3. Caldwell
4. Monroe Central
5. Frontier
6. Buckeye Trail

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Re: Pioneer Valley Conf 2016

Post by pvcguy »

I watched Buckeye Trail at Fort Frye last year Trail was in that game but their offensive system was not on.

Brutus
Waterboy

Post by Brutus »

pvcguy wrote:1. Fort Frye
2. Shenandoah
3. Caldwell
4. Monroe Central
5. Frontier
6. Buckeye Trail
I think you may be being a bit generous with Shenandoah second in the PVC this year. They are a year away most likely.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

Talent is there and with the freshman running back coming in they could be good.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

Sherman is the name. He will be the best back in the pvc for the next 4 years.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

Here is the best breakdown I can give. I just got off weekend shifts and couldn't get anything long typed out on my iPhone. I like to work the weekends now so I dont have to work them in september, october and november. Also I am off until friday at midnight, another major score!

1. I watched Fort Frye three times last year. They should have lost to Caldwell, and for a little while Buckeye Trail and Shenandoah gave them everything they could. I didnt watch the Monroe Cenral game but do know Fort Frye was lucky to escape that one. I still think Fort Frye is the class of the league.

2. Shenandoah will have a really good junior class, a great sophomore class and the best freshman player this area has seen in a long time in Sherman. I think they could compete with Fort Frye as league champ.

3. Caldwell returns maybe the best three players in the entire league in Ivey, Shuster and Archer. I am not confident they can beat the top two with just those three but I think they can compete with the others below here. *if the new coaching staff does not have major changes, this comment will be accurate.

4. Monroe Central looked fatigued last year and they just went through the motions. I just dont think Hopper is the key to winning the league. Circosta lost a lot when Dink retired from coaching. Its definitely not the same type of team.

5. I am going to put Frontier ahead of Buckeye Trail just because Trails gauntlet they have to get through to get to this game. Week three will decide who gets 5th and 6th. I know Frontier lost a lot but they have a nice younger group coming.

6. Trail lost King enough said. For three years he has been keeping them in the game. I am anxious to see how the new staff replaces him.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Shenandoah looked awefully soft last season. You gotta want to be physical and if you get hit not pout and whine about it. That goes for the coaches too. A lot of mentality needs fixed for the Zeps before they can think about not simply being last.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Casey Lewis is the leagues best player. Coming off 1000 yards and 18 touchdowns. Fort Frye going to lean on the offensive line and get it to the playmakers in Baker, Lewis , Lockery and Carpenter. Also Fort could have 10' Srs on D. I believe they have 16 Srs on the team.

Pvcfan20
Waterboy

Post by Pvcfan20 »

1. Fort Frye: Obviously the best team in the PVC and they are going 10-0 again this season
2. Buckeye Trail: They have a lot of talent along with a big senior class. 15 seniors including the transfer from Cambridge McCall
3. Caldwell: Losing a stud senior class but are bringing back Ivey and Archer.
4. Monroe Central: They have a couple players to complement Hooper but there is just not much talent
5. Shenandoah: Lucky for them they get to play frontier. They have a couple decent players but I doubt Sherman will be this superstar as a freshmen.
6. Frontier: Won't win a game. After losing their play makers Camino and Metheny they will be lucky to compete in a game.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

So we differ greatly on Shenandoah and Buckeye Trail. I didn't know about a transfer for them. How were his stats last year? Does he have to serve time off for the transfer or did he move in to the district.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

1. Fort Frye-Defending champion with the most back. Lewis is really good and the quarterback will improve.
2. Caldwell-Archer, Shuster, Brownfield on the line return. Ivey is a freak athlete and four year starter in the backfield and at linebacker. Jason Allen is a four year starter on both sides of the ball. The younger Ivey boy saw the field as a freshman and is really good. They have talent. Interested to see who is named the head coach.
3. Trail-They have a good coach and talent. Have to learn how to win in football
4. Shenandoah-They have a good coach and some athletes. Will get better as the year goes on.
5. Central-Hooper is good but they lost a lot from an average team
6. Frontier-one of the worst teams in the state.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

Trail has always been weak in the trenches.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

Hope Trail knows that a transfer can't play until week 6.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

pvcguy wrote:Hope Trail knows that a transfer can't play until week 6.
What if the transfer didn't play football last year? Would not he/she be eligible to play in week one?
pvcguy wrote:Trail has always been weak in the trenches.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Trail have it's first sophomore running back in school history with over 1,000 yards rushing last year? Sounds pretty "decent" in the trenches to me. I thought that was the case. PVCGUY, maybe you can fill us in?

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

If he didn't play last year he would be eligible right now.

King was a horse on the line. It only took you 30 years to get a thousand yard running back not sure I would brag about that.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

I will agree that I was not impressed last season with what I saw up front from buckeye trail. No doubt that their 1,000 yard rushing sophomore was a good back and I certainly don't want to say he was able to do it all by himself, but Trails lineman didn't have very good pad level, often times would not take their feet with them on blocks and just weren't very physical. It seemed like they would wall people off and get their back just enough of a crease for him to be able to do the rest......some of those seasons in the past 30 years they've been pretty balanced and spread the ball around a little bit. Some of those years sure we're bad, but I believe we have 3 playoff appearances including a trip to the final four in their somewhere too.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

pvcguy wrote:If he didn't play last year he would be eligible right now.

King was a horse on the line. It only took you 30 years to get a thousand yard running back not sure I would brag about that.
You are either the single dumbest person on the planet, or else know nothing about the PVC. A quick google search shows the following about Trail running backs:

Jeff Snedegar, 1994, 1,621 yards.
Brian Kittle, 2000, 1310 yards.
Donnie Kerns, 1999, 1275 yards.
Luke Snyder, 2002, 1256 yards.
Steve Beros, 2007, 1187 yards.
Donnie Kerns, 1998, 1183 yards.
John Robinson, 1997, 1065 yards.
Aaron Carpenter, 2003, 1045 yards.
Dan Starr, 1983, 1031 yards.
Luke Snyder, 2001, 1028 yards.
Aaron Carpenter, 2004, 1023 yards.
Austin Snodgrass, 2015, 1017 yards.
Mike Neuhart, 1994, 1001 yards.

I guess you didn't earn your PH.d in Math?

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

You said Trail got their first 1000 yard back not me. Nice list.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

pvcguy wrote:You said Trail got their first 1000 yard back not me. Nice list.
First sophomore running back with 1,000 yards. Reading comprehensive is essential....

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

Trail will miss King mark my words. King was once in a lifetime type lineman.

Return to “Football”