Meigs @ Coal Grove - week one

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Meigs @ Coal Grove - week one

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Both teams can and probably will make the playoffs by being in the conferences they're in but the first round playoff games will get ugly when they play no defense.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I would bet this had to be one of those games that everyone wished they could have taken in.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congrats to coal grove, my pick to win the ovc , this year.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Meigs leads the all-time series, 3-1.

1969 - Meigs 56, Coal Grove 24
1970 - Meigs 56, Coal Grove 0
2008 - Meigs 18, Coal Grove 6
2009 - Coal Grove 44, Meigs 42

Total points - Meigs 172, Coal Grove 72

Average score - Meigs 43, Coal Grove 18

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

fuzz, i bet that was a wild one.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

It was 38-21 in the 3rd quarter. A certain person in the press box got a bit cocky and forgot to knock on wood after he'd made a comment about the score. :lol:
That score should have actually been 38-14 because Meigs was given a 1st and goal after CG muffed a punt and they scored easily in the first half.
But again, gutsy Coach Lucas 2-point conversions prove to be the difference!
The Hornets have an ABSOLUTE STABLE OF BACKS TO CHOOSE FROM!
I can't get over how well CG mixed it up tonight on offense. The coaching staff and the players deserve a big round of applause for getting this down so well.
Last edited by fuzzhead on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

readn,writn,&rt243
Riding the Bench

Post by readn,writn,&rt243 »

Great game by both teams. I look for Meigs to win a lot of games. I worked the back gate at the game where many of the Meigs fans came in. They were some of the "nicest" fans. I know we don't have a conference rivalry, but it is nice to see folks come to a game to root for their team and not against the other. Good luck to your team the rest of the season, hope to see you all again. Looks like it could be a wild one in the TVC, especially with A-Town beating the Devils tonight.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

this was a fun game to watch and scary at the same time. love close games but hate when teams hurt themselves,but it was the first week. a penalty killlled the first drive and the muffed punt kept it way to close. offence looked good for both teams no dfence but everyone was saying it would be a high scoring game. good start grove keep it up. good luck meigs on the rest of the season.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Both teams can and probably will make the playoffs by being in the conferences they're in but the first round playoff games will get ugly when they play no defense.

I don't think you're doing the magnitude of the offenses credit. Meigs has a darn good offense. Coal Grove's offensive potential has improved by leaps and bounds.

thesmokinglens
Freshman Team

Post by thesmokinglens »

I'm one who wishes he'd have been able to make it... sounds like a barn burner. I completely forgot about Evan Ferguson... how many yards total offense fuzz? Glad to hear you're spending time in the press box. Was Evan's dad taking photos tonight?

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

this was a good game. coal grove is 1 classy team. the whole town treated us nicely. the game was every thing it was supposed to be. i do not think the d was bad, i think the o was just that good. too bad meigs run out of time. now we must win to show what we are.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Jif
Riding the Bench

Post by Jif »

Well broke the season record once held i think but J Phalin. Smith also ran for over 1,000 yds also last season if im correct. Pretty good on the O side of the ball.

I wasn't aware he had done that last year. I guessed it was Phalin that that had the record because Meigs threw so much when he was there. I stand corrected and Jacob no doubt will have the career mark before he is done. But could somebody tell me how many yds. Phalin had and woe many Jacob had last year.

Return to “Football”