Week 2 1-0 Logan VS Pickerington North

TIGERS90
Varsity

Re: Week 2 1-0 Logan VS Pickerington North

Post by TIGERS90 »

qualified101 wrote:congrats to the chieftains for hanging in there and getting the win. one of the best high school games ive ever seen. congrats to D-rock on that game winning field goal.

hats off to pick north for not giving up at the half. you boys showed a ton of heart.

to the chieftain football team:
I, on behalf of the logan crowd apologize for their lack of noise to put it mildly. these kids deserved better tonight from the home crowd. is logan that used to winning that we dont have to get jacked up for a game anymore? pathetic, people. i had a person ask me to sit down when it was 4th down and we came up with that big stop to regain the momentum with 2 minutes left in the game. oh how the times have changed.

onr last note:

THANK YOU TO THE PICKERINGTON BAND FOR LEAVING THE XYLOPHONES and the wind chimes AT HOME AND BRINGING A REAL MARCHING BAND TO LOGAN. both bands sounded great. NONE OF THAT FEET SHUFFLING STUFF THAT SEEMS TO BE THE NORM OUTSIDE OF LOGAN.

I know what you mean..at Ironton, after all of the winning seasons...we would go to a playoff game for a number of years and our crowd would just sit there while the other side was going crazy...it's called being spoiled...and expecting to win...not getting behind your kids win or lose...

I feel that Ironton has finally figured out that they should come and support their team this year...as the stands have been full both games and really loud...although I would love to see a student cheering section...Wheelersburg seems to do a great job every year of that....

Sounds like it was a great game to watch...those are the games that the kids learn so much from...I know so many teams schedule weak opponents on their schedule...so that they can get the easy wins....but where does it get you...just think how much this game is going to help Logan prepare...Keep up the winning ways....at least until you come to the Tank...then we hopefully can prepare you some more...
Last edited by TIGERS90 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats to Logan on the win......

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

that was close does anybody in logan got any fingernails left?
congrats to logan next up is hamilton twsp.

chieflineman06
Freshman Team

Post by chieflineman06 »

Boy..............could the second half have been anymore different than the first half.

What a turnaround...........the Panthers came out fired up. 21-0 at half and then 21-21 with 12.4 seconds left and kicking the game winning field goal.

Hats off to the Chiefs for staying in there and not giving up. Angle looked awesome on that last drive........well not just Angle but the recievers looked great.

What an offense they got.........just need to get the D worked out.

My hat goes off to the Pickerington North Panthers, I mean they came out in the second half fired up and ready to go. If they had played that way from opening kickoff, I'm not sure if Logan would have been able to hang.

Good win Chiefs, get focused on Hamilton Township Rangers.

Go Chiefs!!

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Listening to it on the radio..sounds like a lot of the Chiefs got dinged up a bit tonight.

chieflineman06
Freshman Team

Post by chieflineman06 »

Oh yeah,

And not only does Angle steer the offense down to that final minute FG.......but he turns around, lines up on defense................and INTERCEPTS the ball!!

This kid is just awesome, but my hat goes off to all the Chiefs...........keep on heading in the right direction guys.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Any word on whether the coaches were just being safe when they took out Mason M. or is he going to be out for a while?
He was hurt in the 1st Q I believe. Never returned.
Any others out next week?
Good job Chiefs. Get that D stiffened up and you'll make a great run. That Pickerington D-1 college prospect showed why he is so. 340lb and 325 on the line isn't easy in College! Hold your heads up, that was a good team. 267 Average line. Whew! I think their fullback was as big as some of our Guards. lol
Heal, and Take out the Rangers!
Go Chiefs!!!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Congrats to the Chiefs on the win.

Faced a little adversity and passed the test. That's a sign of a good football team. Looking forward to seeing what the Chiefs can do the rest of the regular season and beyond.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

what a game. i met MR.WAUGH tonight a very nice fellow.

the chiefs passing game is trump tight. you better put someone on #23 this kid has skills.

a very nice palce for a football game. i think 9,000 were on hand. the purple nation went wild when the team came towards the field.

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

Speedofsand wrote:How is the weather up there ? If there is no storm, somebody needs to take a camera and post some pics on this board like other games are.

Logan wins on a late FG, 24-21.

I think noreply66 is spot on. PN runs clock, Logan strikes fast.

OK I did my part, who is gonna post a pic of the winning kick ?

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Morning after with some time to think about it.....I think Logan came out in 2nd half in a comfort zone. PN made some adjustments at the half. They came out and used there size to hammer at Logan.....but that also used up a lot of time. Logan's senior dominated offense did what they needed when the chips were down..great field goal. The informal news is that none of the injuries are serious. Boys were tired and mentally drained after this one. This might be what they need to get them on their way.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

dazed&confused wrote:Morning after with some time to think about it.....I think Logan came out in 2nd half in a comfort zone. PN made some adjustments at the half. They came out and used there size to hammer at Logan.....but that also used up a lot of time. Logan's senior dominated offense did what they needed when the chips were down..great field goal. The informal news is that none of the injuries are serious. Boys were tired and mentally drained after this one. This might be what they need to get them on their way.

i agree D&C. they can't afford to take anyone lightly!! 1 game at a time. next up hammy!!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Great game last night.

Logan did a great job on offense in the first half, moving the ball with ease and getting some defensive stops.

I'm trying to think of the last time Logan blew a 21 point lead. I'm not sure it has ever happened.

This is definitely the best North team we have played. Great offensive line, great running backs, and a quarterback who didn't make very many mistakes.

Logan is lucky to make it out of this game with a win, North had all the momentum, but what a drive by Angle and co. for the winning score and what a great job by Derek Montgomery coming through.

chieflineman06
Freshman Team

Post by chieflineman06 »

d&c, I would have to agree. You could just tell that the Chiefs were in a comfort zone and then Pickerington came out and smacked them in the mouth.......for 21 points to be exact.

But the senior laden offense did do what it needed too. And the defense did the best they could, and they stood up and played with Chieftain Pride when they had too. Great fourth down stop guys!!!

And how about that recieving corps. Mays, Sigler, McDaniel, Rutter and Snider (out of the backfield) can make plays. One thing last night that was different than the first game was that they would break tackles but they couldn't run away, Pick North had alot of speed in their secondary. But all in all I am greatly impressed with this bunch of kids.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

anyone have any pics of the game??

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Keep things in perspective. No style points........just win, baby!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

:lol: :lol: :lol: thats all the matters W

Return to “Football”