Wheelersburg Pirates 2016 Season

eddie
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates 2016 Season

Post by eddie »

straight from coach Johnson he said he had too many checks going on. out coached his self but he also said Jackson was the better team that night. a key phrase they got reminded of was "keep is simple stupid". he said they learned a lot that night to make them a better team on defense for the rest of the year into 2015.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

eddie wrote:straight from coach Johnson he said he had too many checks going on. out coached his self but he also said Jackson was the better team that night. a key phrase they got reminded of was "keep is simple stupid". he said they learned a lot that night to make them a better team on defense for the rest of the year into 2015.
2014 whipping Jackson gave us made us better team - 2015 whipping we gave Jackson made them better rest of year

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Who in region 17 has a chance of beating Burg? Any teams improving this year?? I know Zane trace and Alexander is going to be worse...any dark horse team? Cosocton, liberty union, Martin's Ferry maybe??

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Any Burg fans interested in helping the team here is a link also on their Facebook page. I gave what I could for now. http://app.eteamsponsor.com/ETS/support ... source=sms

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i wouldn't be surprised if the burg takes the region again this season

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Mad-Dogg wrote:i wouldn't be surprised if the burg takes the region again this season
Agree.

End season 12-2. Play in Week 14 again.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Abe Froman wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:i wouldn't be surprised if the burg takes the region again this season
Agree.

Who do u see the losses to except possibility to water again

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:
Agree.

Who do u see the losses to except possibility to water again
Jackson is always a possibility, the halls will have them ready

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg has a new player on the roster thus season. Lowery transferred from Portsmouth.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Burg has a new player on the roster thus season. Lowery transferred from Portsmouth.
Will he have to miss the first 5 games? He will be a junior?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Going to be a battle for that Qb position, competition is always good

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

4thgoal wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Burg has a new player on the roster thus season. Lowery transferred from Portsmouth.
Will he have to miss the first 5 games? He will be a junior?
He will NOT have to miss any games. He now lives in wheelersburg!
Last edited by BurgGrad6 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

fbnut wrote:Going to be a battle for that Qb position, competition is always good
It is going to be a battle! Can't wait until the season starts!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

when did he enroll at the burg

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

BurgGrad6 wrote:He will NOT have to miss any games. He now lives in wheelchairs.
That makes it a little hard to practice... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just because they moved residences no longer guarantees that eligibility will be granted. These rules keep changing every year or 2. Here is what the OHSAA says about a change in residence (note the underlined section):

Bona Fide Move of Parents from one public school district to a different public school district.
This exception has been rewritten to simplify and clarify its intent. Here is the exact text of this exception:
If, as a result of a bona fide change of legal residence made by BOTH PARENTS (biological, adoptive or stepparents) from one public school district into another school district whether from outside the state of Ohio or within Ohio, the student is compelled to transfer to another high school, the Commissioner’ Office MAY waive all or part of the 50% period of ineligibility for one or more sport/sport seasons. The requirement that “both parents” make the move may be waived by the Commissioner’s Office if the marriage of the parents has been or is in the process of being terminated or if the parents were never married.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Ohsaa site still has week 4 open

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
when did he enroll at the burg
June 1st.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

4thgoal wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:He will NOT have to miss any games. He now lives in wheelchairs.
That makes it a little hard to practice... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just because they moved residences no longer guarantees that eligibility will be granted. These rules keep changing every year or 2. Here is what the OHSAA says about a change in residence (note the underlined section):

Bona Fide Move of Parents from one public school district to a different public school district.
This exception has been rewritten to simplify and clarify its intent. Here is the exact text of this exception:
If, as a result of a bona fide change of legal residence made by BOTH PARENTS (biological, adoptive or stepparents) from one public school district into another school district whether from outside the state of Ohio or within Ohio, the student is compelled to transfer to another high school, the Commissioner’ Office MAY waive all or part of the 50% period of ineligibility for one or more sport/sport seasons. The requirement that “both parents” make the move may be waived by the Commissioner’s Office if the marriage of the parents has been or is in the process of being terminated or if the parents were never married.
Lol auto correct kills me!! Hahaha!

Anyway. Straight from the horses mouth, he is eligible to play week 1!

8332 Granite St
JV Team

A QB battle? Dryer has been in the system playing QB for how long, I mean he played all jv games last year and has the size. BTW I just want the best player to play where the coaches want them. I personally don't know the boys. What I have seen is very little Dyer is mobile but with his size not as mobile as are past couple QB . I have not seen him throw much....the ones I have seen were kinda soft slow release. All them he can improve and like I said I just have not seen much. The new boy Lowery I have only seen our highlights against him last year and it was not pretty. Only plus he matches our normal size QB. One up side I could see if he does take over at Qb maybe Dyer would make a heck of a receiver along side Holdon both fast and tall ;) the true question is who wants to be the leader the most? Who can stay cool calm and take us to state?

Cats81
Waterboy

Post by Cats81 »

You can have that headache

Return to “Football”