WK 1 Lancaster @ Logan

Logangrad
All State

Re: WK 1 Lancaster @ Logan

Post by Logangrad »

The Picktown win in 2000 could have been one of the greatest wins in school history. When I ran on the field and hugged Coach Walsh you could just sense from everyone it was a huge weight off of the shoulders of the kids, coaches, fans and community. One of if not the biggest win in school history imo. Good Luck Logan this week! Keep an eye on Dublin Scioto this season as a former Hockign Co kid will be starting this season for Irish. Maybe a matchup in the postseason looms! Well, maybe we should just get by week 1 first! :lol:

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

I agree, that defiantely was one of the greatest wins ever for us. I remember everything about that game and especially me losing my voice cheering for the Chiefs as we finally beat Picktown. We stood in line forever, ran to the bleachers to save seats and marveled at the amount of players that Picktown had, but we did it. My heart skipped a beat as I waited for the call on Picktowns' two point try and cheered like I've never cheered before when they dropped it and we won. I still believe that we will beat the Gales, finally. GO CHIEFS!!!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Pickerington game was a heart-stopper. I also remember the game against Upper Arlington the next week at Crew Stadium as one of the colder games I've been to. That wind was horrible that night. 'Bout froze waiting in line!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan grad wrote:The Picktown win in 2000 could have been one of the greatest wins in school history. When I ran on the field and hugged Coach Walsh you could just sense from everyone it was a huge weight off of the shoulders of the kids, coaches, fans and community. One of if not the biggest win in school history imo. Good Luck Logan this week! Keep an eye on Dublin Scioto this season as a former Hockign Co kid will be starting this season for Irish. Maybe a matchup in the postseason looms! Well, maybe we should just get by week 1 first! :lol:

No doubt about that. The Westerville game the week before is toward the top as well because it was not only the first playoff win ever, but just a flat out butt kicking of a pretty good Westerville South team.

Good Luck to Scioto.

Logangrad, we should meet up for drinks sometime. I live over on the west side off of Hilliard Rome Road.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

dazed&confused wrote:Pickerington game was a heart-stopper. I also remember the game against Upper Arlington the next week at Crew Stadium as one of the colder games I've been to. That wind was horrible that night. 'Bout froze waiting in line!

You thought it was cold?

I was the idiot who go to Columbus at 7:00 AM, scalped a ticket for the OSU/Michigan game that day, drove straight over to Crew afterward, and watched the Chiefs.

I was outside from 7-10:30 with only the short car ride from campus to Crew Stadium for warmth!

To top it off, OSU got beat (in Coop's last game in the 'Shoe) and the Chiefs did as well.

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

D&C, It was really cold that night. We sat in the folding seats which were comfy but wow it was cold. But I'll tell you what, I've NEVER seen that much support for a football team ever. I saw Varsity jackets from evey school south of the Lancaster-Dixon line there. The Crew could only dream of that kind of turnout for a game. I remember seeing UA come out on the field and we all said at the same time, "look how big they are". Simon Frasure was a beast that night. But I think that if we had connected on that trick play to Johnny down the sideline that it might have been a different game. We might not have won but it would have been closer than it was. A good friend of mine was in the Logan locker room that night and he told me that by the look in there eyes that Logan had already lost before they left even went to the field. What a night that was. I hope we get more of that this season except with a better result. No more last second miracle catches to knock us out of the playoffs.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

No doubt about that. The Westerville game the week before is toward the top as well because it was not only the first playoff win ever, but just a flat out butt kicking of a pretty good Westerville South team.

Good Luck to Scioto.

Logangrad, we should meet up for drinks sometime. I live over on the west side off of Hilliard Rome Road.

The Westerville South Game was very gratifying for me as a fan because we just completely destroyed them. They came down to Logan and spray painted stuff and their fans acted like we had no chance. When the fans showed up and we completely took over their stands and it was a sea of purple. We just flat out dominated them. They had very few fans left at halftime! It was fun to watch.

Locos; will do! I live off of Sawmill close to Flannagins. You got the number! Send me some score updates this week. There is talk that I may get on the 610 WTVN scoreboard show at some point, so I will keep you posted. But its on from 10-11 p.m. for all the scores in the area of Central Ohio.

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

The Westerville game was a huge shock to me. I lived in Dayton at the time and my wife and I were out to eat. I couldn't wait to get back to see what the score was. I saw 52-20 in favor of Logan and honestly thought it was a typo. I immediately called my mom to confirm the score and was shocked but thrilled at the score.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Yea, I could just picture those Logan boys coming out onto that field and feeling like Hickory High in Hoosiers on their walk through at the Field House.

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

Fantastic analogy D&C. That is exactly what it was, except with a different result. What a game though. I played backyard football with the Conrad boys and to see them both in that game, especially with Joey's final drive to the end zone, was something special to see.

R.I.P. BillSauerField
Riding the Bench

Post by R.I.P. BillSauerField »

Grad, where is he starting?

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

NG/DE/DT depending on the package. With Toledo Central Catholic coming in week 2, it could be a rough three weeks.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

It looks like is will be close to 90 Friday afternoon. I hope we do not cramp up with so many 2 way starters!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

They have several two-way guys, also. Does anybody know what is going on with Cheeks? I know he was knicked up a little.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Man, I was just on loganfootball.com and saw the countdown clock. 3 days; 4 hours, 18 minutes! Can't wait. I may camp out at the gate Thursday night.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

dazed&confused wrote:They have several two-way guys, also. Does anybody know what is going on with Cheeks? I know he was knicked up a little.

woudn't you like to know what the situation is....LOL

Cheeks will be fine for game time...

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

lhsfan97 wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:They have several two-way guys, also. Does anybody know what is going on with Cheeks? I know he was knicked up a little.

woudn't you like to know what the situation is....LOL

Cheeks will be fine for game time...

I am just worrying about him hurting himself further you know. If I were him, I'd take the night off to keep myself well for NC State.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

Are you sure you aren't worried about him running for 100+ yards and passing for 200+ yards against the Chietains.

If Lancaster's offense comes out firing on most of its cylinders I could see them posting 400+ yards of total offense and scoring 3+ touchdowns.

Cheek, Smith, Carpenter, Shull, Alexander just to name a few will be key impact players on offense for the gales this season

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

The more Cheek throws the ball, the happier I will be. That's not a knock against his throwing ability (or Lancaster's receivers), but there is a much larger margin for error when the ball is in the air.

Balls can be tipped, balls can be dropped, not every throw is perfect (even if Peyton Manning!), etc.

I still think the Gales will make their living on the ground, and that's where Logan will need to step up and make stops.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

when I say 200+ yards passing I am not expecting the deep ball very much, short timing plays with big gains after the catch is where Cheek will rack up his yardage.

I look for Lancaster to establish the ground game then open it up a little after a lead has been established

Return to “Football”