here4Fun wrote:Check this video out This little girl is a beast of a Back at 8 yrs old.....

WOW!! What an impresive little girl... She can REALLY take a hit!!! :122246
I thought the 1911 yard 35 TDs and 65 tackles was impressive......

Return to “Football”