Knipp voted out at Rock Hill

REDMEN95
JV Team

Re: Knipp voted out at Rock Hill

Post by REDMEN95 »

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE BOARD DOESN'T POST ANY JOB OPENINGS ON THE OHSAA WEBSITE.
THEY NEED TO BROADEN THEIR SEARCH OR THEY WILL GET THE SAME OUTCOME THEY HAVE HAD FOR THE PAST 50 YEARS!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Buckeye77 wrote:Where does Frye coach now and at what level? I think it was said earlier I would like outside the Rock Hill walls but that is up to the BOE.
Fry was the head coach at Nortwest I believe for about 6 years. Resigned from there about 4 months ago.

Buckeye77
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye77 »

I think Rock Hill should think about getting someone that has rebuilt programs. I would suggest Triplett he knows the area and he understands how to rebuild a program.

bcltcr
Riding the Bench

Post by bcltcr »

Looks like knipp does too...they just decided to pull the plug on it.

bcltcr
Riding the Bench

Post by bcltcr »

BigBlueNation wrote:
Buckeye77 wrote:Where does Frye coach now and at what level? I think it was said earlier I would like outside the Rock Hill walls but that is up to the BOE.
Fry was the head coach at Nortwest I believe for about 6 years. Resigned from there about 4 months ago.
I'm sure Frye would do a good job, but if you think replacing Todd Knipp with him is an upgrade, you're wrong. At best, it's a lateral move. So if you are going to make a lateral move, why make it all? Stability goes a long way, I guarantee if they re-hire Knipp, it will result better (for theforeseeable future) than bringing in someone else.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Knipp has the kids believing again, that's why alot of players and parents are against the board on this one. When players and parents were against him Boe didn't do there job.

You can't handle the truth
Buckeye77
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye77 »

One good season does not have the community believing in Knipp. Last year was the first year in 5 years that RH won more than 3 games in one year.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Buckeye77 wrote:One good season does not have the community believing in Knipp. Last year was the first year in 5 years that RH won more than 3 games in one year.
If players don't belive in the system no matter who coaching it's not going to work, like I said players belive in it . Boe should have made a change 5 years ago and didn't.

Buckeye77
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye77 »

You really think the players believe in his system? Come on man!

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

What was last year, why is players and parents upset now
Anyone that knows about what's going on, knows why this happened now.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

It is happening now because the BOE changed and they ran on the ticket to have him removed. And that is what they are doing what the people voted them in to do.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

One board member change , and the other vote was influence by family

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Well let's see everyone knows sports start in lower levels was they a change there No, Whens the last time JR high basketball had a winning season , no change there. First winning season for JR high football in years , was a change . In high school girls basketball first winning season in years ,no change there , Only programs in RH history that's had winning seasons for years is Softball and Baseball. If Boe wants sports to start winning they should change everything not just who they didn't like.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

If The Parents And Students Like The Way The Program Has Been Moving The Last 11 Years (Which Is Not Good) Then Give Them Knipp!
I Think This Change Was Way Overdue!

john72
Waterboy

Post by john72 »

I graduated from Rock Hill and politics as always dominated, its the only place you can have a losing record for 5-6 yrs and still keep your job. If kids want to play they will play if they want to transfer let them transfer cant be any worse than it as bee. One coach resigns and he goes to a asissant coach! still same staff, we need a change outside the district, where someone comes in and doesn't let parents dictate!

Buckeye77
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye77 »

I agree I have also heard that they already know who the head coach will be. This could be true since they have not done a great deal to advertise the job.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Next coach will be Eric Taylor.

Buckeye77
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye77 »

Who is he ?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Yes it would for sure! :P

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

I apologize, I was just trying to lighten the mood. Eric Taylor is the fictional coach of the Dillon Panthers. Best of luck to RH.

Return to “Football”