D4 - R15 - Regional Final - Ironton vs. Coshocton

zebra77
Varsity

Re: IRONTON vs COSHOCTON Regional Championship

Post by zebra77 »

Ironton will be the home team as they are the higher seed.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

NY HAS Done a GREAT JOB for thier First time hosting.Still need a little more seating
more restrooms...NY field has magic in it...Always a great place to watch a game...GOOD FOOD.......LIGHTING.....

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

zebra77 wrote:Ironton will be the home team as they are the higher seed.

If you look at the brackets, it says the top team is the home team. Coshocton is the top team, so they are the home team.

tigergrad95
Waterboy

Post by tigergrad95 »

Zebra 77 wrong look at the bracket in the header it says top team on bracket is the home team. Ironton is the visitors

schmittie32
Riding the Bench

Post by schmittie32 »

Actually the higher seed is always the home team (check ohsaa rules and regs) so Ironton will be the home team in nelsonville

As for the game....Ive watched both of irontons playoff games and ive got a few thoughts on them.....1. Their qb is very fast and i love the triple option attack but the problem is they dont run the option enough.....their offense usually starts off looking great but by the second half breaks down and the other team makes adjustments and shuts it down in the second half for the most part 2. irontons secondary is probably one of the best that i have seen in high school football this year and their front 7 is big but not very quick.....For ironton to win they need to jump on coshocton early while coshocton is trying to get a feel for how to stop their run game also ironton needs to make coshocton into a one dimensional passing team by controlling the LOS and getting them into 3rd and long....should be a great game but im going with Ironton in a very low scoring game defensive game 13-7

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

Nothing against the PEOPLE of Nelsonville that worked the game.They did a great job with space and facilities they were given.That being said how in the world do you have a regional final in a place where you spend more time trying too used the restroom and get out of the parking lot,than it takes to play the game .When you can DRIVE 20 MINUTES MORE to Logan and have all the seating and facilities that you need.
Last edited by butcherman108 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

I think the state has some answering to do for itself after this season is over for why they would put a Div 4 regional final at a location that is set up for Div 5 football...Not enough seating and not enough bathrooms..nor last night there wasn't any help from the police/sheriff...to help get people out of the parking lots...I thought that was the worst problem...Nelsonville really needs to at least up the bathrooms and police leading cars out of the lots....I think the people were really polite and the field was nice...just really not big enough and not enough room inside...

The main thing is that we are still in it and only 8 teams in the state can say that in Div 4...that is the most important...so that is what we as fans really care about...however...whoever is in charge of placement..especially with a large stadium only 10 minutes down the road in Logan just sitting there that has everything.....just doesn't make a bit of sense...

On to the game...I think the tigers have a lot to get ready for this weekend...I am excited to see us go up against Coshocton...I have heard they have two nice backs...however...I don't look for them to have a very good day against our defense...I will go out on a limb and say Ironton 35 Coshocton 14....Ironton should have a breakout game this weekend offensively...I don't look for Coshocton to score more than 2 tds...

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

I talked to an NY person who said there will be more seating and more restrooms. Ironton must be planning to bring more people because with all the peeing and moaning there were still seats on the home side. I got there with 3 min in the first quarter and found a seat with quite a few still open on the home side. If they bring in more seating and restrooms should be fine. Logan does not want a playoff game and I am betting its becuase its Ironton. OU I dont think is an option. They play at home next week. Buckle up make the trip and watch the game. Good luck I will be there after the osu game. If I dont find a seat I will stand. But I bet I find one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well, i've been told we are the visiting team, heck. i don't care. i'll be there with bells on. may take an hour to pee, and 2 hours to get outta the joint. but i'll be there.

AND REDSKINS WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN TIGERMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU, BROTHER

I Bleed Purple
Waterboy

Post by I Bleed Purple »

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/ftrglt.pdf

Page 5 on the link above explains that Coshocton will be the home team for this game. I don't understand why the highest seed wouldn't be the home team, but I guess that makes too much sense for those who make the rules? :? But, no matter who's in dark shirts and who's in white shirts, this should be a good game. Hafta admit, I was reeaaallllly looking forward to AC-Ironton, thought that would have been a colossal matchup! But, after seeing Amanda ream Alexander, for Coschocton to have slowed them down, this could be just as good of a game. Looking forward to it!

As for the site, I think OHSAA really messed up here. I was optimistic Logan would get this game, would have loved to have had both teams up here. As nice as N-Y's field was, for a game of this magnitude I think it would have been a better fit in our facilities. Oh well, just gonna have to get there way early and bring enough charcoal for after the game, cause it'll be a while before you get outta there! lol ;-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Lil&BigBucksMom wrote:Welcome Back Ironton to Boston Field and welcome to Coshocton!

Good to meet you last night Tiger Bait. And thanks for trying to show me how you get the crowd loud! You guys just need to learn our Go, Go, Go....! lol
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- IT WAS GREAT MEETING YOU ALL AS WELL. WE TRYED THE GO,GO,GO. ONE TIME. BOTCHED SNAP.
we better stick to the chants the tigers KnoW, like , go tigers,go. de-fense,
and my personal favorite, T-I-G-E-R-S. TIGERS. had a great time sittin amongst you all. i'm hearing i came in loud and clear over our radio broadcast as well. dave boston has to set with us again. he told me he brought good luck. guess i'll see ya'll again, come saturday night. HOW BOUT DEM TIGERS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

because amanda cc, was the one seed , coshocton knocked them off, so they assume the top seed , even though we were the second seed.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

calpreps:

Ironton 31
Coshocton 24

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I LIKE IT MD, COME ON DOWN. :-D

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'm sorry, the story about what i did last night at the burger king in nelsonville, is the last post , on the ironton /heath thread . i tryed to copy and paste it. but i guess where i all ready posted it i can't.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

This is going to end up being your home away from home!!! LOL

Welcome back!!!!!! :122245

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I heard they were going to change the name of the stadium to Bob Lutz Stadium at Dave Boston Field, as Ironton now has more wins in Nelsonville than most of the teams that NY has played at Boston Field! :lol:

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

The folks from NY are awesome and the Heath crowd was very nice as well. That being said, if i am going to drive 2 hours, i want it to be in Columbus. in Columbus, fans can make a day of it. they could drive up early go to malls, eat at nice restaurants and really take the whole experience in.
Lastly, it took way too long to get everyone out of the stadium. They need more law enforcement to help with the crowd getting out.

Good luck Ironton. Safe travel for both teams.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I heard they were going to change the name of the stadium to Bob Lutz Stadium at Dave Boston Field, as Ironton now has more wins in Nelsonville than most of the teams that NY has played at Boston Field! :lol:

That's why they wouldn't let Ironton play in Portsmouth this week, didn't want to start another long tradition like at Spartan where...The Fighting Tigers have actually played 13 playoff games! that's an amazing number of playoff games in one stadium, huh?

Return to “Football”