Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burg is dressing their freshman this year for the first time I can ever remember in the 45 years I have lived here, but some of the frosh are playing too think because they are that good. Even without the frosh dressing they would have close to 60 players.

The Pirates will be loaded for a few years. Both QB's are juniors, Holden is a sophomore, and the backs may be juniors as well.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Question for anyone that may know. Does the running clock start after a team is up by 30 points at any time in the game or is it only the 2nd half?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Question for anyone that may know. Does the running clock start after a team is up by 30 points at any time in the game or is it only the 2nd half?
2nd half

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Burg is dressing their freshman this year for the first time I can ever remember in the 45 years I have lived here, but some of the frosh are playing too think because they are that good. Even without the frosh dressing they would have close to 60 players.

The Pirates will be loaded for a few years. Both QB's are juniors, Holden is a sophomore, and the backs may be juniors as well.

When you say "loaded" you mean this team is better then last year? And who was the freshmen that played ,because they are that good?
A good source told me the young kids was playing because they was "needed" after losing 15 seniors ,in not saying burg is not good , but can't use ironton as a measuring stick ,everyone has took their lunch many in scrimage games

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

It flat amazes me, after watching burg the past two seasons in preseason, talk about not showing anything. Looking at Ironton and Burg both years in preseason I would have never expected them to do anything like what they did both years to the Tigers. I got to say the Crow didn't taste good. Burg looked to be in week ten. That's what great coaching will do for you and not taking off half of a year of working out like most other teams. Hats off to the Pirates. I hope wheelersburg keeps getting better, as I hope the Tigers can find something from this loss and build on it. I believe it's time to go away from loyalty to coaches and begin to look at loyalty to the kids. Otherwise football will be just like many other sports around here. Parents will support their kids and the long time Tiger Fans will be gone.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The year Burg lost to Hartley in the playoffs, I believe by 20 points or so, they played Hartley the next year in the playoffs and lost in OT and had the ball inside the 5 yard line on 4th down for a chance to tie. Hartley came out of the game so banged up they had trouble competing the next week and lost.

My point is this Burg coaching staffs knows how to adjust to a certain team and when they play them again they are ready. I'm not saying that they would beat Coldwater if they meet again but I would guarantee the score would be a lot closer than last years game.

As for the numbers, Burg did dress Freshman so that gives them the look of a big team. Coldwater did it last year. Maybe it has a mental effect on the other team looking over at all of those kids.

Looks like that won't last though as I only counted about 30 kids total between the 7th and 8th grade teams that were introduced last night.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Wheelersburg is good. Haven't seen the game, but Ironton is pathetic. You could tell that when West scrimmaged them. Of course IBTT said we were all idiots :roll:

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Noitall wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Burg is dressing their freshman this year for the first time I can ever remember in the 45 years I have lived here, but some of the frosh are playing too think because they are that good. Even without the frosh dressing they would have close to 60 players.

When you say "loaded" you mean this team is better then last year? And who was the freshmen that played ,because they are that good?
A good source told me the young kids was playing because they was "needed" after losing 15 seniors ,in not saying burg is not good , but can't use ironton as a measuring stick ,everyone has took their lunch many in scrimage games
I think the freshman only dress for home games.
I think they may have done it for some if not all the home games last year.
I dont think any freshman played last night but who knows maybe they will later in the season.
The burg did have some sophomores play a lot last night and from I saw I thought they played well.

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

Yabbadabbado: Coldwater put up 58 points on Kenton last night. Hartley won the 2015 D4 state. We got to Coldwater b/c Hartley moved up. We still have much to prove until we include ourselves in the same conversation as Coldwater. We still have the whole 2016 season head of us and talking about playing at the State level after beating a sub-par Ironton team is pure ridiculousness. Afterall, Coldwater has played in the State Final every year since 2009. 1 game at a time.

Coldwater:
School State Titles: 5, ( 2005, 2007, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
School State Runners-Up: 5 (1998, 2000, 2009, 2010, 2011)

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

IBTT wrote:It flat amazes me, after watching burg the past two seasons in preseason, talk about not showing anything. Looking at Ironton and Burg both years in preseason I would have never expected them to do anything like what they did both years to the Tigers. I got to say the Crow didn't taste good. Burg looked to be in week ten. That's what great coaching will do for you and not taking off half of a year of working out like most other teams. Hats off to the Pirates. I hope wheelersburg keeps getting better, as I hope the Tigers can find something from this loss and build on it. I believe it's time to go away from loyalty to coaches and begin to look at loyalty to the kids. Otherwise football will be just like many other sports around here. Parents will support their kids and the long time Tiger Fans will be gone.
You are the only one that came to that conclusion, the only one. Why? Because you have proven to be absolutely clueless in regards to football. One of my buddies showed me your Facebook post arguing with other tiger fans claiming this team was the most talented since the 80s. I've watched Ironton for years. This is the worst team Ironton has ever fielded. So your understanding of what constitutes a quality football team couldn't be more inaccurate. You have proven to be so clueless there are no adjective to describe. Utterly couldn't be me wrong because you have no idea what good looks like.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Sounds like to me that you and your friend have issues if you are looking me up on the internet. I think you need to keep bragging about high school kids and leave me alone.

I already said I felt like Wheelersburg played well Friday night. I was way off, as was many of my friends who are on the coaching staff at Ironton. I really was shocked as I was last year. I did however warn them that they needed to get started right away in November, not to wait for half a year to prepare. That could have been part of the downfall, but too some of the kids coming out late couldn't have helped. They wont be completely ready for a couple of weeks.

Hopefully this group gets things turned around, until then, I hope that you and your friend can get a life and stay away from my personal information. Wow.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I saw athletes on the field for Ironton. But, the conditioning was horrendous. The blocking? Non exisistant. The effort and energy seemed lacking from the get go. One of the worst performances I've seen at the high school level.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The other worst performance I've witnessed for parody, came from the hand of the Burg to my Trojans 68-14.
They could've scored 90 that night.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

JTEK wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:HOW MANY PLAYERS DID BURG HAVE DRESSED.

ARE YOU SERIOUS, THAT'S CRAZY.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

TrojanXplosion wrote:I saw athletes on the field for Ironton. But, the conditioning was horrendous. The blocking? Non exisistant. The effort and energy seemed lacking from the get go. One of the worst performances I've seen at the high school level.

Agree on both counts. Several good looking players. #24 looked the part along with some others. But just an awful display of readiness to play the game, even if it was Week 1.

Iron ton will win some games but I don't think they are guaranteed to sweep the OVC.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
JTEK wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:HOW MANY PLAYERS DID BURG HAVE DRESSED.

ARE YOU SERIOUS, THAT'S CRAZY.
The burg has it rolling. Great coaches, fun system for the kids to run on O &D, kids work thier tails off and the community supports the program.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

I seriously applaud the Wheelersburg program. I don't want to sound like I'm trying to take away from their hard work and dedication. With that being said. I now want to tell the Ironton players to keep their heads up. It's not the kids fault because they have not one actual coach. It's Ironton's little political name game and I will not mention names; but come on, just because you want your relative to get the or your friend doesn't make them equipped for the job. Can I hear that we need an overhaul on our sports programs starting w/ AD. I don't want to hear that they are a great coach because I'm yet to see him beat Chesapeake, much less the teams we face from up North. We no longer hold a name of recognition and pride. The current people starting w/ our super whom bragged about hiring our AD, now that AD wants nothing but to get rid of the super. Neither have had much respect for their positions w/ all the stuff and people they have DID while holding their positions. With the war they have raged against one another, the AD has resisted everything to do w/ our football program. The Ironton people need to stand up and show a force of hand and demand the schools hire someone outside their little circle for all positions including coaches. That way there is no favoritism and then our programs will grow again. The kids are here. We just need to assure them that they all are getting an unprejudiced chance if they want to come out for a sports and the positions aren't going to be filled by sons, daughters, cousins or nephews. Go Tigers! Lets get back to what our name insinuates. Let's put the fight back into our fighting tigers. These adults that are over these kids have broken them. They need strong leadership that demands respect.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

IBTT wrote:Sounds like to me that you and your friend have issues if you are looking me up on the internet. I think you need to keep bragging about high school kids and leave me alone.

I already said I felt like Wheelersburg played well Friday night. I was way off, as was many of my friends who are on the coaching staff at Ironton. I really was shocked as I was last year. I did however warn them that they needed to get started right away in November, not to wait for half a year to prepare. That could have been part of the downfall, but too some of the kids coming out late couldn't have helped. They wont be completely ready for a couple of weeks.

Hopefully this group gets things turned around, until then, I hope that you and your friend can get a life and stay away from my personal information. Wow.

There is only one guy "bragging about high school kids" on here making stupid comments like "best team in ten years" "most talent and speed" "best team chemistry" "teams will literally be terrified of our defense" "3 D1 players" "6-7 deep in the backfield".

Ironton has one decent back, which by the way isn't going to be the "best in the state".
Maybe you should consider staying off the interwebs because you don't seem to know when to STFU?
Last edited by Buramgerdin on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

85yards wrote:Yabbadabbado: Coldwater put up 58 points on Kenton last night. Hartley won the 2015 D4 state. We got to Coldwater b/c Hartley moved up. We still have much to prove until we include ourselves in the same conversation as Coldwater. We still have the whole 2016 season head of us and talking about playing at the State level after beating a sub-par Ironton team is pure ridiculousness. Afterall, Coldwater has played in the State Final every year since 2009. 1 game at a time.

Coldwater:
School State Titles: 5, ( 2005, 2007, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
School State Runners-Up: 5 (1998, 2000, 2009, 2010, 2011)

So, just because CW put up 58 against a traditionally powerhouse school in Kenton, Burg can't play with them???? Ironton is traditionally a powerhouse team in football and this year they are down. Maybe Kenton is a sub-par team at best this year. Only time will tell throughout the season!!!

Also, I know Hartley won D4 in 2015 but in 2014 Burg made the adjustments from 2013 game and was in that game in 2014 until the final play.

Trust me, every other football team in D5 knows that to win a Championship that they are more than likely going to have to beat Coldwater at some point in the playoffs. My point was that Hartley flat out wore the Burg out in 2013 and then in 2014 totally different ball game. The Burg game probably cost them a state title in 2014 because of 2-3 key players for them getting hurt in that game because of the hard hitting by the Burg. Burg came into that game in 2014 with nothing to lose gave Hartley all they wanted.

Burg probably wont be tested until week 5 when Jackson comes to town. They will be looking for revenge after last years loss at home to the Burg, a game they thought they had the better team. Burg will be looking to avenge the loss to Jackson at home 2 years ago that cost the Burg a perfect season.

I believe also that one of the goals of the Pirates is to play at the state level every year so don't see how talking about that is pure ridiculousness

FORREST GUMP
Waterboy

Post by FORREST GUMP »

FORREST SAYS: WOW this is cracking me up. I love that the BURG pulled the kittens claws out. And the way they did it is EPIC. IBBTT how was your crow??

Return to “Football”