What's next for the SEOAL?

maniac66
All State

Re: What's next for the SEOAL?

Post by maniac66 »

Logan is a wide are isn't I mean it's like a local city school with it's enrollment so you may have all them kids but how many want to travel back and forth everyday for sport?
Just asking

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

maniac66 wrote:Logan is a wide are isn't I mean it's like a local city school with it's enrollment so you may have all them kids but how many want to travel back and forth everyday for sport?
Just asking

??????????????????????????

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

maniac66 wrote:Logan is a wide are isn't I mean it's like a local city school with it's enrollment so you may have all them kids but how many want to travel back and forth everyday for sport?
Just asking

Yes. Logan's school district is a huge geographic area with some of the longest bus routes in the state. Certainly hurts participation numbers. This affects a lot of schools in SE Ohio as well.

I did an analysis of this some time ago about the number of students/square mile for SE Ohio schools. Logan had some of the fewest students/square mile in the area.

Schools with more students/square mile were some of the stronger athletic programs for sure.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

LoganLocos wrote:
rainman wrote:School Boys Girls
Athens 297 335
Logan 478 471
Gallia 253 224
Jackson 306 297
Meigs 218 177
N-Y 148 153
River Valley 186 195
Vinton Co. 290 253
Warren 279 263
Wellston 179 185
Marietta 349 356

In the TVC, Superintendents make the decision. I have spoken to a couple of them about this issue. They have been talking among themselves I am sure. The theme is Logan is too big. If they insist on application as a group, all of them may find themselves where they are right now (a league looking for more members). If Logan is in the mix none of them will be accepted. The other thing I have heard is that Marietta has jumped around a lot in the last 20 or 30 years (Marietta has expressed interest in coming back).

In the list above, Meigs would probably be the team where the break would occur (with Meigs moving to the Upper division SEOAL Division). The rest of the schools on the list, and the schools not listed would be in the other two divisions.
Why would Meigs vote to be in a division with a school that is twice their size. Logan is much bigger than Athens, why would they want it. The two smaller divisions might want it because restructuring might help them to be more competitive in the new divisions. If the vote is only within the Ohio Division (not sure how the by-laws read), if Logan is in the mix it will not happen. The other schools had better think about applying individually or as a group try to attract other schools to the current SEOAL.
If the SEOAL doesn't stay together as a group Gallipolis has a better option (going to the OVC). Warren could probably get into the TVC on their own. Jackson would probably be happier in the SOC or the OVC (or independent).

Logan would be on their own. But I don't think the TVC gets more than Warren without taking the whole group. JMO.
I agree completely Locos, Warren is likely the only current SEOAL team with a chance on their own.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Always have enjoyed the SEOAL and it has for the most part been a competitive league. I can't see Jackson fitting in the OVC.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Looks like Gallia Academy has shoved the dagger into the SEOAL. Maybe the 3 remaiming teams. Can pull a school in from another league? Chillicothe, Athens, Waverly, Point Pleasant??

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

I'm sure gallia academy tried every outlet possible to stay in the seoal. PP, athens, marietta and all other schools probably didnt have any interest and that is why they are leaving. They wouldve stayed if it had any chance of being a 5-6 team conference.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Paladin wrote:One of the things that separates the SEOAL from MUCH of SEO is TRADITION and PRIDE. The excuses used by other schools to leave or avoid coming to the SEOAL are many but it usually boils down to the same reason every time --competition . Much of the TVC are former members of the SEOAL who couldn't compete -- losers. The SEOAL has been the biggest schools with the toughest competition. Much of SEO is "minor league" FB, small schools playing weak schedules. SEOAL teams would find it much more difficult to make the post season playing a bunch of smaller minor league teams, maybe even impossible considering the poor season records of many of the small teams. LOgan, Warren, Jackson and Gallia form the base of the SEOAL now. Others will be attracted to playing in the best league in SEO, but they will be bigger schools. The process is in play now.

So long to all this great tradition lol.............

What say you now that Gallia "cut and run" Palicrap?

Process is in play lmao......... Your so full of crap, it's coming out your ears

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

What's next you ask?
PUSH
FLUSH
SSSWWWOOOOSH

Palidork is proven WRONG AGAIN

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Would love to see Warren end up in the MVL but I don't see that happening.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Philos_Finest wrote:Would love to see Warren end up in the MVL but I don't see that happening.
If some of the rumors I hear about Muskingum County are true there may well be a spot for Warren.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Where would that leave Jackson? SCOL? SOC?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan's out of luck for a while, too, nybuckeye96.

SOC is probably most likely for Jackson.

SCOL is pretty spread out east to west as it is. Jackson would add another half hour east/south of Chillicothe.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I think the MVL or MSL makes the most sense for Logan. Just depends if those conferences want to expand or not.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I think the MVL or MSL makes the most sense for Logan. Just depends if those conferences want to expand or not.
The MSL doesn't want them, and I don't think the MVL has any interest in them either.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The big loser in this is SEO. The region becomes even more irrelevant. Especially football.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Paladin wrote:The big loser in this is SEO. The region becomes even more irrelevant. Especially football.

Yea cause the SEOAL schools were leading the way every year come playoff time.......... Oh wait, my bad! Sorry I was thinking of a different league lmao

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

LoganLocos wrote:Logan's out of luck for a while, too, nybuckeye96.

SCOL is pretty spread out east to west as it is. Jackson would add another half hour east/south of Chillicothe.
I would be shocked if Jackson was voted in to the SOC. It will never happen IMO. From what I've heard, the SOC doesn't want them.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Paladin wrote:The big loser in this is SEO. The region becomes even more irrelevant. Especially football.

Yea cause the SEOAL schools were leading the way every year come playoff time.......... Oh wait, my bad! Sorry I was thinking of a different league lmao
Guys lets not start the mudslinging about who's better the TVC or seoal , some conference will pick up jackson warren and logan eventually. All or any would be great additions to a conference looking to expand .

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:Logan's out of luck for a while, too, nybuckeye96.

I would be shocked if Jackson was voted in to the SOC. It will never happen IMO. From what I've heard, the SOC doesn't want them.

Jackson is probably too big for the soc however jackson just a few kids from being D4. That's my dream conference but unlikely

Return to “Football”