IRONTON vs WHEELERSBURG

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: IRONTON vs WHEELERSBURG

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Ironton is big and experienced as advertised and the Burg is small and young as advertised and hence the 42-13 score.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

Mad_Dogg wrote:The new facility is unbelieveable. The only thing i did not like and i am not the only one from burg who was upset. I went to get food at half time only to find out they had no hot dogs, no cold pop. I then tried to go over on the ironton side to get food only to be told i wasn't aloud to be over there to go back on my own side. I thought that was kinda rude. I don't think they were ready for this game. Other than that i am impressed with the new facilities
They never are. You would think from the every other year big crowd for this game, someone would eventually figure it out.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

philthyphil wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:The new facility is unbelieveable. The only thing i did not like and i am not the only one from burg who was upset. I went to get food at half time only to find out they had no hot dogs, no cold pop. I then tried to go over on the ironton side to get food only to be told i wasn't aloud to be over there to go back on my own side. I thought that was kinda rude. I don't think they were ready for this game. Other than that i am impressed with the new facilities
They never are. You would think from the every other year big crowd for this game, someone would eventually figure it out.
You'd think so

Proud_Pirate
Waterboy

Post by Proud_Pirate »

First off Congrats to Ironton on the Win. But I have a complaint with the adults running things there. I always respect schools we go to, but after tonight I see Ironton as the worse place to visit!!! They did not show any respect to us at all ! We took my 2 year old granddaughter to use the bathroom... I did not know about the bathroom on visitor side on the end, so I went towards the Tigers side only to be stopped by a man standing by a rope where Ironton band sits. The man said you can not go thru here you have to go around on your side to the other end. Well a 2 year old can not hold it long, so I said are you serious? You have to be kidding me. He said no you can not go to this side Are you people trying to say a little baby is not good enough to use the restrooms on your side. I heard many women talking about being turned away at the rope. Now tell me how that is a right way to treat your visitors?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

first off great crowd there tonight, the burg is way down as advertised and the fighting tigers hit on pretty much all cylinders. i did see some stuff but it's early in the season. and we may have a placekicker now. we handled the ball poorly on some punts and kickoffs, and i'd like to see the ball carriers transfer the ball to their outside arm , so they can stiff arm. but overall they looked really good for week 1. great way to start the season.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:first off great crowd there tonight, the burg is way down as advertised and the fighting tigers hit on pretty much all cylinders. i did see some stuff but it's early in the season. and we may have a placekicker now. we handled the ball poorly on some punts and kickoffs, and i'd like to see the ball carriers transfer the ball to their outside arm , so they can stiff arm. but overall they looked really good for week 1. great way to start the season.
Yes we are very young this season not to mention smaller than usual. The burg just got out matched by a stronger anf bigger tiger team. You guys are gonna be tough to beat. I will be shocked if you guys are not in stark co in december

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i was very suprised at how small they were.they'll be back md.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i was very suprised at how small they were.they'll be back md.
Yea we will be ok in a couple years. We have four fresh on the team one of which is a pretty big boy. I can only imagine in four years when them four are seniors and have three years of varsity experience
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soho
Waterboy

Post by Soho »

Soho wrote:I'm still going with Burg in this one, if they score 43.
Darn it.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Proud_Pirate wrote: Are you people trying to say a little baby is not good enough to use the restrooms on your side.
And the truth finally comes out. After all these years someone has finally figured out that Ironton does not allow babies to use the restrooms on the home side of the stadium. :roll:

PirateFan
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:
Proud_Pirate wrote: Are you people trying to say a little baby is not good enough to use the restrooms on your side.
And the truth finally comes out. After all these years someone has finally figured out that Ironton does not allow babies to use the restrooms on the home side of the stadium. :roll:
I don't think she was trying to say they don't let babies use their restrooms! I had the same experience with my 2 1/2 yr old. She is newly potty trained and still has accidents if she waits too long. I have always used the restrooms on home side until this year. She was about to have an accident and I even told the guy that. When I walked up he looked at my shirt and said "Ma'am you can't come over here" and then continued to let people from Ironton cross under the rope to the visitors side! If they are trying to cut down on the crowd then shouldn't they keep Ironton people on their side too?

Proud_Pirate
Waterboy

Post by Proud_Pirate »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:

I might have said it in a wrong way, But the point I was trying to get across was not just about a baby but about everyone that was turned away. I have went to games since 1968 (And that is many, many games!) and have never in my life seen a school use a rope and guard to stop visitors from crossing, so funny yet so sad. He was told the baby can not hold it and still no you can not cross the rope. So my point was it was right down rude to stop a person from using the home side restrooms. I thought segregation was over! No matter what excuse you come up with it is not right and I know you will never see that at another school field. And dont say because of the crowd, They let the Ironton people through to walk on visitors side.

Return to “Football”