Warren @ Belpre - Week 1

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Re: Warren @ Belpre - Week 1

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

That was a solid start for Warren, but much is left to do. Too many penalities on offense, a couple turnovers, and "some" poor tackling on defense. The team needs to use this as a stepping stone and get better.

I consulted with one of the local football history types, and he said that the win last night should have evened the overall series between Belpre and Warren. It is also, by far, the biggest blow-out victory for Warren over Belpre. The next biggest blow-out was something like 36-0.

This team can be "for real." There will still be folks that don't believe. Heck, only 3 out of the 6 sports writers in the paper picked Warren to win last night.

This team needs to MAKE folks believe.

Good luck to Belpre the rest of the way. I hope the Eagles get healthy fast.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

I think Welsh on the sidelines might be an ever bigger story of last offseason for Warren than all the strength and numbers gained in the weightroom. (maybe)

Agreed, Warrnwarriorfan, that this is a start and room for improvement still exists. No one expected Belpre to be some insurmountable obstacle for the Warriors...and all of us fans need to remember that we will meet bigger, better teams with more depth and experience not too far down the line. But it's a great start.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Biggest victory over the Eagles before last night was 40-0 back in 1974.
Final game of the season, Coach Ernie Moore's team went 5-4-1 that season.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

I would be remiss if I did not mention this . . . the kicking game against Belpre was solid. Daniel Scott handled both kick-offs and PATs and did a great job. Every kick-off was near the 10 yard line, and he nailed every single PAT.

Nice job Mr. Scott!

Kaleb Singer is doing a fine job playing on the defensive line. He's a great kid who started playing in the youth league and has worked his way through the system to become a nice player. He and Mr. Pritt represent the mean streets of Cutler very nicely!

The stats were not in the Marietta Times, but they were in the Parkersburg News:

The leading tackler last night was John Arbuckle. He had a very solid game from his MLB position.
The leading rusher was Kaleb Wolfe who ran 10 times for 95 yards and 2 TDs.
Pritt rushed 7 times for 54 yards.
Ellenwood was 3/4 for 104 yards and 2 TDs.
Warren had 458 yards of total offense.

Not too shabby.

orange and black
Freshman Team

Post by orange and black »

Belpre will have a rough next 2 weeks. Missing Tate and Ullman really hurts them. It's only 2 players, but when those 2 come back Belpre can move players around into multiple positions and the defense will then worry about the passing game with tate and Wadaker at recievers and having an experienced QB. The running game should be improved by then also with Miller getting in reps. Hope Belpre gets it together by the time their players come back.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

orange and black wrote:Belpre will have a rough next 2 weeks. Missing Tate and Ullman really hurts them. It's only 2 players, but when those 2 come back Belpre can move players around into multiple positions and the defense will then worry about the passing game with tate and Wadaker at recievers and having an experienced QB. The running game should be improved by then also with Miller getting in reps. Hope Belpre gets it together by the time their players come back.

Belpre has decent skills players but whoever plays QB is going to have a long painful season.

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

that was just a blow out. i never expexted it to be 56-0. but very nice game for warren.
and i respect the guys because they didnt get big headed, and they used sportsmanship.
belpre needs a lot of work if they want to win a game this season.

GO BLUE!

Return to “Football”