Most memorable game?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Most memorable game?

Post by Orange and Brown »

The year we played Ironton at home was a heck of a game. We got out coached by Lutz in thst game.
Irontons starting qb stated in the paper thst he had never been hit so hard, so many times in his life.
I cant remeber but I think it was 2010?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Orange and Brown wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I'D LOVE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT NY'S PROGRAM. BEING AN IRONTON FAN WE ALWAYS HEARD ABOUT THEM, BUT WE WERE IN DIFFERENT DIVISIONS. I KNOW THEY WON A STATE TITLE IN FOOTBALL, WHAT YEAR WAS THAT AND WHO DID THEY DEFEAT.
They beat Ostego in 81.
Bishop, Mays, Taggert, and Woodson were absolute studs on that team.
My cousin Phil Jones was a guard on that team.
Mays was one of the best all time linebackers I've ever seen in this area imo. That was one big time loaded team.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Gallentin (sp) was a very fast wingback/running back also on that team.Seems like I remember him running high 10's in the 100 meter dash.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Ironton St.Joe vs South Point 1969
With the Flyers trailing 8-6, Freshman Joe "The Toe" Lutz boots a 32 yd FG
Flyers win 9-8 and win the OVC championship !!!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I remember being at the St. Joe/South Point game in '69. I was 7 years old. The picture of those gold helmets celebrating in the middle of the Pointer's field has been etched in my memory.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote:Ironton St.Joe vs South Point 1969
I remember being at the St. Joe/South Point game in '69. I was 7 years old. The picture of those gold helmets celebrating in the middle of the Pointer's field has been etched in my memory.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote:Ironton St.Joe vs South Point 1969
oh dutch , how I wish them fellers still had a team. I'd watch tiger games on Fridays and flyer games on Saturdays. it was an ironton tradition to me.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
noreply66 wrote:2011 Logan vs Nelson/York....42/06 NY

Logan was hurting for a win and even going into this game with out a win many thought the Chiefs had this one. This game showed the Chiefs were in for a long season. NY was good but being a small school many thought it was our game. Logan was never in this game. Talk to a girl in Walmart the next day that worked there said the game was a shock to her and her husband. They thought it would have been a knock down drag out. She wore her Orange and Brown proud that day.
If I remember right, Logan Played NY tough early then the Bucks got up by a couple scores and the Chiefs seemed to lay daown the rest of the way.

Those were some tough times for the Mighty Chieftains but the worm has turned (so to speak)now. I dont see that happening again for a long time to come. Coach Burk has brought hard hitting football back to Chieftain nation.
That was probably what cost Logan's coach at the time his Job. He completely lost control of the team that night. We still have not completely recovered from that horrible period!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Orange and Brown wrote:The year we played Ironton at home was a heck of a game. We got out coached by Lutz in thst game.
Irontons starting qb stated in the paper thst he had never been hit so hard, so many times in his life.
I cant remeber but I think it was 2010?

that's cool that you say that onb about people saying they never been hit as hard by any other team. so many people down through the years have told me this about ironton as well of past teams. we always heard of the rich tradition of Nelsonville York like that as well.but were always in different divisions. I loved the series with the bucks. and hope to see it again in the future. and I love the stadium and fans there.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's another series I miss logan/ironton.few teams scheduled up like the fighting tigers back in the day. and logan was always up for us.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

cbolt wrote:Gallentin (sp) was a very fast wingback/running back also on that team.Seems like I remember him running high 10's in the 100 meter dash.
Our oldest was on that team along with their cousin, you are referring to Trent Galenintin along with Mike Bishop and Brad Woodson formed the original 3 headed monster! in the backfield. All three had speed and power.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I remember when I was a sophomore in 76.i believe us n logan finished tied for the SEOAL crown back then.i remember I was full as a tick on a coon hound, and the trip home on 93 was particularly fast and curvy home that night on the tiger greyhound. ole bill had the hammer down. and I remember eating up there for the banquet for the league championship. that would be an awesome thing for the OVC to start.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Gallia Academy at Logan. Early 2000's. Bad calls and the GA fans throw umbrellas all over the field after like 80 yards of penalties on one play.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I REMEMBER STEVE EBERT TELLING ME ALL ABOUT THIS. HE SAID IT WAS CRAZY.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

LHS 72 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
noreply66 wrote:2011 Logan vs Nelson/York....42/06 NY

Logan was hurting for a win and even going into this game with out a win many thought the Chiefs had this one. This game showed the Chiefs were in for a long season. NY was good but being a small school many thought it was our game. Logan was never in this game. Talk to a girl in Walmart the next day that worked there said the game was a shock to her and her husband. They thought it would have been a knock down drag out. She wore her Orange and Brown proud that day.
If I remember right, Logan Played NY tough early then the Bucks got up by a couple scores and the Chiefs seemed to lay daown the rest of the way.

Those were some tough times for the Mighty Chieftains but the worm has turned (so to speak)now. I dont see that happening again for a long time to come. Coach Burk has brought hard hitting football back to Chieftain nation.
That was probably what cost Logan's coach at the time his Job. He completely lost control of the team that night. We still have not completely recovered from that horrible period!
Actually it was probably the year after when N-Y came to Logan and beat them 50-0,even the radio guys were talking it was time for a change.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:

Actually it was probably the year after when N-Y came to Logan and beat them 50-0,even the radio guys were talking it was time for a change.
It was, but he never had control from day one. A mess for a few years. Remember him being screamed at by his own players like they was in charge and didn't care what he told them to do.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Never seen anything like it and glad it's over with. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

several games stand out in my mind.

1. 2004 portsmouth at burg. burg was down 7-0 late in the game. ports had 1st and goal inside the 10 and passed the ball. it was picked off in stride about the 3 or 4 yard line and was took all the way to the house. burg won 10-7

2. 2004 burg vs amanda clearcreek in the regional finals. burg dropped the potential game winning td in the endzone. burg lost 27-25

3. 2008: ironton at burg. burg lost their starting qb eaelier in the game and had to resort to their soph back up and with 33.5 sec to go in the game down 22-16 the soph qb connects in the corner of the endzone with another soph for the game tying td. burg won 23-22

4. 2009: burg at ports. burg scored at will on the trojans beating them 68-14 handing them their first loss at the new diggs

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dogg========================= you hadda throw number 3 in there. I bout laid an egg when that happened. you talk about controversy. if that was the catch where everybody wanted to know if his foot was inbounds. one of the best crowds I ever seen on both sides. the place was rocking on both sides. we talking about the one at burg here right.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I remember it was like 103 and the burg consession stand was out of ice, maybe even before the game started.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:dogg========================= you hadda throw number 3 in there. I bout laid an egg when that happened. you talk about controversy. if that was the catch where everybody wanted to know if his foot was inbounds. one of the best crowds I ever seen on both sides. the place was rocking on both sides. we talking about the one at burg here right.
yea that's the one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWJF8L5O3HE

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”