Nelsonville York Buckeyes 2008

blue_balls
Waterboy

Re: Nelsonville York Buckeyes 2008

Post by blue_balls »

that is true and I believe after those two games are played. My prediction will be correct. Good luck to the home town team.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Will are kicking game be better this year?
I noticed that we had a lot of improvement last year.
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

I think with a year of experience kicking pat's Talbert will have a good handle on it this year. We might even manage a field goal or two. :lol:

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Don't forget about Belpre.....we will sneak up on ya like a snake.....then......bang! You been bitten....lol...just kidding. Alot of speed coming out this season! Maybe a 2 or 3 QB team....hummmm...what could happen.

By the way NY didn't lose the title because of forfeits. It's a shame what happened and it seems like a simple put preventable error. In all seriousness go luck to NY as well this coming up year. At least until you come to Belpre.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

There gonna be playin rollin on the river when NY heads for Belpre this year.
Revenge is ours
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

bucksfan08
Freshman Team

Post by bucksfan08 »

otterslide wrote:Don't forget about Belpre.....we will sneak up on ya like a snake.....then......bang! You been bitten....lol...just kidding. Alot of speed coming out this season! Maybe a 2 or 3 QB team....hummmm...what could happen.

By the way NY didn't lose the title because of forfeits. It's a shame what happened and it seems like a simple put preventable error. In all seriousness go luck to NY as well this coming up year. At least until you come to Belpre.

NY did lose the share of the title because of forefit...the loss to wellston gave up our share of the title

Hook_N_Lateral
Waterboy

Post by Hook_N_Lateral »

Orange and Brown wrote:5 more months until we here that cannon fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 more months until we here that cannon fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannon will be silent week 1

bucksfan08
Freshman Team

Post by bucksfan08 »

I almost thought you were serious hook& lateral...lol

The Cannon will be anything but silent week 1

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

That cannon will get rusty especially after week 2 from lack of use! lol

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

That cannon will be red hot all season long.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Its about time someone posted! lol

Spoke with Coach Gullion the other day, sounds like the weight room for Piketon is heating up. The power lifting team won the small division at Kenton for their first state title.

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Congrats on the powerlifting title. From what I remember, when I was in school Piketon always had a nice powerlifting team every year. I can't wait to see them week 3, should be an exciting ballgame.

2sport09senior!!
Waterboy

Post by 2sport09senior!! »

hey fellas dont foget bout them viking!!

another quiet team, they are working really hard already!!

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

I believe the vikings prevented Meigs from sharing the Ohio title last year? I don't think you can ever overlook them they always have talent.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I think that this will be a very competitive year in the Ohio division

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I have a question for you NY fans. Trimble is a big rivalry game right? Piketon and Waverly are 5 miles apart and there are bitter feelings between each. My father used to talk about fights breaking out during basketball games between these two schools.

Scenario, will either team have a let down if both win their first game, or will either team be emotionally down from a loss. I for one dont like starting the season with a big rivalry game for those two reasons.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

NY had played Athens in Week 1 the past 25 years, so it was rare for NY to ever start 0-1 in the last quarter century. I think if NY wins week one over Trimble, they are psyched for week 2. If NY loses in week one, they are hungry and out to prove themselves in week 2. For years NY played Logan in Week 2 and lost more games than won, and NY always came back in week 3 to turn things around.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Id say the "Cannon" will be silent when Ironton comes to Buchtel. :mrgreen:

Army
S

Post by Army »

NYBuckeye96,

I got to give it to your Buckeyes! They have really stepped up their schedule. Glouster Trimble has had some really good teams over the past few years. I don't know much about them this season, but week 1 will be a good game. As for Ironton D4 coming to N-Y. I think that's awesome! I am proud to see another D5 school in SE-Ohio play such teams. One other D5 school comes to mind concerning schedules. that would be Wheelersburg.

Best Success. Of course until they play my old alma mater Wellston. :-D

Again, I am proud to see another small school step up and play some powerhouses in SE-Ohio. I know before the series ended, N-Y always had Logan on the schedule. So when others ask what is going on at N-Y, it's called pride. Many laugh at my kids school Chillicothe for playing larger schools in their non-league games. They may not always win, but this will be their 3rd year in the SEOAL.

2006 7-4 (D2 Playoffs) Was the only school that beat Logan in the SEOAL. Beat Ironton 47-14. Beat Brookhaven D1 (2005 D2 State Champs)

2007 4-6

2008 We are loaded as a D3 School this season in the SEOAL, only time will tell how our kids will perform.

But the more you schedule up, the better I believe you become prepared for your league play and the possible State playoff series.

N-Y just quantifies that by their schedule, year in and year out.

Good Luck to your Buckeyes NYBuckeye96 :!:

Any possibilities seriously mentioned by all the TVC-Ohio members for an 8th team in the Ohio Division where all members can agree on?

nybucks2see
Waterboy

Post by nybucks2see »

I think the Buckeyes will have a great year. I do have a little concern about some of the upperclass Kids. They all havent been really showing up to the Non- Mandatory workouts. But they made sure that they showed up for the first 7 on 7 scrimmage. They Probably just need to be reminded, that it what is you put into the off season is what matters the most. This will be a team that will have several Seniors on this squad, they need to come together and gel if that want to get over that hump and compete at the next level. Just an observation on my part, but I hope these boys do some soul searching on what they really want to acheive this year. Like I said it is not all of the young men, but all of these players need to be on the same page.

Return to “Football”